Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gai Assulin - Only player of interest

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:25 pm

He's the only player whose name I saw on the news today, and believed he would be worth signing (and to be honest, Man City would've demanded he played).

In the end, his move to Barnsley fell through due to injury.

No one else is of any worth, in my opionion.

Simple facts are that most clubs in all leagues have smaller squads these days, and the teams that do have big squads are still in most competitions. The days of teams having 7 spare players to loan out are over.

Re: Gai Assulin

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Agreed, ive not seen anyone I wanted or thought would be useful enough to loan in the position we need.

I think I would be gutted that we didnt bring anyone in if we could still have 7 subs but as it is we cant fit anyone onto a 5 man bench anyway.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Agreed, ive not seen anyone I wanted or thought would be useful enough to loan in the position we need.

I think I would be gutted that we didnt bring anyone in if we could still have 7 subs but as it is we cant fit anyone onto a 5 man bench anyway.

It's so much more difficult with only 5 subs - as it stands, it will get to a stage where someone like mason or rudy won't be able to be on the bench. I don't think it would be fair if we bought someone else in, and both rudy and mason were left out of the squad, or McPhail, or whoever.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:33 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Agreed, ive not seen anyone I wanted or thought would be useful enough to loan in the position we need.

It's so much more difficult with only 5 subs - as it stands, it will get to a stage where someone like mason or rudy won't be able to be on the bench. I don't think it would be fair if we bought someone else in, and both rudy and mason were left out of the squad, or McPhail, or whoever.

Just made a very similar post in another thread but totally agree.

Slightly off topic but I just dont see any benefit in the 5 sub rule.

Re: Gai Assulin - Only player of interest

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:36 pm

It is a stupid rule, and I am not even sure who voted for it. For one it hampers youth development - if you had 7 subs, you'd be more likely to have 1 or 2 youngsters that could be put on if winning 3-0. With 5 subs, a more cautious approach has to be taken.

Really don't know what they were thinking (I've a feeling league 2 and some league 1 clubs voted for it on the grounds of cost - still makes no sense)

Re: Gai Assulin - Only player of interest

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:59 pm

Not sure I would be keen on a player whose name is uncomfortably close to sounding like Gay Asylum :shock: