Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MAESTEG WITH MALKY TONIGHT

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:37 pm

What a night, great welcome from the Maesteg crowd, love the place the people are so real and passionate up there and its a huge hotbed of city support, even though it must be as close if not closer to Swansea, just seems to make them even more Blue than other areas.

Malky was accompanied by Alan Whitely and Cowie plus Gunnarson from the playing staff. They were all very relaxed and the whole night was one of fun and informed opinion with honest answers from the panel.

Answer of the night must go to Gunnarson, who when asked whaat it was like to score a goal in front of 25,000 Bluebirds, replied it was the second best feeling in the world. Cowie was so creased up he couldn't even answer the same question when it was put to him.
There was great banter between Malky and both players and Malky comes over as a real funny and passionate bloke, who thrives on atmosphere, he couldn't speak highly enough of the fans and how much passion they show.
The bloke is so different from DJ you couldn't start to compare.
I was a big Malky fan before tonight, but even more so now,this man has got to be given the backing he needs and he can do an Alex Ferguson for us, watch this space. :ayatollah:

Re: MAESTEG WITH MALKY TONIGHT

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:39 pm

Think gunnar made the nite tbh mate, and malky in fine form as usual, i was sittin few feet away from u

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:39 pm

BigGwynram wrote:What a night, great welcome from the Maesteg crowd, love the place the people are so real and passionate up there and its a huge hotbed of city support, even though it must be as close if not closer to Swansea, just seems to make them even more Blue than other areas.

Malky was accompanied by Alan Whitely and Cowie plus Gunnarson from the playing staff. They were all very relaxed and the whole night was one of fun and informed opinion with honest answers from the panel.

Answer of the night must go to Gunnarson, who when asked whaat it was like to score a goal in front of 25,000 Bluebirds, replied it was the second best feeling in the world. Cowie was so creased up he couldn't even answer the same question when it was put to him.
There was great banter between Malky and both players and Malky comes over as a real funny and passionate bloke, who thrives on atmosphere, he couldn't speak highly enough of the fans and how much passion they show.
I was a big Malky fan before tonight, but even more so now,this man has got to be given the backing he needs and he can do an Alex Ferguson for us, watch this space. :ayatollah:

What, you mean go 6 years without winning anything ? :lol:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:41 pm

I wonder what the best feeling in the world is :o :D

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:42 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I wonder what the best feeling in the world is :o :D

Scoring AWAY from home :shock:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:44 pm

BigGwynram wrote:What a night, great welcome from the Maesteg crowd, love the place the people are so real and passionate up there and its a huge hotbed of city support, even though it must be as close if not closer to Swansea, just seems to make them even more Blue than other areas.

Sounds a great night Gwyn and I love his passion for us and the game. :ayatollah:

I really hope they back him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:44 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I wonder what the best feeling in the world is :o :D

According to John Terry and Ashley Cole anyway. ;)

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

According to John Terry and Ashley Cole anyway. ;)

Only bettered by Gary Flitcroft :(

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:45 am

dave jones would say dusting yourself down and going again. mind you ive heard it called some things but dusting yourself down is a new one on me

Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:46 pm

Gwyn, couldn't put it better myself, it was a great night and a big thank you to Malky and everyone from the City who attended, also to people who, like yourself took time out to come to Maesteg, the hall was packed with 220 people which made for a great atmosphere, and the banter from the stage to the floor was just great.

Will let you know in due course how much money was made on the night for the Princes trust :old:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:18 pm

The panel walked onstage from Exit Side left. To see Malky walk through the crowd to massive applause was fantastic :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:32 pm

WELL DONE TO THE TRUST FOR ORGANISING THIS !! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:46 pm

I had a few of you there eh :lol:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:44 pm

Yes great night and a good laugh, Gunnarson is a bit of a character he got us all laughing when asked what is the football like back home in Iceland and answered back with one word CRAP. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: