Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PLEASE READ- SQUADDIES

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:34 pm

hiya mate...carl i just want to bring to your attention something that ive just been told and its that recently as some of us will know 2 squaddies from the QDG (queens dragoon guards) were killed last week in afghan...now my brother served with these for 25 years and ive known many of them and they all have my utmost respect ...well ive just spoke to one and he said that HQ in maindy approached the club for a donation of a shirt as the one local lad was a fan ...and the club point blank said no...!!!!....im disgusted by this ,this lad has given his life and hes a city fan it was asked as a gesture and for them to say no is a disgrace to him and us as a club...the lads are all fuming with this and have been contacting bbc and itv with emails and even the papers and are not happy ,what kind of attitude and ignorance does this give to our boys who all do a great job,it seems the club are happy for them to march round the pitch when it suits them but cant donate a shirt....these boys should be allowed in free when there home i think !!!!....hopefully you can mention this to people you know ..e.g alan whiley ...and maybe this appalling attitude can be changed ....hope you can bring it up mate.thanks.

Re: FAO CARL CURTIS- PLEASE READ- SQUADDIES

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:56 pm

not many responses to it ...shame.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:58 pm

d20 wrote:hiya mate...carl i just want to bring to your attention something that ive just been told and its that recently as some of us will know 2 squaddies from the QDG (queens dragoon guards) were killed last week in afghan...now my brother served with these for 25 years and ive known many of them and they all have my utmost respect ...well ive just spoke to one and he said that HQ in maindy approached the club for a donation of a shirt as the one local lad was a fan ...and the club point blank said no...!!!!....im disgusted by this ,this lad has given his life and hes a city fan it was asked as a gesture and for them to say no is a disgrace to him and us as a club...the lads are all fuming with this and have been contacting bbc and itv with emails and even the papers and are not happy ,what kind of attitude and ignorance does this give to our boys who all do a great job,it seems the club are happy for them to march round the pitch when it suits them but cant donate a shirt....these boys should be allowed in free when there home i think !!!!....hopefully you can mention this to people you know ..e.g alan whiley ...and maybe this appalling attitude can be changed ....hope you can bring it up mate.thanks.

I'm hoping the wires have got crossed here, that maybe one person down the
Club has mis-represented Cardiff City's attitude to our lads, or maybe the
person who rang the Club in the first place.

My mate is a Welsh Guard and the Club had those lads in the premier lounge
etc, treated them like Kings and made them feel special

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:04 pm

taffyapple wrote:
d20 wrote:hiya mate...carl i just want to bring to your attention something that ive just been told and its that recently as some of us will know 2 squaddies from the QDG (queens dragoon guards) were killed last week in afghan...now my brother served with these for 25 years and ive known many of them and they all have my utmost respect ...well ive just spoke to one and he said that HQ in maindy approached the club for a donation of a shirt as the one local lad was a fan ...and the club point blank said no...!!!!....im disgusted by this ,this lad has given his life and hes a city fan it was asked as a gesture and for them to say no is a disgrace to him and us as a club...the lads are all fuming with this and have been contacting bbc and itv with emails and even the papers and are not happy ,what kind of attitude and ignorance does this give to our boys who all do a great job,it seems the club are happy for them to march round the pitch when it suits them but cant donate a shirt....these boys should be allowed in free when there home i think !!!!....hopefully you can mention this to people you know ..e.g alan whiley ...and maybe this appalling attitude can be changed ....hope you can bring it up mate.thanks.

I'm hoping the wires have got crossed here, that maybe one person down the
Club has mis-represented Cardiff City's attitude to our lads, or maybe the
person who rang the Club in the first place.

My mate is a Welsh Guard and the Club had those lads in the premier lounge
etc, treated them like Kings and made them feel special

im with u on this one taffy.... i hoping that is was the same... the club are very strict on dishing out merchandise as the have to be careful for what reasons they are being donated... on saying that though we always request them for our sport department and childrens charity and they do not fail to deliver, shirts and signed balls...

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:08 pm

boys this has happened ive spoken to one of the boys this evening ,hes in the regiment and currently in germany ...the lads are fuming ,whatever happened ,who knows maybe some one took the call who shouldnt have and said no but they,ve been in touch with papers,bbc and itv sending emails...they aint a happy bunch.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:13 pm

OK, OK, we get it. There's probably been a bad mix-up somewhere. It'd be very unlike the club! :?

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:18 pm

surely they need to go back to the club and speak to the right person.. getting in touch with bbc, itv etc... could be embarrassing for both parties involved..

im sure somebody will have a bit of common sense and realize what the cause its for. particularly because how much we have supported the armed forces before...

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:32 pm

Carl and Annis im 100 % sure went to the game tonight,and unless they use their phones will not answer this thread untill later on.

In the meantime what i will say to this thread posted is i am shocked and upset if this is true...

In April this year my best friend and best man to my wedding and i was his best man Andy Mac died ( RIP )
Andrew was a big Leeds fan and his brothers contacted LUFC to ask for shirts or ties to wear to the funeral.
We were sent ties to wear at the funeral and Andrews work mates wore shirts.

This was one of the saddest days of my life,but i will have the up most respect for what LUFC did for us that day.
Andrews oldest girl is my god child and they even sent the girls scarfs to wear.

I Hope that the people at CCFC will sort this out for the good of those we have just lost RIP.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:45 pm

D 20 tell them I will buy one!!! Just let me know where to sign... Can't believe anyone especially our club would do this!

