Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ricoh arena

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:08 pm

It was my first time at the ricoh arena last night and thought it was the strangest atmosphere at an away game i've been to.The ground itself is lovely the outside looks probably better than ours and the concorse areas inside we're heated and plenty of room ,really nice set up. The atmoshere once the game had started was really odd even our fans were pretty subdued which i've never really experienced going away,even when we were getting hammerd at watford and bristol last year the atmosphere was better.Even when we scored thre wasn't a mad celebration like usual.I dunno if it was the half empty stadium or that it was a poor game but very strange :? Is it always like that at coventry?

Re: Ricoh arena

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Ther stadium is probably better looking then yours from the outside???f**k me ninian pitt looks looked better then that stadium a child with lego blocks must have designd...

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:41 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Ther stadium is probably better looking then yours from the outside???f**k me ninian pitt looks looked better then that stadium a child with lego blocks must have designd...

As opposed to your damp concrete brick of a council stadium, with its subsidence?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:44 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:Ther stadium is probably better looking then yours from the outside???f**k me ninian pitt looks looked better then that stadium a child with lego blocks must have designd...

As opposed to your damp concrete brick of a council stadium, with its subsidence?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They would ask for improvements, or even an extension, but they don't pay rent, so they're keeping quiet.

"Ambition is critical"

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:47 pm

gknighty89 wrote:It was my first time at the ricoh arena last night and thought it was the strangest atmosphere at an away game i've been to.The ground itself is lovely the outside looks probably better than ours and the concorse areas inside we're heated and plenty of room ,really nice set up. The atmoshere once the game had started was really odd even our fans were pretty subdued which i've never really experienced going away,even when we were getting hammerd at watford and bristol last year the atmosphere was better.Even when we scored thre wasn't a mad celebration like usual.I dunno if it was the half empty stadium or that it was a poor game but very strange :? Is it always like that at coventry?

I have been to coventry 3 times, and every time i say im never im never going back there, then everytime i do :lol:
atmosphere is always shit and ground is always empty.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Council stadium, up and running 5 years before yours,,plus we pay our way,,the agreed fee set by stadco,the company set up to run the stadium for us,egg chasers and council,,and yes it does need some colour as it very grey,but still looks ten times better then the kindder garden outside if yours,,,and let's face it only them who go in will see the inside,every one driving by will see out,,

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:06 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Council stadium, up and running 5 years before yours,,plus we pay our way,,the agreed fee set by stadco,the company set up to run the stadium for us,egg chasers and council,,and yes it does need some colour as it very grey,but still looks ten times better then the kindder garden outside if yours,,,and let's face it only them who go in will see the inside,every one driving by will see out,,

Pay your way?

You have not paid your rent since being there.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:07 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Council stadium, up and running 5 years before yours,,plus we pay our way,,the agreed fee set by stadco,the company set up to run the stadium for us,egg chasers and council,,and yes it does need some colour as it very grey,but still looks ten times better then the kindder garden outside if yours,,,and let's face it only them who go in will see the inside,every one driving by will see out,,

How about increasing capacity, especially if you stay up? Any chance of that happening?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

They would ask for improvements, or even an extension, but they don't pay rent, so they're keeping quiet.

"Ambition is critical"

Is it supposed to be funny :lol:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:52 pm

CantonJack wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

"Ambition is critical"

Have you seen the pavement outside Swansea High Street train station?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:27 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

"Ambition is critical"

Yes I have (I lived in Neath for 10 years so I saw it often) but if you've seen the film Twin Town you will know what i'm on about. If you havn't i'd recommend it, being set in Scumsea and really taking the piss. Great Laugh! :)

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:31 pm

CantonJack wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

"Ambition is critical"

Yes I have (I lived in Neath for 10 years so I saw it often) but if you've seen the film Twin Town you will know what i'm on about. If you havn't i'd recommend it, being set in Scumsea and really taking the piss. Great Laugh! :)

I have seen it, I just found it too realistic to be funny.

