Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Why don't the club invest in a PR machine..?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:27 am

for years... we have been asking the same question.

hope you havent been holding your breath.

i only think its down to finances

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:36 am

Midfield general wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:for years... we have been asking the same question.

Well they should realise that a good PR machine can increase profit so if it is down to finance then its a very short term view.

i completly agree... but they dont lol

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:05 am

So why are you automatically believing that "shrit" post? When it is soooooo obviously just a trol post by some shit stirrer with nothing better to do.
Fact is whenever the club puts anything positive out people jump all over it and either nit pick or just disbelieve it. Yet some annonymous poster who jumps in, does one post then pisses off, is beleived and his crap is taken as true!

Fact of the matter is, the club has a procedure in place for giving out shirts etc. People have always been told to put their request in writing - either on paper or by email with name address etc plus details of request. Then a decision is made on that.

That poster said he asked and was told "we don't do that". Bullshit! Who did he ask? A steward perhaps? Where is the record of his request and a copy of the official responce from the club? Nowhere! So I suggest that people should be a bit more supportive of the club and less ready to beleive the daily fish wife tales that regularly appear.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:28 am

Berwyn wrote:So why are you automatically believing that "shrit" post? When it is soooooo obviously just a trol post by some shit stirrer with nothing better to do.
Fact is whenever the club puts anything positive out people jump all over it and either nit pick or just disbelieve it. Yet some annonymous poster who jumps in, does one post then pisses off, is beleived and his crap is taken as true!

Fact of the matter is, the club has a procedure in place for giving out shirts etc. People have always been told to put their request in writing - either on paper or by email with name address etc plus details of request. Then a decision is made on that.

That poster said he asked and was told "we don't do that". Bullshit! Who did he ask? A steward perhaps? Where is the record of his request and a copy of the official responce from the club? Nowhere! So I suggest that people should be a bit more supportive of the club and less ready to beleive the daily fish wife tales that regularly appear.

Completely agree with every point you make :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:56 am

Midfield general wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:for years... we have been asking the same question.

Well they should realise that a good PR machine can increase profit so if it is down to finance then its a very short term view.

Totally disagree, the club have made massive strides on PR over recent times, Julian Jenkins is now on the job and an ideal man to sort things out. People love to have a dig at the club at every chance, I have had several myself over the years when I feel it is justified, but I will also commend them when they do things well.

people should step back a pace and look at how far we have come in a short space of time. We are unrecognisable to the club we once were, family club of the League, 200,000 fans registered on our ticket sales data base, regular fans meetings with club staff, open days, family days, bands under the Canton, concerts at the stadium.
Players meetings and greeting the kids at every home game in the family stand, entertainers booked for the kids, the list goes on, its called progress and we are making progress regardless of some negativity coming from the usual suspects.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:07 pm

I'm out of a job next month and I can answer a telephone and use my brain, so I'll gladly volunteer to help my favourite football club, if they'll offer me a decent salary.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:16 pm

They cant even pay for their football programmes ffs

We wouldnt touch them with a barge pole unless it was cash upfront.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:23 pm

polo wrote:They cant even pay for their football programmes ffs

Who's having free progs? Confused! :?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:49 pm

Berwyn wrote:
polo wrote:They cant even pay for their football programmes ffs

Who's having free progs? Confused! :?

City. We wouldnt give them credit because of their previous history with printers. Done a one-off marketing catalogue for them a couple of years back and they are a shambles to deal with.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Midfield general wrote:For years now there's been an issue with positive PR coming from the club and like it or not positive PR beings in more income and supporters so why doesn't the club seriously look into this..?

It has so many things going for it (e.g location, capital city and so on) yet lets be honest the club its lucky that they have the Echo onside otherwise there would be a total lack of communication of any kind to come from CCS.

The latest issue has come with the shirt and the services and the potential for it all it all to blow up is very worrying, my personal opinion is whoever told then 'no' then they should be given their P45 straight away. But this is the latest possible positive which will now become a negative and probably a loss of income and support from the armed services at least.

Previously the club has won an award for the best family club but if you aren't a die hard supporter then you wouldn't know about things like this and once again they missed out on a fantastic advertising tool.

Lets be honest, advertising and PR has always let the club down but if the club wants to take itself seriously and progress then they really need to invest in a proper PR machine otherwise it will always be our achilles heel.

for Gods sake.

A rumour was spread about the poor dead soldier.

The following day, Cardiff City put the record straight, that will have been
the PR man :lol: :lol: :lol:

How can the Club stop people like YOU believing the worst every time. NO
Club has immediate PR ready to jump in front of a mike at a minutes notice.
Sometimes i imagine the Club just hope that our fans know better than to
believe bollocks hurtful rumours before they get a chance to put the record
straight

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:43 pm

They already have one

It's called 'the trust' ;) :P

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:58 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:They already have one

Is that a humorous comment or are you sniping?

Only asking as you seem to confuse the two :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:59 pm

Claude Blue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:They already have one

Is that a humorous comment or are you sniping?

Only asking as you seem to confuse the two :lol: :lol:

BangBangBangBangBang Lololololololololol