Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are VT and TG Committed to Cardiff Ciy???

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:44 pm

People are trying to cast serious doubts over the commitment VT and TG to Cardiff City and whether they are here to stay. This was my response and I've been asked to post it separately for it to become a sticky;

What... the Malaysian investors who aren't spending money but completely rebuilt the squad during the summer.

The Malaysian investors who are here for the short term but built a long term youth development programme in Malaysia under he name of Cardiff City.

The Malaysian owners who are wise, experienced business men who have tried to make the club develop in a sustainable fashion (a la Fulham) rather than throw money at us.

The Malaysian owners who haven't sold us on to other investors when our financial state is better than some other clubs in the division and the one below but wants to turn us into a sustainable top 4 Premier league side.

The Malaysian owners who don't care about the club but have sorted out all long term and historical debt apart from Langstone.

The Malaysian owners who don't own all of the club but are expected to put in all of the money for transfer fees and debts

The Malaysian owners who don't care about the football but have just purchased the glow lamps to keep the pitch top notch during the winter months.

The Malaysian owners who 'aren't football me' but have supported Malky in revamping the back room staff as well as the on field staff.

The Malaysian owners who have supported Malky in developing an extensive scouting Network

The Malaysian owners who are still subsidising DJ's wages when the easiest option would have been to keep him on rather than appoint a bright new up and coming manager.

These guys really don't care, haven't invested and have no long term vision or plans for club :roll:

Re: Are VT and TG Committed to Cardiff Ciy???

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:23 pm

Brill post. The people who say they ain't backing Malky should realise the damage they may be doing.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:26 pm

Totally agree mate

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:36 pm

Midfield general wrote:Complete rubbish

Your comment is complete rubbish. You have nothing to go against what he says yet all his facts are just that - facts. Grow up.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Still not a sticky though. Hmmmmm... as some people would say ;)

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:49 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:People are trying to cast serious doubts over the commitment VT and TG to Cardiff City and whether they are here to stay. This was my response and I've been asked to post it separately for it to become a sticky;

What... the Malaysian investors who aren't spending money but completely rebuilt the squad during the summer. more money was saved then spent as players on higher wages left the club

The Malaysian investors who are here for the short term but built a long term youth development programme in Malaysia under he name of Cardiff City. only to help attract other investors from the Far East to buy the club at a later date

The Malaysian owners who are wise, experienced business men who have tried to make the club develop in a sustainable fashion (a la Fulham) rather than throw money at us. The same can be said for the former QPR owners

The Malaysian owners who haven't sold us on to other investors when our financial state is better than some other clubs in the division and the one below but wants to turn us into a sustainable top 4 Premier league side. all talk and no action

The Malaysian owners who don't care about the club but have sorted out all long term and historical debt apart from Langstone. not a single penny has been paid to langstone

The Malaysian owners who don't own all of the club but are expected to put in all of the money for transfer fees and debts they knew the situation before buying into the business and knew the situation before buying more shares of the business

The Malaysian owners who don't care about the football but have just purchased the glow lamps to keep the pitch top notch during the winter months. sorry but surely the rugby club would have also put money to the purchase and we are talking very small figures in this issue

The Malaysian owners who 'aren't football me' but have supported Malky in revamping the back room staff as well as the on field staff. probably on less than what the former back room staff were on so saving more

The Malaysian owners who have supported Malky in developing an extensive scouting Network same answer to the former response

The Malaysian owners who are still subsidising DJ's wages when the easiest option would have been to keep him on rather than appoint a bright new up and coming manager. if they kept Jones for longer attendances would have dropped even more

These guys really don't care, haven't invested and have no long term vision or plans for club :roll:no investment whatsoever just spending monies which have been saved

Unbelievably, I agree with most of that.

I'll be interested if they are here in 5 years if we don't reach the 'promised land'.

