Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Paul Quinn - forgotten man

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:57 pm

Such a shame for the guy that he's competiting with one of the best defensive full-backs in the country for the RB position, because he would get into most Championship sides

but there's just no way he's ever going to play over Super Kev when he's fit, and even Darcy would play ahead of him at RB now

can't see him ever playing a league game for us again to be honest, although anything can happen i guess,

but if he does end up moving on then he'd definitely go with my best wishes because i know he puts 100% into every performance

and he was quality for us towards the end of last season :ayatollah:

Re: Paul Quinn - forgotten man

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:01 pm

Decent cover and always gives his best.

Think super kev being one if the best in the country us way off the mark tho.
good championship full back no doubt but would fall short at pl level imo.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:07 pm

polo wrote:Decent cover and always gives his best.

Think super kev being one if the best in the country us way off the mark tho.
good championship full back no doubt but would fall short at pl level imo.

just my opinion that defensively, i cant name you many better in the Premier League

granted he's not as good as Walker, Johnson, Richards etc going forward

quite a few times on sunday i saw Glen Johnson get taken on against Chelsea which prompted me to say "i dont think ive ever seen Kev get taken on so easily"

but then he went on and scored, something Kev doesnt do.... but i wouldnt swap him for anyone to be fair

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Midfield general wrote:I do think Kev can easily play in the premiership. If Sam Ricketts plays in the premiership Kev should have no problem. :ayatollah:

yeah i agree, definitely think he's more than good enough :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:14 pm

I think MM would play Quinn ahead of Blake at right back (and ive have to agree). He must like him as made him captain against Leicester (I think?). Its great we have such competition in the squad and with good characters.

When you consider the drunks, gamblers like JLS, Chops and Rossco we used to have :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:19 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Its great we have such competition in the squad and with good characters.

When you consider the drunks, gamblers like JLS, Chops and Rossco we used to have :ayatollah:

Agreed :ayatollah: :o

We're agreeing on too much lately

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think MM would play Quinn ahead of Blake at right back (and ive have to agree). He must like him as made him captain against Leicester (I think?). Its great we have such competition in the squad and with good characters.

i would take Rossco back in an instant though to be fair ;)

can't quite say the same about JLS :oops:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:22 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Its great we have such competition in the squad and with good characters.

Agreed :ayatollah: :o

We're agreeing on too much lately

:lol: how worrying :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:24 pm

His penalty against Leciester was brilliant.

I remember PQ didn't get a look in last season until after Christmas and then made numerous appearances. I still think he could be a very competant CB or even a Defensive Midfielder if needed.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:His penalty against Leciester was brilliant.

I remember PQ didn't get a look in last season until after Christmas and then made numerous appearances. I still think he could be a very competant CB or even a Defensive Midfielder if needed.

i agree that he would be a really good centre back actually

i actually wonder if that would be his best position