Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCFC FAN KILLED IN AFGHANISTAN THIS WEEK

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:53 pm

Cardiff City football club were approached by the family of LCpl Scanlon QDG, who was tragically killed in Afghanistan earlier this week, to see if the club would donate a club shirt to put in his coffin as he was a massive CCFC fan. Shockingly, the club said no as 'they don't do that sort of thing

Talking my my mate from the forces on Facebook and his cousin who is in the Army told him about this , I find it shocking if true, and was wondering if the club having had forces coming on the pitch and supporting all things Forces in the past have denied this request . I asked him if was true and he said its not a hoax as people in the forces dont f**k about saying things like this .

Re: CCFC FAN KILLED IN AFGHANISTAN THIS WEEK

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:10 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 57,00.html

Just seen this glad City have come out and said this Well done the Club :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:21 pm

Talking my my mate from the forces on Facebook and his cousin who is in the Army told him about this , I find it shocking if true, and was wondering if the club having had forces coming on the pitch and supporting all things Forces in the past have denied this request . I asked him if was true and he said its not a hoax as people in the forces dont f**k about saying things like this

People read shit on facebook and repost it without even knowing any of the facts, it was always a load of bollox, everyone know the club has always supported the forces in a big way.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:28 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Talking my my mate from the forces on Facebook and his cousin who is in the Army told him about this , I find it shocking if true, and was wondering if the club having had forces coming on the pitch and supporting all things Forces in the past have denied this request . I asked him if was true and he said its not a hoax as people in the forces dont f**k about saying things like this

People read shit on facebook and repost it without even knowing any of the facts, it was always a load of bollox, everyone know the club has always supported the forces in a big way.

Thats why i thought it was wierd as the club have always shown and practice an active interest in the Forces. Being in the Forces myself im glad the club have made that statement now to quash the rumours . Just posted that link of the club to my mate in the Army to put it right :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:48 pm

RIP fellow bluebird and well done to the club for supporting the forces again :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:52 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Thats why i thought it was wierd as the club have always shown and practice an active interest in the Forces. Being in the Forces myself im glad the club have made that statement now to quash the rumours . Just posted that link of the club to my mate in the Army to put it right :ayatollah:

Yeah, but sadly that statement won't shut the f*cking idiots spreading bs up tho. No doubt it'll be "we shamed them into it".