Hope I'm wrong mind.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:57 pm

dont think they are tbh :roll:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:08 pm

The fact we still have a club is good enough for me :ayatollah: thankful forever

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:09 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Jordi Culé wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:People are trying to cast serious doubts over the commitment VT and TG to Cardiff City and whether they are here to stay. This was my response and I've been asked to post it separately for it to become a sticky;

What... the Malaysian investors who aren't spending money but completely rebuilt the squad during the summer. more money was saved then spent as players on higher wages left the club

The Malaysian investors who are here for the short term but built a long term youth development programme in Malaysia under he name of Cardiff City. only to help attract other investors from the Far East to buy the club at a later date

The Malaysian owners who are wise, experienced business men who have tried to make the club develop in a sustainable fashion (a la Fulham) rather than throw money at us. The same can be said for the former QPR owners

The Malaysian owners who haven't sold us on to other investors when our financial state is better than some other clubs in the division and the one below but wants to turn us into a sustainable top 4 Premier league side. all talk and no action

The Malaysian owners who don't care about the club but have sorted out all long term and historical debt apart from Langstone. not a single penny has been paid to langstone

The Malaysian owners who don't own all of the club but are expected to put in all of the money for transfer fees and debts they knew the situation before buying into the business and knew the situation before buying more shares of the business

The Malaysian owners who don't care about the football but have just purchased the glow lamps to keep the pitch top notch during the winter months. sorry but surely the rugby club would have also put money to the purchase and we are talking very small figures in this issue

The Malaysian owners who 'aren't football me' but have supported Malky in revamping the back room staff as well as the on field staff. probably on less than what the former back room staff were on so saving more

The Malaysian owners who have supported Malky in developing an extensive scouting Network same answer to the former response

The Malaysian owners who are still subsidising DJ's wages when the easiest option would have been to keep him on rather than appoint a bright new up and coming manager. if they kept Jones for longer attendances would have dropped even more

These guys really don't care, haven't invested and have no long term vision or plans for club :roll:no investment whatsoever just spending monies which have been saved

I'll be interested if they are here in 5 years if we don't reach the 'promised land'.

Hope I'm wrong mind.

been saying it for a long while now mate but some on here are lemmings unfortunately

Lemmings! :) That's a bit harsh.

Optimistic, delusional or twp would be better.

I'm just too cynical in relation to anyone who owns (or seems to) the club.

I'd have Clemo back. :D

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:10 pm

Tan doesn't down the club

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:23 pm

FACT is you dont half dont half talk some shit MG

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:29 pm

Midfield general wrote:
bluecyw wrote:FACT is you dont half dont half talk some shit MG

you'll see

Only fact is that V Tan was the only man willing to put money into this club to save it from folding. Even if he never out a further penny in why aren't people grateful for that? I just don't understand

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Jordi Culé wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
Jordi Culé wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

Hope I'm wrong mind.

been saying it for a long while now mate but some on here are lemmings unfortunately

Lemmings! :) That's a bit harsh.

Optimistic, delusional or twp would be better.

I'm just too cynical in relation to anyone who owns (or seems to) the club.

I'd have Clemo back. :D

nah Lemmings FACT :lol:

There can't be many lemmings left. Didn't a load throw themselves off Nash Point with Sam Hammam? ;)

Optimism can be very dangerous.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:37 pm

Midfield general wrote:

you'll see

So would you have prefered the club to have gone into administration instead of the malaysians coming in ?

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

you'll see

Only fact is that V Tan was the only man willing to put money into this club to save it from folding. Even if he never out a further penny in why aren't people grateful for that? I just don't understand

A lot of people said they were only interested in the beginning because we were on our way to the play off finals but if we fail they will be on their way.

Well we failed again but they stayed and gave it another go. That failed but they are still here.

So are they here because they cannot get rid or are true in their claims they are here for the long term? All I can say is that I am baffled why they are still here.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:52 pm

Midfield general wrote:
bluecyw wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

you'll see

So would you have prefered the club to have gone into administration instead of the malaysians coming in ?

Ive said it before and I'd say it again I would have preferred the club to had gone into administation because we would have wipped the slate clean meaning no langstone debt around our necks. The club have a bad name within the local business community anyway so going into administration wouldnt have done much more damage within the business community because to be frank it cant get much worse than what it is.

And what about if we could not come out of administration? That is not as easy as what some think.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:55 pm

if we had gone into admin that rogue hammam would have been back again with his circus :twisted:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:56 pm

The theory that lemmings commit mass suicide is based on a false mockumenart and the large increase and decrease in population is down to their growth rate, nothing else.

My theories don't really seem that wide of the mark, but your arguments against MG have no factual evidence;

Our scouting network last year was non-existent.

It is the football club that has bought the lights.

Money still had to be spent, and that was a lot. All be it not a huge sum on one or two players but a pretty even spread across the board and then factor in agents fees, signing on fees etc etc

Development programme - I'd but in more to the land development agency owned by TG who is using this as a spring board to a massive development project... more money for him and more money for us.

How can you even say all talk no action. Look how much they backed Jones last year and look at he squad rebuilding they had to undertake this year. Only 2 players who played against Reading at he end of last season featured against them last week. THAT's HUGE!!! Then with that amount of developing and time for a new squad to settle in why throw massive monies on star players whose effect you won't see until that bedding in period has taken place. Then is the wiser time for more investmen rather than throwing money down a drain.

No, no money to Langstone. We all though have our own theories on that. We await to see the outcome, some think Sam's nailed on to get his money, others think not, others think the whole thing is one massive scam. No answers yet and subjective opinion. Can't rely on that as there's no evidence, the only evidence we do have is regards to all other debts which we know have now been settled.

Yes they knew he situation. But why should they still be expected to pay everything when they do not own the club outright. unless other share holders are prepared to swap debt for equity if they do settle the Langstown debt. But then of course there has to be enough shares available for them to do so (which I don't believe there is) or they have to issue more shares which of course dilutes their value (which I doubt any of the other shareholders would be happy with). There are others in the club who are culpable for that debt not just VT & TG, everyone is on about Sam getting a return for his 'investment' what are they going to get in return for settling Langstone??? That at he moment is very little. They are wealthy because they don't flutter money away, why should City be any different???

If you look at the books the majority of season tickets were sold before Jones had gone. They already had a large pot of guaranteed income. This would not have been affected by Jones staying or going as the club already had the money. All this may (and stress MAY) have affect is the walk up crowd. Current walk up is only 4,000ish. So say if even that was hit in half, that would equate to DJs wages still being covered solely based on league games. The economics doesn't add up!

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:58 pm

jinks-rct wrote:if we had gone into admin that rogue hammam would have been back again with his circus :twisted:

Sam wouldn't have got a penny, he isn't even a secured creditor.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:58 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

you'll see

A lot of people said they were only interested in the beginning because we were on our way to the play off finals but if we fail they will be on their way.

Well we failed again but they stayed and gave it another go. That failed but they are still here.

So are they here because they cannot get rid or are true in their claims they are here for the long term? All I can say is that I am baffled why they are still here.

And still investing. After all they could have done a Simon Jordan and as a few others have done and just refuse to continue to put money in and let the club go. They haven't

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:06 am

Natman Blue wrote:And still investing. After all they could have done a Simon Jordan and as a few others have done and just refuse to continue to put money in and let the club go. They haven't

Yes but why are they still investing if they are?

As I said they could still be here because they cannot get rid. Now since MM has arrived he has assembled a squad that even in their present state could challenge for a promotion place. This squad was brought on the cheap and if it continues the way it is going could be worth a few bob. That could quite easily attract other investors therefore giving the Malaysians a way out.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:07 am

Natman Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

you'll see

And still investing. After all they could have done a Simon Jordan and as a few others have done and just refuse to continue to put money in and let the club go. They haven't

In fairness to the bleach blonde tosser, who deserves to be hit with a stick dipped in shit...

He is a Pal-Arse fan.

He bought them when they were in the shit.

He lost a load of money on them.

He hung about for over 10 years.

Can you honestly see our lot do the same?

I'll readily stand corrected in 7-8 tears time if we're still in Division 2.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:08 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:And still investing. After all they could have done a Simon Jordan and as a few others have done and just refuse to continue to put money in and let the club go. They haven't

As I said they could still be here because they cannot get rid. Now since MM has arrived he has assembled a squad that even in their present state could challenge for a promotion place. This squad was brought on the cheap and if it continues the way it is going could be worth a few bob. That could quite easily attract other investors therefore giving the Malaysians a way out.

They have to be investing because the club is still existing. They could easily pull out and put nothing in and let the club go to warck and ruin. Could cost them less than propping the club up and waiting to recoup from selling their shares.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:09 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

You say that but apparently the wage bill is pretty close to last seasons. Paid fees for gunarrson, miller, mason, turner.
Big cost would most likely be the management change 700k being paid to DJ, paid off all his back room staff and then comp for MM and all his new people.
I expect us to lose more money this season than we did last tbh

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:11 am

Natman Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

They have to be investing because the club is still existing. They could easily pull out and put nothing in and let the club go to warck and ruin. Could cost them less than propping the club up and waiting to recoup from selling their shares.

