Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MAGGIE THATCHER STEPPED DOWN ON THIS DAY IN 1990

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:18 pm

For those who where old enough to remember , what was the reaction to her f*cking off from Downing Street, not football related i know but just wanted to get a feel to how much hate there was for this woman, or did anyone like her ?

Re: MAGGIE THATCHER STEPPED DOWN ON THIS DAY IN 1990

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:20 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:For those who where old enough to remember , what was the reaction to her f*cking off from Downing Street, not football related i know but just wanted to get a feel to how much hate there was for this woman, or did anyone like her ?

Stepped down?

dammit, I thought that read 'Stepped ON' at first

the despicable blind old hag

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:59 pm

What a legacy she left ripped the guts out of manufactoring in UK
Sold of BT/British Gas/Water and the rich got richer out of the sell off
Smashed the steel works and mines in this country shutting down whole communities, we are left as a call centre haven
She deserves to die in pain, as many have done due to her draconian policies

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:07 pm

The old cow should have been PUT DOWN :twisted: !

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:09 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:For those who where old enough to remember , what was the reaction to her f*cking off from Downing Street, not football related i know but just wanted to get a feel to how much hate there was for this woman, or did anyone like her ?

The run up to Maggie leaving No 10 was quite amusing in a way, as you could see John Major and all positioning to takeover even though she thought she had their undying loyalty, typical treturous Tories :roll:

I can remember her crying in the back of a ministrial car as she left Dowing Street and laughing my cock off.

Having lived through the Thatcher years I simply cannot discribe how much I hate that bitch.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:16 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:What a legacy she left ripped the guts out of manufactoring in UK
Smashed the steel works and mines in this country shutting down whole communities, we are left as a call centre haven

It is only now that the change from a manafacturing economy to a service economy (Thatcher's big idea to break the Unions) is begining to really tell. We no longer produce any goods and our biggest export is fresh air as the cargo containers leave our ports empty on their return trips to China and the Far East.

Germany on the other hand has continued to produce goods for export (Audi, BMW, VW etc) and is cash rich and doesn't need to borrow money like we do in order to make ends meet.

One day our inability to manafacture our own goods will come back to bite us on the arse and that day is not far away as the banks are bound to fail again and we have no way of bailing them out again.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:What a legacy she left ripped the guts out of manufactoring in UK

It is only now that the change from a manafacturing economy to a service economy (Thatcher's big idea to break the Unions) is begining to really tell. We no longer produce any goods and our biggest export is fresh air as the cargo containers leave our ports empty on their return trips to China and the Far East.

Germany on the other hand has continued to produce goods for export (Audi, BMW, VW etc) and is cash rich and doesn't need to borrow money like we do in order to make ends meet.

One day our inability to manafacture our own goods will come back to bite us on the arse and that day is not far away as the banks are bound to fail again and we have no way of bailing them out again.

Totally agree mate. They shut all the mines down and we started importing coal from Bolivia politics of a madwoman :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:35 pm

I was more concerned about our defeat to Hayes the night before in what really was a black November.....the following saturday we got hammered 4-0 at Gillingham!! They were dark days

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:36 pm

She did not 'step down'. The Tory party got rid of her. She had become a liability for them. Read the part of Alan Clark's diaries entitled 'The Fall of Thatcher'. They are totally ruthless, even with their own. Night of the long knives.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:21 am

The run up to Maggie leaving No 10 was quite amusing in a way, as you could see John Major and all positioning to takeover even though she thought she had their undying loyalty, typical treturous Tories :roll:

I can remember her crying in the back of a ministrial car as she left Dowing Street and laughing my cock off.

Having lived through the Thatcher years I simply cannot discribe how much I hate that bitch.

Yes, when I read the title of this thread a smile appeared on my face. I pissed myself too watching her sobbing. And her departure was made ever so sweeter because she was stabbed well and truley in the back by her own best Tory friends. I hadn't laughed so much since I saw the Tory's being blown up in Brighton. The scene of Norman Tebbit in his gymjams under all the rubble - brilliant!! Worst part though, is they said if Thatcher had been on the toilet then she would have been blown up too. Can you imagine? Her sitting there squeezing one out, viens sticking out on her forehead and BANG! :lol:

I like seeing Thatcher on the news now, it makes my day. She's a dribbling old wreck now :lol: long may it continue. I hope they leave her to suffer weeing and shitting herself for years to come. Hopefully she'll end up in one of those carehomes that she started where they throw you down the stairs and wipe your arse with a brillo pad. :lol: She'll be around for a long while yet, not even Satan himself wants that old cow near him.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:13 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:The old cow should have been PUT DOWN :twisted: !

