Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This board used to be enjoyable...

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:58 pm

....but now there is too much doom and gloom and petty digs.

We never got anyone in and nobody promised we would either. I would imagine it's down to other clubs wanting too much money and if we're paying out big sums then I'd prefer it to be on a permanent deal rather that a loan deal. Malky isn't stupid. He should be trusted, and unless someone can prove the board haven't backed him then we should lay off all of them

So deal with it and look forward to the forthcoming big games.

Re: This board used to be enjoyable...

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:10 pm

I dont think its this board I think its just the attitude of our fans nowadays. We want this, we want that and when they do they still aint happy.
Even last season people moaned and moaned about not having enough players and then had the cheek to have a go at the board at the end of the season for spending to much and adding to the debt :roll:
Now they are being sensible and budgeting like a real club but thats also not good enough.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Top post mate, i'm fed up of banging this drum. We're all a bit disappointed we didn't get anyone but it seems a lot of people on here these days always turn their disappointment into anger and blame towards the people who saved our club which in my opinion is a joke!

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:12 pm

PtB wrote:....but now there is too much doom and gloom and petty digs.

We never got anyone in and nobody promised we would either. I would imagine it's down to other clubs wanting too much money and if we're paying out big sums then I'd prefer it to be on a permanent deal rather that a loan deal. Malky isn't stupid. He should be trusted, and unless someone can prove the board haven't backed him then we should lay off all of them

Well said Jock :ayatollah:
No Malaysian bashing from me, as without them the chances are id be watching Caerleon in the welsh league div2.
The malaysians obvs want premier league football other wise they wouldnt have stuck about, so come January if we are still up there expect a big push, where other clubs may be less fortunate :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:18 pm

how can you not be happy with the position we are in, 3rd in the league,still in 2 cup comps crazy we are haveing a great season so far

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:20 pm

keano wrote:how can you not be happy with the position we are in, 3rd in the league,still in 2 cup comps crazy we are haveing a great season so far

I think the point in this post is everybody who has posted is happy with that.....

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:22 pm

agreed fella

i used to post loads but i got fed up of all the doom and gloom.

we are 3rd and club is being run properly very happy with this season so far. if we did it the way some fans wanted it to be we would not be cardiff city and would be not club anymore................. scary thought really.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Dj is to blame. getting us to the cup final and challenging at the top end of the table led to the ridiculous demand for premier league football.

We havent been in the top flight for as long as most of us are born yet some people think we have a divine right to be there.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:31 pm

At this stage of the season. Extra players would be nice. But to be honest I'm over the moon with the start we've made, I thought we would be middle table at this stage. I'm sure the Malaysians have seen the impressive start are holding out until January and will then put thier hands in their pockets.

Bring on Saturday it's going to be a great game . :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Well said PtB.

Our club is still up the shit financially. Hopefully we can beat Blackburn next week and be guaranteed a big pay day for CC Semi final (I would guess that a semi final over 2 legs v Man U would be worth the best part of a million quid with tickets and TV revenue). The club should be saving a few quid with the likes of Farah, jarvis and Parkin out on loan (I would guess that the 5 players out on loan would be on a combined 15-20k per week so over next 6 weeks the club will save approx 100 grand in wages.

Hopefully the club shop will be busy over Xmas (My family has spent close on £150) and a few hundred grand will come into the coffers.

We could also get a big FA Cup 3rd Round draw against a decent prem club at home which will bring in more cash.

I know there are lots of ifs and buts with what i am saying but i believe that if we get through to cc semis then Malky will be able to bring in the 2 or 3 players that can enhance our squad and help us realise our prem dream.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:16 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Well said PtB.

Our club is still up the shit financially. Hopefully we can beat Blackburn next week and be guaranteed a big pay day for CC Semi final (I would guess that a semi final over 2 legs v Man U would be worth the best part of a million quid with tickets and TV revenue).

Going slightly off topic, would we have been better off financially drawing Man Utd away in the QF of the CC? I'm not sure of the gate money split but I think it is 60-40 in favour of the home team.

A full Old Trafford usually generates gate receipts of over £3m meaning we would have got £1m with possible TV revenue (HTV Wales or S4C?)

