Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS THIS TRUE RE- DEAD SOLDIER?

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:21 pm

saw this on facebook any truth?

Today Cardiff City football club were approached by the family of LCpl Scanlon QDG, who was tragically killed in Afghanistan earlier this week, to see if the club would donate a club shirt to put in his coffin as he was a massive CCFC fan. Shockingly, the club said no as 'they don't do that sort of thing'. Please re-post this far and wide to ensure that the club is shamed by it's behaviour - CCFC have just lost themselves a fan here for sure.
spred the word.
what C...s

mind you it is a joking jack who posted it

Re: IS THIS TRUE RE- DEAD SOLDIER?

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:25 pm

jinks-rct wrote:saw this on facebook any truth?

Today Cardiff City football club were approached by the family of LCpl Scanlon QDG, who was tragically killed in Afghanistan earlier this week, to see if the club would donate a club shirt to put in his coffin as he was a massive CCFC fan. Shockingly, the club said no as 'they don't do that sort of thing'. Please re-post this far and wide to ensure that the club is shamed by it's behaviour - CCFC have just lost themselves a fan here for sure.
spred the word.
what C...s

think thats bollocks mate... city always donate shirts on a daily basis.. everyday at the vale training there are shirts on the tables in the offices getting signed and donated to various places...

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:25 pm

spred the word.
what C...s

No idea of the substance to this story. If it WAS true i'd be disgusted.
But you want the club 'shamed' on the say-so of something a jack has
posted?

Come back when you have facts mate eh?

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:29 pm

taffyapple wrote:

spred the word.
what C...s

posted?

dont be a moron now and read what ive said. im asking because im going back to have a go at them

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:32 pm

spred the word.
what C...s

Highly unlikely and bullshit.

Given the recent mutual respect from supporters of both clubs whoever put that up on the facebook thing may well have a early knock and I would guess it wouldn't be plod.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:36 pm

yeah read my post mate...just posted it.....ref carl curtis

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:38 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

spred the word.
what C...s

think thats bollocks mate... city always donate shirts on a daily basis.. everyday at the vale training there are shirts on the tables in the offices getting signed and donated to various places...

mate it aint bollocks,ive just spoke to my brothers mate and hes told me ,hes in the regiment...THEY AINT HAPPY !

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:43 pm

d20 wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

spred the word.
what C...s

mate it aint bollocks,ive just spoke to my brothers mate and hes told me ,hes in the regiment...THEY AINT HAPPY !

i call the club and ask for shirts all the time , signed aswell and the never fail to send them to us... the only time they wont send one is if you want to raffle it... ive still got the play off final shirt in the wadrobe signed... if you like i will gladly donate that .... pass me the details and i will send no problems... :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:47 pm

Odd considering all the work the club do with the soldiers and how often they invite them.

I dunno if its true, id be surprised but I never believe the "Re-post" or "forward this email" type stuff.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:53 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

spred the word.
what C...s

posted?

dont be a moron now and read what ive said. im asking because im going back to have a go at them

Gotchya. My apologies

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:57 pm

Hi there, sorry to inform you all, but this is true
I used to serve in the regiment and am in direct
Contact with the family and lads.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Joseywales wrote:Hi there, sorry to inform you all, but this is true
I used to serve in the regiment and am in direct
Contact with the family and lads.

You may or may not be but it's your first post and could be anyone.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:03 pm

taffyapple wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

spred the word.
what C...s

posted?

Gotchya. My apologies

no probs :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:04 pm

That's cos I just registered, the news will confirm it,
Shocking!
And I wouldn't joke about Richard scanlon a friend
Being killed in afghan.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Joseywales wrote:That's cos I just registered, the news will confirm it,
Shocking!
And I wouldn't joke about Richard scanlon a friend
Being killed in afghan.

Who is joking?