Agree with that, she was a vile evil Bitch :twisted:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Berwyn wrote:

Yes, when I read the title of this thread a smile appeared on my face. I pissed myself too watching her sobbing. And her departure was made ever so sweeter because she was stabbed well and truley in the back by her own best Tory friends. I hadn't laughed so much since I saw the Tory's being blown up in Brighton. The scene of Norman Tebbit in his gymjams under all the rubble - brilliant!! Worst part though, is they said if Thatcher had been on the toilet then she would have been blown up too. Can you imagine? Her sitting there squeezing one out, viens sticking out on her forehead and BANG! :lol:

I like seeing Thatcher on the news now, it makes my day. She's a dribbling old wreck now :lol: long may it continue. I hope they leave her to suffer weeing and shitting herself for years to come. Hopefully she'll end up in one of those carehomes that she started where they throw you down the stairs and wipe your arse with a brillo pad. :lol: She'll be around for a long while yet, not even Satan himself wants that old cow near him.

In time Berwyn i think tony blair will be held in the same contempt as history will tell he jumped into bed with george bush and manufactured evidence to ensure our troops went into afghanistan and iraq and whilst our brave soldiers( city fans amongst them) are being killed almost daily he is reaping the rewards of the after dinner speaking and directorships afforded him by the good old US of A for his loyalty and treachery to the citizens of this country

Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:26 pm

She's a dribbling old wreck now long may it continue.

She always was a dribbling old wreck !!!!!!!

Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:28 pm

steve davies wrote:
Berwyn wrote:

In time Berwyn i think tony blair will be held in the same contempt as history will tell he jumped into bed with george bush and manufactured evidence to ensure our troops went into afghanistan and iraq and whilst our brave soldiers( city fans amongst them) are being killed almost daily he is reaping the rewards of the after dinner speaking and directorships afforded him by the good old US of A for his loyalty and treachery to the citizens of this country

ill agree with you with regards of Iraq but with Afghanistan your way off the mark
but i believe in years to come the names Blair and Hitler will become synonymous with destroying citizens civil liberties while their citizens praised them for it.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:31 pm

My Uncle and Aunty bought a magnum of champagne on that day in 1990, and vowed to open it on the day the old hag dies..... :lol:

Pity she has out lived my Uncle(RIP) really but i will be cracking out the bubbly hopefully very soon what she did to the South Wales Valleys and beyond................. :evil:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:28 pm

All very well, but can someone tell me why you all thate Thatcher so much?
The Falklands war, the miner strikes?

Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Jordy wrote:All very well, but can someone tell me why you all thate Thatcher so much?
The Falklands war, the miner strikes?

i cant see how anyone can hate Thatcher for the Falklands war, the Falkland Islands is a British territory which was invaded and she took a stand where a lot of politicians would have easily let the Argentinians take the Falklands
but how she bastardised British trade and ruined communities not only in Wales but in the North East didnt exactly win her many fans

Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:42 pm

JONNY012697 wrote: she bastardised British trade and ruined communities not only in Wales but in the North East didnt exactly win her many fans

To be honest, I don't know that much of Thatcher and the time she was the British prime minister. So I'm not opinionated, only sincerely interested. But what did she do exactly then? Is it about the mine closures?

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:09 pm

Jordy wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote: she bastardised British trade and ruined communities not only in Wales but in the North East didnt exactly win her many fans

To be honest, I don't know that much of Thatcher and the time she was the British prime minister. So I'm not opinionated, only sincerely interested. But what did she do exactly then? Is it about the mine closures?

well before Thatcher made her Privatisation policy in 1983 most of Britains large industry such as mining and steel making was owned and controlled by the Public Sector, which she very quickly sold to the private sector
this was met with great resistance from Trade Unions which saw the closure of in the governments view 'unprofitable sectors of the industry' as ruining whole sectors of the country destroyed and millions left without work.
there are huge arguments for and against
on the side of the government they made the country £29 billion and a further £18 billion from the sale of council houses
on the side of the Unions and Workforce turned profitable industries and hard working and proud areas of this country instantly into areas of abject poverty and an unemployable workforce with a skill level that was no longer required.
more interestingly in modern times in 1986 Thatcher lifted controls on the London Stock Exchange and allowed banks to trade as they wish which in my opinion started the downward spiral to where we are now in recession (though no government since Thatcher reinstated the government controls)
Now im 26 born in 1984 so i understand this from what ive read in history books and from what ive heard from my fathers generation. So if ive got anything wrong please correct me.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:23 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Jordy wrote:

