Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Face book viral about CCFC

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:50 am

Anyone else had this on their FB pages -
"Today Cardiff City football club were approached by the family of LCpl Scanlon QDG, who was tragically killed in Afghanistan earlier this week, to see if the club would donate a club shirt to put in his coffin as he was a massive CCFC fan. Shockingly, the club said no as 'they don't do that sort of thing'. Please re-post this far and wide to ensure that the club is shamed by it's behaviour"
Doesnt reflect well IF TRUE !

Re: Face book viral about CCFC

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:09 am

CornwallBluebird wrote:Anyone else had this on their FB pages -
"Today Cardiff City football club were approached by the family of LCpl Scanlon QDG, who was tragically killed in Afghanistan earlier this week, to see if the club would donate a club shirt to put in his coffin as he was a massive CCFC fan. Shockingly, the club said no as 'they don't do that sort of thing'. Please re-post this far and wide to ensure that the club is shamed by it's behaviour"
Doesnt reflect well IF TRUE !

Can this be traced back to the original poster so that he can back up his claim?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:18 am

Right if he was a City fan he would have owned a city shirt wouldn't he or they just buy won the club can't just go sending out shirts on someones say so anyway. And if he didn't own a shirt he obviously didn't like wearing them so it wouldn't be fair to put one on him now would it. So I think it's bullshit sorry.
Now I really need to leave this dank hotel in this dank city they call Coventry. :lol:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:26 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Right if he was a City fan he would have owned a city shirt wouldn't he or they just buy won the club can't just go sending out shirts on someones say so anyway. And if he didn't own a shirt he obviously didn't like wearing them so it wouldn't be fair to put one on him now would it. So I think it's bullshit sorry.
Now I really need to leave this dank hotel in this dank city they call Coventry. :lol:

Exactly! That's why I think it's bullshit. When a loved one dies and you want a shirt or something, you just get one or use one of the many that you always have.

I do think it's very sick of the person who started this. He's obviously got an issue with Cardiff and he's resorting to use the death of a soldier as a makeshift stick to bash the club with. Very sad.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:21 am

vince alm wrote on facebook>

You may have read that CCFC refused to donate a shirt to a welsh dragoon guard who got killed in action in afghan! I can confirm that this is not true CCFC are donating a shirt to go in the coffin and have also invited the regiment to a home game on there return home

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:36 pm

Had a feeling wasnt true. Just wanted to make folks aware !

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:59 pm

jinks-rct wrote:vince alm wrote on facebook>

You may have read that CCFC refused to donate a shirt to a welsh dragoon guard who got killed in action in afghan! I can confirm that this is not true CCFC are donating a shirt to go in the coffin and have also invited the regiment to a home game on there return home

I think everyone should put this as there status now