Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

lets be honest

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Everybody on hers hoping that City will get 1 player in before deadline If City are really serious then being honest 1 player isnt really enough even at this stage.They have offloaded a few players out on loans etc and i really believe that they should be getting a few players in now.Im afraid i dont buy into the idea there are no players about etc .I believe that its a question of will Cardiff pay a realistic price for a player or wages Im getting the impression that they would want somebody like rooney to come here and utd pay all his wages

Re: lets be honest

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:28 pm

I just hope people don't bitch if we don't get anyone in. The team have done fantastically well and i'd rather get proper reinforcements in January than someone that is going to eat wages and until January and not improve the squad.

Losing players like Taiwo and Gyepes is fine, especially if they go to clubs that might realistically take them on in January.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:29 pm

If its a case of us not willing to pay silly prices then thankfully the club have at last learnt and that excites me more than a quick loan (which could even have a negative impact on the squad and perm players.)

I think a pacey winger would be useful for the run in but I wouldnt be overally concerned if no one came in. We can only have 5 subs anyway. We have a problem fitting rudy, mason and Earnie onto the bench at the moment.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:30 pm

As i said i do not buy into the fact that there are not good players about Now at good dealsCardiff NEED players in NOW

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:30 pm

2blue2handle wrote:We have a problem fitting rudy, mason and Earnie onto the bench at the moment.

That's why we loaned out Parkin and his enormous ass

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:32 pm

john52 wrote:As i said i do not buy into the fact that there are not good players about Now at good dealsCardiff NEED players in NOW

Suggestions?

Also we def don't 'NEED players NOW' they'd be nice but if they aren't going to better the squad then i'd rather not waste the money.

A winger with a different bag of tricks than Conway would be nice, that's all really.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:33 pm

if we was serious about going up then the whole squad of players would have all been here before the start of the season let alone when the loan window opened ages ago i dobut we have two pence to piss in a pot with the players going out and not one comming in says that on an already barething squad 1-3 injurys things will go downhill fast i know :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:35 pm

Im not saying that they havent done FANTASTIC up until now What im saying is that to maintain it or PROGRESS more then allowing for injuries or bookings etc then players are needed now Even the manager agrees New players are required

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:37 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:if we was serious about going up then the whole squad of players would have all been here before the start of the season let alone when the loan window opened ages ago i dobut we have two pence to piss in a pot with the players going out and not one comming in says that on an already barething squad 1-3 injurys things will go downhill fast i know :ayatollah:

I think it would take a hell of an injury crisis for any of the players loaned out to get into the City squad

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:38 pm

So names of anyone in particular? Mame Biram Diouf would be ideal for me.