If we get to the Semies and draw Man Utd we will only keep the home receipts (£300,000) plus TV revenue.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Our club is still up the shit financially. Hopefully we can beat Blackburn next week and be guaranteed a big pay day for CC Semi final (I would guess that a semi final over 2 legs v Man U would be worth the best part of a million quid with tickets and TV revenue).

Going slightly off topic, would we have been better off financially drawing Man Utd away in the QF of the CC? I'm not sure of the gate money split but I think it is 60-40 in favour of the home team.

A full Old Trafford usually generates gate receipts of over £3m meaning we would have got £1m with possible TV revenue (HTV Wales or S4C?)

If we get to the Semies and draw Man Utd we will only keep the home receipts (£300,000) plus TV revenue.

Do they not pool the figures for semi finals? I thought I had read that somewhere.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:21 pm

Paul, As always I respect your opinion, but disagree with it, yes enjoying my football big time, but Malky has stated himself if we want promotion we need to strengthen, Up to this week he tried for 7 different players, now its 9 and we never put the money up to back him. So yes I am disappointed, WE HAVE A GREAT MANAGER and I WILL SUPPORT HIM 100%, BUT HE NEEDS THE TOOLS TO KEEP GOING RIGHT TO THE TOP. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:22 pm

i am still here :D

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Paul, As always I respect your opinion, but disagree with it, yes enjoying my football big time, but Malky has stated himself if we want promotion we need to strengthen, Up to this week he tried for 7 different players, now its 9 and we never put the money up to back him. So yes I am disappointed, WE HAVE A GREAT MANAGER and I WILL SUPPORT HIM 100%, BUT HE NEEDS THE TOOLS TO KEEP GOING RIGHT TO THE TOP. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can only go on Malky's comments in the press and CC Player and it appeared he was only really interested in one player and it didn't come off. he's also said several times that he has the backing and a litttle money to spend in January. Obviously your are privvy to a little more info than us. Is it the case the board didn't back him then, or did Malky call the shots in order to get the best out of his budget?

Either way, there is still too much doom and gloom amongst some posters on the forum at a time when we should be really upbeat.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:27 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:i am still here :D

Everything is ok now :) You out to play next week?

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:28 pm

PtB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Can only go on Malky's comments in the press and CC Player and it appeared he was only really interested in one player and it didn't come off. he's also said several times that he has the backing and a litttle money to spend in January. Obviously your are privvy to a little more info than us. Is it the case the board didn't back him then, or did Malky call the shots in order to get the best out of his budget?

Either way, there is still too much doom and gloom amongst some posters on the forum at a time when we should be really upbeat.

Paul, Def no doom and gloom here, the matches have been superb to watch, loved them. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As to be backed, Malky will never say they havent backed him as he would be sacked, yes there is money but not enough for the players he needs.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
PtB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Paul, Def no doom and gloom here, the matches have been superb to watch, loved them. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As to be backed, Malky will never say they havent backed him as he would be sacked, yes there is money but not enough for the players he needs.

I'd rather not spend cash we can't really afford at present then, but we do have to bring players in when the window reopens.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:38 pm

PtB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
PtB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I'd rather not spend cash we can't really afford at present then, but we do have to bring players in when the window reopens.

Paul, We have sent 5 on loan, we are saving about £20,000 a week, which enables us to bring in another 2 quality players. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
PtB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
PtB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Paul, We have sent 5 on loan, we are saving about £20,000 a week, which enables us to bring in another 2 quality players. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis, surely those 2 quality players should be the ones Malky wants and not what we as fans think would do a good job?

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:46 pm

Annis, surely those 2 quality players should be the ones Malky wants and not what we as fans think would do a good job?[/quote]

Malky did go after 2 quality players this week, but we failed to get them.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Maybe the £20k a week wasn't enough? Not many quality players went out on loan during this window.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:55 pm

PtB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Maybe the £20k a week wasn't enough? Not many quality players went out on loan during this window.

Paul, Very true and that could be the problem.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:59 pm

I would think that anyone player would be on around the 20/30k mark and wouldnt surprise if teams asked for a signing on fee as well.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:00 pm

PtB wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Do they not pool the figures for semi finals? I thought I had read that somewhere.

In both Carling and FA Cup the gate receipts are split between the clubs minus the expenses (police and stewards).

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:09 pm

PtB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

20k was enough for Eddie!!!

Joking aside we are paying for Jones and Ridsdales reckless spending and paying the likes of Eddie stupid money.