Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:34 pm

No loan player coming today!!!!

Re: Barry Mac on twitter!

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:35 pm

just noticed, :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Here's his actual tweet

For those refreshing or hitting F5 until 5pm, you should know that there are no loan players coming in today for #CardiffCity

but maybe he's lining up some permanent deals in jan we don't know :D :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:37 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:but maybe he's lining up some permanent deals in jan we don't know :D :ayatollah:

say we get 2-3 injurys till then in the next game then what??? slip down the table thats my only concern who is going to step in if we get 2-3 key players out :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:37 pm

Same Old

Promises promises & nothing ever happens

Probably done to increase sales for Blackburn :lol: :lol: even tho the guy would be cup tied

We find it easy to ship players out but trying to get players in is like seeing rocking horse shit

Lets face it we are skint

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Same Old

Probably done to increase sales for Blackburn :lol: :lol: even tho the guy would be cup tied

We find it easy to ship players out but trying to get players in is like seeing rocking horse shit

WOOOHOOO another city fan who can see the light :lol:

Re: Barry Mac on twitter! - No Loans today

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:39 pm

Ongoing theme - maybe next window-

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:39 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:but maybe he's lining up some permanent deals in jan we don't know :D :ayatollah:

say we get 2-3 injurys till then in the next game then what??? slip down the table thats my only concern who is going to step in if we get 2-3 key players out :ayatollah:

Like who? we have cover in every position except wide but we play so narrow it hardly matters.

DJ played for a few games with a midfield of Rae and Taiwo in our play off season. MM will have his work cut out but he is capable.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:41 pm

He didn't promise anything though, just said he had a few lined up. Obviously they haven't worked out :roll:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:43 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Like who? we have cover in every position except wide but we play so narrow it hardly matters.

DJ played for a few games with a midfield of Rae and Taiwo in our play off season. MM will have his work cut out but he is capable.

we played two games 1vs hull and the next game got noting out of them really due to 3strikers being out but yh if whits takes a knock and cowie whos comming in?? even if kev and taylor get knocks for 2-3 weeks then what quinn and fecking naylor there not even half the players there stepping in for thats my concern :ayatollah:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:44 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:

He didn't promise anything though, just said he had a few lined up. Obviously they haven't worked out :roll:

Exactly.

Just had a look on the BBC there's not been that many loan moves so far(in comparison to recent years) and to be honest, none of them impressed me.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:45 pm

I'm quite happy with what we got to be honest, a loan signing today would have been a bonus but hey, Malky knows what he is doing.
Keep the faith and keep believing.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:47 pm

Shame. Oh well, just have to work with what we have then try and get some players in Jan. :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:48 pm

Don't stop belieeeeving, hold on to that feeeeling

Oops sorry! My bad!

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:52 pm

Lets be realistic guys
We still have debts
Malky knows he needs to get rid of a few players that quite Frankly, are not good enough to compete at the top end in this division

I totally understand peoples frustrations but saving the money now can only help us cone Jan when we may dip into the pot for a couple of cheap wonders

That may not even happen buy we have a new financial model now and need to stick to it

Gone are those overpriced, short term loan deals

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:52 pm

Gavlar wrote:Don't stop belieeeeving, hold on to that feeeeling

Oops sorry! My bad!

Im trying gav but 8mins to go the light is starting to fade :cry:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:53 pm

eighty_8 wrote:Lets be realistic guys
We still have debts
Malky knows he needs to get rid of a few players that quite Frankly, are not good enough to compete at the top end in this division

I totally understand peoples frustrations but saving the money now can only help us cone Jan when we may dip into the pot for a couple of cheap wonders

That may not even happen buy we have a new financial model now and need to stick to it

Common sense, well said.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:54 pm

We still have debts

Just loaning Parkin and Keinan out who were never going to get a game no matter how many injuries could easily havce saved us around the 100k mark on wages alone. Might not seem a lot but it all adds up :ayatollah:
Just wish Taiwo and Gypes could also find clubs.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:57 pm

If it was true that Carl said about international clearance then i noticed Eddie Johnson is a free agent ;) ;) ;)
USA USA USA :lol:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Gavlar wrote:Don't stop belieeeeving, hold on to that feeeeling

Oops sorry! My bad!

:roll:

obviously the deal of the loan player, whoever he was, wasn't good for us, so that's why I said keep believing. No need to be sarcastic about it. If it wasn't sarcasm then I apologise. I'd rather us be in this situation than going over what we can afford, I say that's good business if indeed that is the reason why no loan player has come in, but what do I know :roll:
I TRUST Malky, the first time I have trusted a manager of ours since Eddie May. Rant over :D

Last edited by Juventus Blue on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
We still have debts

Just loaning Parkin and Keinan out who were never going to get a game no matter how many injuries could easily havce saved us around the 100k mark on wages alone. Might not seem a lot but it all adds up :ayatollah:
Just wish Taiwo and Gypes could also find clubs.

Agree 2blue, the players mentioned have little effect on our squad
Malky will go to youth if we have injuries/suspensions

I looked at our bench against Reading and Cov and to be honest, it was pretty strong

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:24 pm

I'm gutted we never got anyone in. I think we could well have been
top/second by xmas with a couple of signings.

But I believe in Malky, and have more faith in the people running the Club now
than i have since the early days of Sam Hammam.

Hands up how many thought we would be THIRD going into the last week of
November

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:28 pm

taffyapple wrote:I'm gutted we never got anyone in. I think we could well have been
top/second by xmas with a couple of signings.

But I believe in Malky, and have more faith in the people running the Club now
than i have since the early days of Sam Hammam.

Hands up how many thought we would be THIRD going into the last week of
November

Dave, I never thought for one minute that we would be 3rd by end of November which is why I keep believing in what Malky is doing.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:34 pm

he wont bring someone for the sake of it and make up the numbers I cant see what the problem is. The window reopens in January and we can look to strengthen then.

We have a squad that has a number of versatile players Cowie Taylor, Blake Gunnarsson Super Kev & Mason that can play in a number of positions so we are hardly short of cover not forgetting Ralls & Quinn. Not a crisis in my eyes just a manager that will bring in players that are right for Cardiff City

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:42 pm

Fairwater Youth wrote:he wont bring someone for the sake of it and make up the numbers I cant see what the problem is. The window reopens in January and we can look to strengthen then.

We have a squad that has a number of versatile players Cowie Taylor, Blake Gunnarsson Super Kev & Mason that can play in a number of positions so we are hardly short of cover not forgetting Ralls & Quinn. Not a crisis in my eyes just a manager that will bring in players that are right for Cardiff City

Well said mate :headbang: :thumbright: :salute:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Not too bothered about the lack of loan players coming in, think city's better off waiting until Jan to do some proper signings. Just have to hope there's no injury crisis in the meantime.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:15 pm

Who exactly PROMISED we would have loan players in.. obviously Malkay's targets didn't for whatever reason materialise, would you rather we bring in shit loans for the sake of it as we have done for the past few seasons??