Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

computor problem....

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:11 pm

i have a yellow strip across the top of the page saying "an additional plug-in is required to display some elements on this page" with a box saying (install plug in).
when i do so it makes no difference and re-appeares. Any ideas what i have to do to get rid or solve the problem?

pretty please.

Re: computor problem....

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Have you tried closing and then restarting the browser?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:22 pm

What is it trying to install do you know? Could be acrobat or something like that

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Could be flash for the adverts. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:57 pm

Dafydd wrote:Have you tried closing and then restarting the browser?

tried that dafydd but keeps coming back

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:59 pm

aj1927 wrote:What is it trying to install do you know? Could be acrobat or something like that

seems to be java but when i install and run it, it keeps coming back :?:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:02 pm

beano1 wrote:
aj1927 wrote:What is it trying to install do you know? Could be acrobat or something like that

Try to update it manually or install another browser. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:17 pm

Uninstall Java, then re-install it. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:29 pm

Try rebooting pc first, then Open your browsers option bar - and find the tab that allows you to search/update browser addons.

Failing that go to java website and try a direct search and install update for it. This was especially a pain on the windows Vista OS? Although not sure what OS you are using?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:39 pm

Merlin wrote:Try rebooting pc first, then Open your browsers option bar - and find the tab that allows you to search/update browser addons.

Failing that go to java website and try a direct search and install update for it. This was especially a pain on the windows Vista OS? Although not sure what OS you are using?

tried all other threads...so far to no avail....windows 7 i,m using....will try what you suggest merlin

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:05 pm

beano1 wrote:

uninstall it then install again

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:38 pm

You could also trying updating your browser, can't see it making much of a difference though, sorry :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:28 am

There should also be a means of getting more info on the plugin i.e. properties/what is the plugin etc. Find out what it wants to install and post it back here.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:37 am

throw stuff at computer

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:45 am

If its Java then manually download it from the site:

http://java.com/en/

If that doesn't work, give us a shout :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:38 am

or go to the circus and look for a gymnast with a book. Hey Presto you will have found an Acrobat Reader. Hope that solves your problem. :lol:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:58 pm

tried most of above but settled on changing my browser from chrome to IE and that seems to have worked...will have a couple of days on IE and then change back to see if it righted itself.....cheers a lot for all the suggestions tho.