well before Thatcher made her Privatisation policy in 1983 most of Britains large industry such as mining and steel making was owned and controlled by the Public Sector, which she very quickly sold to the private sector
this was met with great resistance from Trade Unions which saw the closure of in the governments view 'unprofitable sectors of the industry' as ruining whole sectors of the country destroyed and millions left without work.
on the side of the government they made the country £29 billion and a further £18 billion from the sale of council houses
on the side of the Unions and Workforce turned profitable industries and hard working and proud areas of this country instantly into areas of abject poverty and an unemployable workforce with a skill level that was no longer required.
more interestingly in modern times in 1986 Thatcher lifted controls on the London Stock Exchange and allowed banks to trade as they wish which in my opinion started the downward spiral to where we are now in recession (though no government since Thatcher reinstated the government controls)
Now im 26 born in 1984 so i understand this from what ive read in history books and from what ive heard from my fathers generation. So if ive got anything wrong please correct me.

Thanks for the explanation, mate!

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:24 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Jordy wrote:

Yes, it was a very short term view by her back then. She cashed in on anything that could be sold. All the UK's assets are now gone, yes she made a lot of money back then but how much as it cost since? The people she put out of work has cost way more than what she made alone. Turning tax payers in to benfit claimers. British made used to mean something. Now it means nothing. Even Roll Royce is now German. Marks and Spencer, Burbury, and brands like that are now made by slave kids in China on probably the same production lines as the fake ones.

Energy has gone mental without any controls or competition they are free to throw the prices sky high, with all the profits going to foreign share holders rather than be fed back in to the system here in the UK.

She also destroyed our transport system. We used to have a council run bus service that was non-profit. It was reliable, on time, all day, and at the right price. She allowed others to run the bus routes, which rogue companies took advantage of. Once these rogue operators had killed off the council service they then cherry picked the times and routes and today we have a bus service which is unusable.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:18 pm

steve davies wrote:
Berwyn wrote:

Iraq was a lie. An out and out lie. Blair should be imprisoned for it.

Afghanistan was an opportunity for the USA. As if they couldnt find Bin Laden?
The CIA visited him in a hotel in Dubai in 2001 :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:27 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Jordy wrote:

May have made £18 billion from the sale of council houses, however didn't re-invest the money in building new houses subsequently we have had a housing crisis of spectacular proportions for a generation

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:32 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Jordy wrote:

May have made £18 billion from the sale of council houses, however didn't re-invest the money in building new houses subsequently we have had a housing crisis of spectacular proportions for a generation

i completely agree im not on the side of the government im just stating facts

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:49 pm

hopefully she will snuff it soon

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:50 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Jordy wrote:

bingo

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:55 pm

All I will say is Cameron/Blair and Brown were worse.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Midfield general wrote:Thatcher was the best British leader since Churchill

churchill wasnt that good a leader not many war leaders lose elections after winning popular wars
he was a strong leader during wartime but struggled during peacetime
he struggled to hold it together when the country devolved from empire with blunder after blunder in foreign policy

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:22 pm

Midfield general wrote:

Yeah and Labour sold our gold at a cheap price, refused to sell the lottery franchise to Branson who wanted to run it as a not-for-profit organisation, refused to sell Northern Rock to Virgin Money at a profit, told Lloyds to buy a toxic dutch bank which put the bank into huge financial pressure, raided billions from the private pensions of the UK citizens, and ballooned the public sector employee numbers to unsustainable levels. Oh yeah they really done well didn't they.

yeah but who let go of the reigns of the banking system and the stock exchange
and pretty much said to bankers do what you want
thats right Thatcher
Labour might not have done a brilliant job but you cant blame for a situation they had no control over due to a former conservative government

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:25 pm

Midfield general wrote:

Yeah and Labour sold our gold at a cheap price, refused to sell the lottery franchise to Branson who wanted to run it as a not-for-profit organisation, refused to sell Northern Rock to Virgin Money at a profit, told Lloyds to buy a toxic dutch bank which put the bank into huge financial pressure, raided billions from the private pensions of the UK citizens, and ballooned the public sector employee numbers to unsustainable levels. Oh yeah they really done well didn't they.

Exactly where did I say Labour have done well, please enlighten me where did I say that? Oh and by the way consecutive governments Tory Libdems(closet tories) and Labour have raided pensions. You say Public sector employees are you saying that we now employ too many nurses???