Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Enjoyed DJ on commentary

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:57 pm

Good to hear someone with experiecs in actual management rather than past players who failed at management.
Also he knew the players and what they can do. Well done radio Wales :ayatollah:

Re: Enjoyed DJ on commentary

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Agree. Really quite sad that so many still love having a dig at him.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Good to hear someone with experiecs in actual management rather than past players who failed at management.
Also he knew the players and what they can do. Well done radio Wales :ayatollah:

God insight into his thinking - and some of his players :lol:

Asked about Gerrard - Good positioing and effort, but a bit slow. DJ said he had 3 out of the 5 things a centre half needs.

McNaughton -only thing that spoils his game is his distribution..

Was honest and open.

Fecked up a bit when at 1-0 said the only team going to score now is Cardiff :(

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:04 pm

David Marshall lacks distance and accuarcy in kicking but in the air your guarntee he will catch most crosses?
:lol: Complete opposite..

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:12 pm

basically it was jones slagging off all our players. :lol: and he was very neutral towards us no soft spot there. he did compliment whitts.

we do have a bogus defence, that cost's us the occasional point, or 3 points in a tight game

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:14 pm

He just bored the hell out of me. No wonder players failed to motivate them selves at the time it mattered under him.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:54 pm

Midfield general wrote:
AfanBluebird wrote:He just bored the hell out of me. No wonder players failed to motivate them selves at the time it mattered under him.

Fully agree, what a complete bore the man is. How on earth is he getting so much media work is beyond me

I concur.

Also, in the first half he was bemoaning Coventry for playing it 'direct', and not on the ground.

In the second half, he was moaning about them passing it around, saying they should be playing high balls into the box.

Mr Contradiction

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:06 am

Midfield general wrote:I wonder how much he got paid to do that tonight..?

Hopefully more than the shit they usually have :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:17 am

Life is so much better when Dave Jones is not our manager! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He's a good manager but his attitude stinks. Malky is the man!

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 am

DJ annoyed me at first because he was picking up on things that Malky's been doing since the start of the season and it showed how little research he'd done on the team.

But as the match went on he shows he does know what he's on about when it comes to football and I enjoyed how he knew the player's strengths and weaknesses so well. Was good to hear a professional view on them rather than just bitter former players and forumites :D

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:30 am

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I hope not as its licence payer money he was getting. Surely Radio Wales should have released that getting him on would be poking an already lit fire after the constantly complaining of their sports coverage..?

You pay for the best, I'm sure Chris moyles is on more than the night time staff at radio one.

Are you sure about that? His problem was always with the echo.
I always thought he had an excellent relationship with BBC Wales :geek:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:37 am

People complaint because bitter former Players do it and talk like managers in which they have either never tried of failed at.

He is a regular on sky sports so it's quite a coup for the BBC

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:41 am

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I hope not as its licence payer money he was getting. Surely Radio Wales should have released that getting him on would be poking an already lit fire after the constantly complaining of their sports coverage..?

You pay for the best, I'm sure Chris moyles is on more than the night time staff at radio one.

Are you sure about that? His problem was always with the echo.
I always thought he had an excellent relationship with BBC Wales :geek:

I dont mean him, I mean the listeners are always complaining about the sports coverage and they put this bore on tonight to make the listening even worse!!!

I agree you pay for what you get but as we know with Jones' previous financial agreements he normally overcharges for his services more often then not. And he can't be much cop if he's still without a job !!!

I think that's a little harsh. There have been what, 6 championship jobs open since he left us?

Of those he ruled himself out of the Bristol city job, Hull haven't appointed a new manager and Doncaster went straight for Dean Saunders.

He says he was down to last two with Leicester which we might as well take at face value as I don't believe he would lie straight to the BeeB.

Pompey took their time but seem happy with whoever the guy is they chose and Forest seemed intent on getting Cotteril as soon as Mclaren left.

Factor in all those rumours about foreign clubs being after him he's clearly popular in the circles.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:43 am

How would DJ know the attributes of players who were here last term.. he wasn't often at the training ground to run the rule over them :roll: :roll:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:49 am

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:People complaint because bitter former Players do it and talk like managers in which they have either never tried of failed at.

Its a Tuesday night what else has he got to do..? So if the BBC offered him a load of cash for 90 mins of talking of course he was going to do it.

To be honest I just want someone who is upbeat and sounds interested, now whether that is a former player or manager I dont really care.

Of course he would, I have no problem with people making as much money as they can, I would do the same.

I did find him interesting so guess its about opinions.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:58 am

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:People complaint because bitter former Players do it and talk like managers in which they have either never tried of failed at.

Its a Tuesday night what else has he got to do..? So if the BBC offered him a load of cash for 90 mins of talking of course he was going to do it.

To be honest I just want someone who is upbeat and sounds interested, now whether that is a former player or manager I dont really care.

Of course he would, I have no problem with people making as much money as they can, I would do the same.

I find most of what the bbc do boring :lol:

I fully agree with you about people making as much money as possible but IMO he was so boring that the licence payers deserve a refund!!! :lol:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:58 am

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

I find most of what the bbc do boring :lol:

I fully agree with you about people making as much money as possible but IMO he was so boring that the licence payers deserve a refund!!! :lol:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:34 am

I have no problem with DJ doing media work and if it involves covering Cardiff why not. But I found him boring but not as boring as the guy who was commentating on BBC Radio Wales.

Thankfully I had the choice to use the off button and I did as was in the car for the first 15 minutes of the game, got home changed to Cardiff City player with Richard Sheppard.

Ahhh Richard Sheppard now thats a guy who can commentate and Barrie MaCauliffe is brilliant alongside him. Just my opinion but DJ will be happier when he is back involved in the game as he doesn't have the skills for radio analysis.

By the way NO WAY did the ball cross the line for Coventry goal last night. Unbelievable. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Though the guy alongside DJ was a bit boring, no excitement and didn't really give an impression of what was happening.