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:50 pm

d20 wrote:boys this has happened ive spoken to one of the boys this evening ,hes in the regiment and currently in germany ...the lads are fuming ,whatever happened ,who knows maybe some one took the call who shouldnt have and said no but they,ve been in touch with papers,bbc and itv sending emails...they aint a happy bunch.

they have obviously gone through to someone in the ticket office or the club shop,

they need to speak direct with someone higher,

obviously the club get alot of marketing calls to and forth and that type of thing, sounds to me a case of short patience wrong person on end of phone

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:55 pm

http://www.blueandamber.proboards.com/i ... read=76406

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:59 pm

First of all. RIP to the lad who was killed. From all CCFC fans

I suspect not one Cardiff City fan would believe this story right off the
bat, not knowing how respectful CCFC were to Mikey, to returning Welsh
Guards, to Cancer victims. WE know that our Club are bloody damn good
at giving respect where its due.

The QDG are not a Welsh Regiment are they? So perhaps not that many of
them are clued up on Cardiff City FC (if im wrong, then i apologise!)
There are messages appearing from members of his regiment calling the
Welsh cunts, bad mouthing our lost son from September and generally going well overboard.

Its anger.

They dont know any better. They think they are sticking up for their mate but
i'm certain when the truth is out that CCFC will be seen to be behaving with the
utmost respect, irrspective of perhaps a misunderstood phone call or some tit
in the ticket office or Club shop .

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:17 pm

if its true theres no excuses to what department they got through to.. if i was working as a bog cleaner at the stadium and took the call i wouldnt have said no i would have transfered their call to the appropriate person.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:38 pm

I saw Carl and Annis at the game tonight. I would say they are on their way home now.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:20 am

Speaking as a former infantryman myself I really hope this isn't true, as previously mentioned perhaps the person dealing with the request made a error or judgement, CCFC have always allowed collections for the poppy appeal and help for heroes so let's not allow the club rep to be tarnished on a whim

Re: PLEASE READ- SQUADDIES

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:15 am

According to Vince its absolute bollocks

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:47 am

Midfield general wrote:I am absolutely shocked and digusted of this attitude by the club and whoever made the decision should be having their P45 in the post straight away no matter how high up he/she is within the club.

If its any help then I am only too happy to donate a shirt myself so if anyone can forward me the details I would be very grateful.

SHAME ON YOU CCFC!!!!! :evil:

AS per usual. No evidence is required before MIdfield General
Jumps in and slags off Cardiff City

Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:58 am

Given the fact that all this is now confirmed as absolute bollocks by Vince, Gwyn and the Club I reckon all the threads should be pulled and deleted pronto.

Also theres a lesson to be learned for some posters not to slag of the Club untill they know all the facts.

Just saying like.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:03 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Given the fact that all this is now confirmed as absolute bollocks by Vince, Gwyn and the Club I reckon all the threads should be pulled and deleted pronto.

Also theres a lesson to be learned for some posters not to slag of the Club untill they know all the facts.

Just saying like.

This

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:11 am

Gavlar wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Given the fact that all this is now confirmed as absolute bollocks by Vince, Gwyn and the Club I reckon all the threads should be pulled and deleted pronto.

Just saying like.

This

THIS.

mods?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:30 am

D20. A very good mate of mine has also served over 25 years in this regiment and he confirms that the boys are fuming over this. Absolute disgusting in my opinion.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:47 am

SwanseaTown wrote:

D20. A very good mate of mine has also served over 25 years in this regiment and he confirms that the boys are fuming over this. Absolute disgusting in my opinion.

Keep up at the back.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:53 pm

As I wrote on another thread about this.....

There you go.. totally untrue and a load of bollox... the club are donating a shirt and are going to ask his regiment to the CCS next time their home from duty. Who ever started this rumour should be feckin ashamed of themselves...!!

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:07 pm

RIP to the lad and his family

I believe the facts should be realised first

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Why delete the thread

More like the idiots who immediately slagged the Club off should explain why they did???

Deliberately trying to undermine the Club most of us love??

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:45 pm

Blown way out of proportion.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:17 pm

taffyapple wrote:

30 years ago when I served along side the QDG's they were known as a Welsh Regiment, drawing mostly from South Wales but they also had recruits from the Marshes Hereford/Shrewsbury area.

They were a brilliant bunch of lads absolutely bonkers and several had points on their licences for speeding, caught whilst driving tanks!!! :shock:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:24 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

30 years ago when I served along side the QDG's they were known as a Welsh Regiment, drawing mostly from South Wales but they also had recruits from the Marshes Hereford/Shrewsbury area.

They were a brilliant bunch of lads absolutely bonkers and several had points on their licences for speeding, caught whilst driving tanks!!! :shock:

You live and learn :D :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:02 pm

Midfield general wrote:I am absolutely shocked and digusted of this attitude by the club and whoever made the decision should be having their P45 in the post straight away no matter how high up he/she is within the club.

If its any help then I am only too happy to donate a shirt myself so if anyone can forward me the details I would be very grateful.

Utter crap.

Say, for example, a call was made to the club shop, lowly worker there takes the call from someone with zero idea as to the policy or indeed if the person on the other end of the phone is on a windup.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:19 pm

nerd wrote:

Utter crap.

Say, for example, a call was made to the club shop, lowly worker there takes the call from someone with zero idea as to the policy or indeed if the person on the other end of the phone is on a windup.

Stop picking on Muddled General!!!