Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just back from game Coventry

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:36 pm

2 points dropped I'm afraid.

We should have nicked it. We created some clear chances and should have scored one of them. When they got their goal they did not look like getting another where we could have had at least a couple.

Shame really but there you go.

Re: Just back from game Coventry

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:38 pm

I guess that's what happens when we only have one striker we can rely on who's playing far to many games for his age : (

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:40 pm

Aramore wrote:I guess that's what happens when we only have one striker we can rely on who's playing far to many games for his age : (

He missed 2 real good chances.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:42 pm

lets blame kenny :roll:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:00 am

jinks-rct wrote:lets blame kenny :roll:

Not really. They were good chances.

If anyone is to blame then I'm afriad it was McNaughton who was given plenty of space down his side but failed to deliver a good cross.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:13 am

jinks-rct wrote:lets blame kenny :roll:

I don't blame Kenny, I'm an absolutely massive fan of his and I'm thrilled the club have him on board, I just know he's getting on in his years and playing too often will really lower his form and that we really need a second reliable striker. (I almost feel Earnie should have been given a run out).

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:31 am

Just got in, agree 2 points dropped which is a shame but there you go.

Not being negative but giving some constructive critsims I would say that Mcnaughton needs to do some serious work on his final ball and delivery, at the moment he cant cross for love nor money and is killing our attacks by constantly cutting back inside as he seems unable to get to the by line and put decent a ball in.

IMO we need Gestede back asap to give us another diminsion up top.

I also thought Malky got it wrong tonight for the first time in my eyes. IMO the game was crying out for Joe Mason who would have run Coventry ragged and given Kenny some more space.

Im not sure why he didnt bring Joe or Earnie on and instead brought on Mcphail for Kiss and Darcey for Mcnaughton at the end, was he happy with a point?

Very strange atmospher, the ground was a 1/3 empty with 12000 in a 32000 seater stadium, atmosphere was poor from Coventry and Cardiff fans both IMO, but it was just one of those nights

:ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:48 am

We rode our luck a few times in a poor first half mind. Thought it was probably a fair result, although now I've got in I'm hearing the ball didn't cross the line. Annoyed now!