Well we dont know for sure if they are investing. If we are to believe what the club is saying about itself being run on a sound financial ground then why should they be investing?

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:13 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

You say that but apparently the wage bill is pretty close to last seasons. Paid fees for gunarrson, miller, mason, turner.
Big cost would most likely be the management change 700k being paid to DJ, paid off all his back room staff and then comp for MM and all his new people.

Spot on!

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:20 am

Midfield general wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:The theory that lemmings commit mass suicide is based on a false mockumenart and the large increase and decrease in population is down to their growth rate, nothing else.

My theories don't really seem that wide of the mark, but your arguments against MG have no factual evidence;

Our scouting network last year was non-existent. do you have any evidence of this as many scouts these days are freelance Freelance or not they still need to be paid and there's a significant development in structure so yes, far more developed than last year

It is the football club that has bought the lights.lights, wow!!! its pennies on the scale of running a football club worth more than Joe Mason cost us

Money still had to be spent, and that was a lot. All be it not a huge sum on one or two players but a pretty even spread across the board and then factor in agents fees, signing on fees etc etc still spent less compared to the players leaving. Sorry, I'm with 2blue2handle on his one

Development programme - I'd but in more to the land development agency owned by TG who is using this as a spring board to a massive development project... more money for him and more money for us. is this the same development programme which have left our promising local youngters sign for other clubs..? Sorry.. where did Ramsey, Blake, Gunter, Ralls, Jerome, Ledley et al come from??/ but no the Malaysian development programme is the one I was referring to.

How can you even say all talk no action. Look how much they backed Jones last year and look at he squad rebuilding they had to undertake this year. Only 2 players who played against Reading at he end of last season featured against them last week. THAT's HUGE!!! Then with that amount of developing and time for a new squad to settle in why throw massive monies on star players whose effect you won't see until that bedding in period has taken place. Then is the wiser time for more investmen rather than throwing money down a drain. they didn't throw money at Jones, many of the players were loans and a large percentage of their wages were paid by their parent clubs. considering the high wages many of them would have been on, plus the players we already had at he club then I don't think your maths stack up there either

No, no money to Langstone. We all though have our own theories on that. We await to see the outcome, some think Sam's nailed on to get his money, others think not, others think the whole thing is one massive scam. No answers yet and subjective opinion. Can't rely on that as there's no evidence, the only evidence we do have is regards to all other debts which we know have now been settled.

Yes they knew he situation. But why should they still be expected to pay everything when they do not own the club outright. unless other share holders are prepared to swap debt for equity if they do settle the Langstown debt. But then of course there has to be enough shares available for them to do so (which I don't believe there is) or they have to issue more shares which of course dilutes their value (which I doubt any of the other shareholders would be happy with). There are others in the club who are culpable for that debt not just VT & TG, everyone is on about Sam getting a return for his 'investment' what are they going to get in return for settling Langstone??? That at he moment is very little. They are wealthy because they don't flutter money away, why should City be any different??? they are chancers and fair play to them if they make a profit on their investment because thats business

If you look at the books the majority of season tickets were sold before Jones had gone. They already had a large pot of guaranteed income. This would not have been affected by Jones staying or going as the club already had the money. All this may (and stress MAY) have affect is the walk up crowd. Current walk up is only 4,000ish. So say if even that was hit in half, that would equate to DJs wages still being covered solely based on league games. The economics doesn't add up!if Jones hadn't been sacked then many people would have asked for a refund before a ball was kicked
Doubt there would have been ground for refunds. People bought tickets when Jones was manager and there would be little legal ground to argue that 'as Jones is still manager we want our moeny back' as people would have know the Ts & Cs when buying them, nothing singificant would have changed to make a refund possible. And there were as many in support of Jones as against so again this argument is not factual but subjective opinion

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:20 am

Well it's what Gethin Jenkins said and now what Alan Whitely had said.
Maybe it was the budget they said rather than the wage bill but leads to the same place.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:22 am

2blue2handle wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:if we had gone into admin that rogue hammam would have been back again with his circus :twisted:

Sam wouldn't have got a penny, he isn't even a secured creditor.

no but the slimey git would no doubt try and buy the club of the administrators

Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:25 am

Natman Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Spot on!

And how much is the squad worth now? A lot more than we paid for it.