:lol:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Swans pay ther way,just to let you know,,they just want more now we are in the prem and still paying the same as the egg chasers,,so I recomend you study the facts before making a complete knob of your selfs,,ps if swans do stay up then the two stands behind the goals are going to be extended to fit an extra 7,500,taken it to a 28k stsdium,,,and yes the words on the floor outside the train station are funny,,its as if the council as a sensr of humor, ,it says ambition is critical, ,,and u look north u high st,and all you see is junkies,bums and muggers,look soulth down high st and its gay bars,the job center,with all sorts of weird and freaky folk hanging around,,,so I'm sure its ther to take the piss..

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:17 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Swans pay ther way,just to let you know,,they just want more now we are in the prem and still paying the same as the egg chasers,,so I recomend you study the facts before making a complete knob of your selfs,,ps if swans do stay up then the two stands behind the goals are going to be extended to fit an extra 7,500,taken it to a 28k stsdium,,,and yes the words on the floor outside the train station are funny,,its as if the council as a sensr of humor, ,it says ambition is critical, ,,and u look north u high st,and all you see is junkies,bums and muggers,look soulth down high st and its gay bars,the job center,with all sorts of weird and freaky folk hanging around,,,so I'm sure its ther to take the piss..

You cannot physically extend the stadium due to the template and framwork of the stadium

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:20 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Swans pay ther way,just to let you know,,they just want more now we are in the prem and still paying the same as the egg chasers,,so I recomend you study the facts before making a complete knob of your selfs,,ps if swans do stay up then the two stands behind the goals are going to be extended to fit an extra 7,500,taken it to a 28k stsdium,,,and yes the words on the floor outside the train station are funny,,its as if the council as a sensr of humor, ,it says ambition is critical, ,,and u look north u high st,and all you see is junkies,bums and muggers,look soulth down high st and its gay bars,the job center,with all sorts of weird and freaky folk hanging around,,,so I'm sure its ther to take the piss..

If there's such a thing as the Swansea Tourist Board, you should work for it. You've just sold the place to me!

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:25 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

"Ambition is critical"

I have seen it, I just found it too realistic to be funny.

You can't see it mate, too many smack eds lyin over it

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Stadium can be done,and as was staited a few weeks back,if we stay up this is what's goung to happen,,so then we will have the bigest club ground in wales to along with the best club in wales,to go along with the biggest club in wales,,all good,,for us anyway ;) Ps how's the Malaysian take over going,,heard the t
royal family ther have just announced a new bank holiday ther,,cardiff day to keep the millions of cardiff fans ther happy,,plus a blue bird is to be put in the center of ther flag,,,lol :lol:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:10 pm

The cardiff city stadium can be extended to hold 35K thats without major construction.With major work it can hold up to 70. If ours is a lego stadium and bigger what is yours ?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:13 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Stadium can be done,and as was staited a few weeks back,if we stay up this is what's goung to happen,,so then we will have the bigest club ground in wales to along with the best club in wales,to go along with the biggest club in wales,,all good,,for us anyway ;) Ps how's the Malaysian take over going,,heard the t
royal family ther have just announced a new bank holiday ther,,cardiff day to keep the millions of cardiff fans ther happy,,plus a blue bird is to be put in the center of ther flag,,,lol :lol:

Tried to use google translate on this but,nothing came up! So used spell check and still nothing, all I can think is that someone's toddler got hold of the laptop & started tapping away ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:02 pm

70 k,,ffs,,still think u are a big club I see..lol,,can build a 100k stadium in swansea,,means f**k all,,took more then u to wembey playoffs,only thing bigger then us that youa are is stadium size,we even the best supported club in wales if itv wales is anything to go by,,

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:11 pm

swansealad69 wrote:70 k,,ffs,,still think u are a big club I see..lol,,can build a 100k stadium in swansea,,means f**k all,,took more then u to wembey playoffs,only thing bigger then us that youa are is stadium size,we even the best supported club in wales if itv wales is anything to go by,,

You took more Osprey & Scarlett fans to Wembley last May than Swans fans, FACT!!! ;)