Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

International Clearance

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:07 pm

FIFA Regulations governing the Status and Transfer of Players require National Associations to issue an International Registration Transfer Certificate for any player over the age of 12 who is moving from one National Association to another including UK borders. It is absolutely essential to make exhaustive checks on the player and not to accept his/her word that they have permission. Breaches are dealt with under the provisions of FA Rule E. 1 (b) and E. 1 (d).

So we have to basically obtain international clearance for any player we sign that isn't from a Welsh FA club

Re: International Clearance

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:08 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:FIFA Regulations governing the Status and Transfer of Players require National Associations to issue an International Registration Transfer Certificate for any player over the age of 12 who is moving from one National Association to another including UK borders. It is absolutely essential to make exhaustive checks on the player and not to accept his/her word that they have permission. Breaches are dealt with under the provisions of FA Rule E. 1 (b) and E. 1 (d).

So we have to basically obtain international clearance for any player we sign that isn't from a Welsh FA club

Correctamundo Adam.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:11 pm

A few people have been saying that we're either signing someone from a non english based club, or a player who is 'foreign'.

Hopefully this will dispell those myths, and people won't be let down when it isn't Lionel Messi :oops:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:11 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:A few people have been saying that we're either signing someone from a non english based club, or a player who is 'foreign'.

Hopefully this will dispell those myths, and people won't be let down when it isn't Lionel Messi :oops:

I was happy to let it run :lol:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:12 pm

carlccfc wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:A few people have been saying that we're either signing someone from a non english based club, or a player who is 'foreign'.

Delete delete delete :oops:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:13 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Delete delete delete :oops:

No it maybe Messi :lol:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:17 pm

Ah, at least it stops me talking about the trust :(