Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Reading, Coventry and the Daily Star.....

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:17 pm

First of all, realy looking forward to Coventry tomorow.

The Ricoh is a new ground for me and this was penciled in ages ago, realy looking forward to it and excelent support making the night trip.

I had been to Highfield Road a good few times but never bothered with the trips to Cov since the ground move.

Secondly, it was brought to my attention earlier that in the match report (and i used that term loosely) that they had printed the following.

'As things started to get spiced up on the pitch the emotion threatended to boil over into the stands as Police and Stewards rushed in to stop the Cardiff fans running accross the segregated area to reach the Reading supporters'.'

I read the article earlier and it was something along those lines, it realy made out that Cardiff fans were trying their best to get accross the seats to attack Reading Fans.

Is that true? or is it a load of old bollocks made up to make us look bad yet again?

Re: Reading, Coventry and the Daily Star.....

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Appologies, I should have said, this was in the Daily Star on Sunday which says it all realy.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:21 pm

i didn't see the incident because i was on the other side of the stand but from what i heard it was reading fans who came over first.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:21 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Appologies, I should have said, this was in the Daily Star on Sunday which says it all realy.

Made up, when worded like that

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Reading fans started it...creeping behind the scoreboard and goading the city fans

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Here you go.

Copy and paste job

Hudson was then booked for clattering Joe Mills and the tensions on the pitch were spilling over into the stands.
Police and Stewards had to rush in and prevent ugly scenes as Cardiff fans tried to reach the home supporters.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:34 pm

Both CCFC's have the same arena, but coventry have filled in their corners.

As an aside, how did the Ricoh Arena get a Coldplay Concert and the Millennium didn't?

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:36 pm

Some gobby fucker mouthing off behind the scoreboard ,when the Reading stewards didn't bother doing anything cardiif done their jobs for them http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... HNku7EuFxM