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:19 pm

Ok, understand your concerns.
But I only registered to confirm what
I read whilst researching who does and
Doesn't know.
It's a shame cos I am sure the fans won't
be to happy when it's made public.
Not on hear do anything other than confirm
Like I said, so this is my last post.
Take care, a good bunch of lads you welsh,
Spent all my adult life in the army with QDG.
Unfortunately I am English.
Hope you guys are as disgusted as me and the
Whole regiment are once you find out for yourself.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:43 pm

http://www.blueandamber.proboards.com/i ... read=76406

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:56 pm

Joseywales wrote:Ok, understand your concerns.
Doesn't know.

who at the club was contacted and asked then josey?

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Doesn't know.

I to would be disgusted if as reported and purposely done.
I find it hard to believe the club would intentionally do this though as they have done a lot with the forces.

I'm sure they have rules and regs about giving out tops otherwise everyone would be asking for free tops for this and that, so maybe this is where the confusion arose.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:59 pm

I seen a similar post on facebook by a girl i went to school with who is married to someone in the services

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:04 pm

[quote="cityblue"]I seen a similar post on facebook by a girl i went to school with who is married to someone in the forces

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:11 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Doesn't know.

I to would be disgusted if as reported and purposely done.
I find it hard to believe the club would intentionally do this though as they have done a lot with the forces.

I'm sure they have rules and regs about giving out tops otherwise everyone would be asking for free tops for this and that, so maybe this is where the confusion arose.

Well according to Blackwood Bluebird above, he has contacted the club a few times and has had no problem getting signed tops...!!

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:16 am

I didn't say they don't give out tops just that there most likely will be rules and this is where the confusing has appeared
I find it highly unlikely the club would just say no.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:36 am

this is blown way out of proportion by some jacks who heard then news i think.

i have to be honest it doesnt sound good but in defense of the club we cant give out a shirt to every death of a city fan.

its sounds horrible but it is a business

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:44 am

Definately true, theres quite a bit of an argument about it here. Some valid and non valid points made about it. http://blueandamber.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=76406

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:49 am

2blue2handle wrote:I didn't say they don't give out tops just that there most likely will be rules and this is where the confusing has appeared
I find it highly unlikely the club would just say no.

correct, they arnt allowed to give out tops to say people who want to use them in a raffle to raise monies for things... or for u to use as a prize to make money from...

if you ever get a chance to visit the vale training facility and get to go in and have lunch upstairs etc.. you will see in the lounge area balls and shirts all signed and ready to go out to the requested parties etc...

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:58 am

Midfield general wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:this is blown way out of proportion by some jacks who heard then news i think.

i have to be honest it doesnt sound good but in defense of the club we cant give out a shirt to every death of a city fan.

its sounds horrible but it is a business

Yes it is a business so just think of the loss of business from the lads friends and family from now on. Please remember that a price of a shirt is more or less the price of just ticket matchday tickets at the end of the day.

MG i understand, but i can see the clubs view too. no club in the world gives out tops at every unfortunate incident. im sure if the club knew it would cause this kind of trouble then they would of given a home and away shirt but how were they to know

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:51 pm

There you go.. totally untrue and a load of bollox... the club are donating a shirt and are going to ask his regiment to the CCS next time their home from duty. Who ever started this rumour should be feckin ashamed of themselves...!!

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:05 pm

ELY BOY wrote:
Phantom Of The Chopra wrote:There you go.. totally untrue and a load of bollox... the club are donating a shirt and are going to ask his regiment to the CCS next time their home from duty. Who ever started this rumour should be feckin ashamed of themselves...!!

Seems it was one of our best mates the jacks. Not like them to be behind jackanory stories. :roll:

Not surprising, everyone knows the club goes above and beyond for our soldiers all the time.

All the repost stuff on fb is a load of shit started on a Chinese whisper.

Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:10 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:
Phantom Of The Chopra wrote:There you go.. totally untrue and a load of bollox... the club are donating a shirt and are going to ask his regiment to the CCS next time their home from duty. Who ever started this rumour should be feckin ashamed of themselves...!!

Seems it was one of our best mates the jacks. Not like them to be behind jackanory stories. :roll:

Not surprising, everyone knows the club goes above and beyond for our soldiers all the time.

All the repost stuff on fb is a load of shit started on a Chinese whisper.

Correct Luke.