Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Drinking at Club 44. Please read if you do.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:38 pm

After a chat with the Police licensing department regarding the drinking of alcohol at my place (CLUB 44 ) before the City's home games and the way we go about it will have to change as of from now. Unless you bring your own beer to drink, or have already left your case here that a few of you have done, you will no longer be able to drink here. Regarding the raffle tickets that helped us to so far raise £215 for the Children with Cancer that to will have to stop as well as I need a license to do this. So I will be sending that money off within the next day or so to the charity. I would like to thank you all for helping us to get that much. It a possibility that one of my neighbors has decided that they do not want you to enjoy yourselves. The chat I had with the Police licensing department was very fair and the Law was explained to me very well. I hope to see a few of you come Saturday,
Regards
FblockFrank

:old: and :twisted:

Re: Drinking at Club 44. Please read if you do.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:51 pm

That's sad to hear, Frank.

If you fancy coming over to The Cornwall, I'll gladly buy your first.

:ayatollah:

Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:06 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:That's sad to hear, Frank.

If you fancy coming over to The Cornwall, I'll gladly buy your first.

:ayatollah:

Thanks for the offer Ta :lol:

Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:22 pm

The world has gone mad.

Perhaps you should charge an 'Entance Fee' or ask for voluntry donations.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:32 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:The world has gone mad.

Perhaps you should charge an 'Entance Fee' or ask for voluntry donations.

It's just a bit sad about the charity side of it, I raised £25 on the bus last Saturday.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:43 pm

FblockFrank wrote:After a chat with the Police licensing department regarding the drinking of alcohol at my place (CLUB 44 ) before the City's home games and the way we go about it will have to change as of from now. Unless you bring your own beer to drink, or have already left your case here that a few of you have done, you will no longer be able to drink here. Regarding the raffle tickets that helped us to so far raise £215 for the Children with Cancer that to will have to stop as well as I need a license to do this. So I will be sending that money off within the next day or so to the charity. I would like to thank you all for helping us to get that much. It a possibility that one of my neighbors has decided that they do not want you to enjoy yourselves. The chat I had with the Police licensing department was very fair and the Law was explained to me very well. I hope to see a few of you come Saturday,
Regards
FblockFrank

....and which neighbour would that be Mr H? ;)

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:18 pm

FblockFrank wrote:After a chat with the Police licensing department regarding the drinking of alcohol at my place (CLUB 44 ) before the City's home games and the way we go about it will have to change as of from now. Unless you bring your own beer to drink, or have already left your case here that a few of you have done, you will no longer be able to drink here. Regarding the raffle tickets that helped us to so far raise £215 for the Children with Cancer that to will have to stop as well as I need a license to do this. So I will be sending that money off within the next day or so to the charity. I would like to thank you all for helping us to get that much. It a possibility that one of my neighbors has decided that they do not want you to enjoy yourselves. The chat I had with the Police licensing department was very fair and the Law was explained to me very well. I hope to see a few of you come Saturday,
Regards
FblockFrank
I HAVE NOW MADE THAT DONATION ON BEHALF OF THE CLUB 44 BOYS AS BELOW

Thank you for making a donation!
Dear Mr FRANCIS HUMPHRIES

Thank you for your kind donation of £215.00

Your gift will soon be helping families with life-limited children to cope with the difficult times, giving them a shoulder to cry on, and someone to turn to for comfort and support. It will also give them the opportunity to connect with their children in new ways and to do normal things as a family, creating memories to treasure.

Your support will help them make the most of the precious time they have left together.

Thank you for caring.

From everyone at Tŷ Hafan

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:14 am

Frank couldnt Ty Hafen give you an official collecting bucket or something , that way you could still collect money but the licence would be theirs , its like when Ive been on the MacMillan walks , they give the walkers buckets but the individuals are not licenced or anything ? Also I thought aslong as your not selling any booze then whats the problem there ? The world is going mad mate , too many sad jobsworths out there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Frank couldnt Ty Hafen give you an official collecting bucket or something , that way you could still collect money but the licence would be theirs , its like when Ive been on the MacMillan walks , they give the walkers buckets but the individuals are not licenced or anything ? Also I thought aslong as your not selling any booze then whats the problem there ? The world is going mad mate , too many sad jobsworths out there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A collection box is in the post today from them. Thank for the idea. :old: And still getting it up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:29 pm

the jealousy of some people Frank is unbelievable. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
as all the ones who regulary pop along to yours on matchday know that money is raised every week through the raffle for a very good cause.
i will pop along saturday to see you. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
keep up the goodwork in aid of Ty Hafan :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: