Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Does Dave Jones know something that we don't

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Dave Jones has been prominent in various areas of the media in the past few days, and one recurring theme of his comments is that of us losing Peter Whittingham. Many feel that his comments indicate that he seems to firmly believe that we will struggle to keep him at our club.

Is it the case that he is right, and that our board would sell such an important player? Does his past experience at our club give him an extra insight into how our club operates and sees itself?

Or is it all just nonsense, and people reading into things so much, as one does?

Re: Does Dave Jones know something that we don't

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:40 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Dave Jones has been prominent in various areas of the media in the past few days, and one recurring theme of his comments is that of us losing Peter Whittingham. Many feel that his comments indicate that he seems to firmly believe that we will struggle to keep him at our club.

Is it the case that he is right, and that our board would sell such an important player? Does his past experience at our club give him an extra insight into how our club operates and sees itself?

Or is it all just nonsense, and people reading into things so much, as one does?

Adam, All I can say is, Malky wants to keep Whitts, Whitts wants to stay. I hope our current board keep him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

By the way Jones needs to also tell everyone the truth that his agent and himself have applied for at least 3 jobs in the last 5 weeks to no avail.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Dave Jones has been prominent in various areas of the media in the past few days, and one recurring theme of his comments is that of us losing Peter Whittingham. Many feel that his comments indicate that he seems to firmly believe that we will struggle to keep him at our club.

Adam, All I can say is, Malky wants to keep Whitts, Whitts wants to stay. I hope our current board keep him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

By the way Jones needs to also tell everyone the truth that his agent and himself have applied for at least 3 jobs in the last 5 weeks to no avail.

He can't keep his story straight himself, he said he had only applied for the Leicester job on radio wales last night. Prior to that, on talksport I believe, he said he had applied for more than that solitary position.

I would love to know what he is getting at with regards Whittingham. Jealousy? Bitterness?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:44 pm

Of course he knows more than us. He used to be a professional footballer, you know.

We're just a bunch of buffoons.

:lol:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, I work in Leicester and a few of their lads were telling me that DJ's application to manage them was laughed out of the door...... :lol: ..hope someone employs him so we can get him off our books though :twisted: :twisted:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:49 pm

What do we know in this part of the World? :D

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Witts aint going anywere! Witts wouldn't wana leave us anyway... WE LOVE HIM TO MUCH :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Very disappointed we're still slating dave jones 1 way or another :oops:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:01 pm

boxerbob wrote:Very disappointed we're still slating dave jones 1 way or another :oops:

Rob,

I can never forgive him, sorry mate.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:01 pm

boxerbob wrote:Very disappointed we're still slating dave jones 1 way or another :oops:

How? I'm just asking a question

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Rob,

I understand your feelings about him,he's gone now so i dont understand why constant digs,not just you but a lot of fans,some people dont like sam n you stick up for him(your choice)iv never called either over n you never will hear me slate either.malky is the future n id like to keep it thay way,just my opinion mate :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:08 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:

Yes you asked a question n then fans jump on the i hate dave jones wagon

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:18 pm

boxerbob wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Rob,

I understand your feelings about him,he's gone now so i dont understand why constant digs,not just you but a lot of fans,some people dont like sam n you stick up for him(your choice)iv never called either over n you never will hear me slate either.malky is the future n id like to keep it thay way,just my opinion mate :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:21 pm

boxerbob wrote:

f*cking right we do, I can't stand the miserable scouse tw*t :evil:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
boxerbob wrote:

f*cking right we do, I can't stand the miserable scouse tw*t :evil:

i got ex girlfriends i feel like that about,i just dont keep on about them all the time

Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:28 am

Looks like DJ words are starting to spread...Maybe DJ wants to be Witts agent ...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... arget.html

Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:

AHHHHH maybe that explains why he was working for radio wales on tuesdays game,no work

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:

And you've got a serious chip on your shoulder . Please remind us all who brought Whitts in the 1st place to Cardiff ?

I work in Leicester and a few of their lads were telling me that DJ's application to manage them was laughed out of the door......

:lol:

I would love to know what he is getting at with regards Whittingham. Jealousy? Bitterness?

Truth ? Anyone that is playing well in the Championship becomes a target for Premiership clubs , not matter the Club in the Championship and to make out otherwise is laughable

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:48 am

TBH I would think it highly unlikely that Jones knows something that we don't know, well not without hindsight any way.

On Tuesday he repeatidly said during the game that there was no way Coventry would score, but in his after match analysis he said he always thought that Coventry might land a sucker punch :lol:

The man is a legend in his own mind, what a tosser.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:45 pm

He is having his best season at the club, it doesnt take a genius to realise clubs will be sniffing around. When he scored 25 goals scouts would have said he has an eye for goal but hes a passenger, you cant have passengers in the premiership. He has certainly not been a passenger this season.