Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fantastic Daughters

Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:53 pm

As you may or may not know, this year hasn't been a good one for me. My darling wife died and I was made redundant, was talking with my 2 girls about Christmas and presents etc. I was in the middle of explaining that I would try and get them what they wanted, and they both turned to me and said Dad we will wake up and give you big hugs and cuddles, and lay flowers with Mum that will make our Christmas. At that point I had to leave the room and have a cry. I am so blessed in having 2 fantastic daughters :D :D :D

Re: Fantastic Daughters

Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:59 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:As you may or may not know, this year hasn't been a good one for me. My darling wife died and I was made redundant, was talking with my 2 girls about Christmas and presents etc. I was in the middle of explaining that I would try and get them what they wanted, and they both turned to me and said Dad we will wake up and give you big hugs and cuddles, and lay flowers with Mum that will make our Christmas. At that point I had to leave the room and have a cry. I am so blessed in having 2 fantastic daughters :D :D :D

Mate, sounds like you have had a terrible time, but it sounds like your two girls are an absolute credit to you and your wife. You are indeed blessed, and i'm sure you are very proud.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:00 pm

Beds Bluebird wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:As you may or may not know, this year hasn't been a good one for me. My darling wife died and I was made redundant, was talking with my 2 girls about Christmas and presents etc. I was in the middle of explaining that I would try and get them what they wanted, and they both turned to me and said Dad we will wake up and give you big hugs and cuddles, and lay flowers with Mum that will make our Christmas. At that point I had to leave the room and have a cry. I am so blessed in having 2 fantastic daughters :D :D :D

Mate, sounds like you have had a terrible time, but it sounds like your two girls are an absolute credit to you and your wife. You are indeed blessed, and i'm sure you are very proud.

Yes I am so much :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:07 pm

I don't know you mate, but I had a lump in my throat there....good things come to good people :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Your girls are a credit to you!!! I am sure your Wife is looking down with a proud smile right now. Oh and mate, it takes a big man to cry, don't be afraid to do so in front of your girls. Good luck to you and your girls :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:27 pm

Your daughters are a credit to you mate in what must be a very very hard time for all of you. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:32 pm

My daughters had an amazing Mum they are exactly like her

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:05 pm

Thats worth more than anything in the world, the love of your two incredible daughters. Wish you all a very merry Christmas, you should be a very proud dad.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Sounds as though you have 2 lovely daughters my friend, being there for each other is the most important thing right now. Despite all the negative things that have happened in your life recently you all have each other which is much more important than material things, hope 2012 brings you and your lovely daughters better luck.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:19 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:Sounds as though you have 2 lovely daughters my friend, being there for each other is the most important thing right now. Despite all the negative things that have happened in your life recently you all have each other which is much more important than material things, hope 2012 brings you and your lovely daughters better luck.

Thank you much appreciated :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:20 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:
CF64 BLUE wrote:Sounds as though you have 2 lovely daughters my friend, being there for each other is the most important thing right now. Despite all the negative things that have happened in your life recently you all have each other which is much more important than material things, hope 2012 brings you and your lovely daughters better luck.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:26 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:29 pm

That brought a tear to my eyes, but also a smile, you can be so very proud of them both. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:33 pm

Marc wrote:I don't know you mate, but I had a lump in my throat there....good things come to good people :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i second this statement....

stand tall and be proud fella...

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, you are truely exceptional people on here I will be coming down to see the boys in the New year

Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:40 am

that caught me off guard :(

im not good with threads like this, I know what to say just not how to say it, but what fantastic daughters I wish you the happiest possible Christmas together :ayatollah:

youngsters today are full of greed and I want this and that etc, sounds like you have two to treasure and be very proud of mate :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:36 am

Very sad story being a family man myself i cant begin to imagine what you ae going through,but im sure your family will stay strong, all the best for 2012 you deserve a bit of luck.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:25 am

Just read this thread in work and I had to leave my desk for a moment of reflection.

Messages like that remind us all of what is important - family, I really hope that 2012 brings happiness for you and yours.

All the very best

Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:32 am

Such a sad but touching story, my heart goes out to all of you. :(

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:27 am

That really brought a tear to my eye. As a father of 3 beautiful daughters myself, I can relate to what you say about them being fantastic because mine truly are and I wouldn't change them for the world, what is different to you and I is that I am blessed to still have my wife so I can not relate to that and can not imagine what you and your daughters will be going through this Christmas.
I wish you all the very best and although they wont be a substitute for your wife, remember that your fantastic daughters will make it that little bit easier for you bearing in mind that they are going through the same as you are.
Merry Christmas to you all and may your wife rest in peace, she will be looking down on you.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:40 am

Chief i am sorry to hear about your Wife. It sounds she left a good legacy with your Daughters. I hope the future is good for you and your Daughters and if you get the chance join us on a piss up sometime. How old are your Girls Chief ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:43 pm

10 and 13

Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:05 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:My daughters had an amazing Mum they are exactly like her

Sounds like she was an extremely special person. She will be looking down on the 3 of you with immense pride. Keep strong.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:31 pm

Marc wrote:I don't know you mate, but I had a lump in my throat there....good things come to good people :ayatollah:

x2

God bless you all.

:ayatollah:

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:01 pm

Thats pure Love mate ! pure love

Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:52 pm

That brought a tear to my eye! Sounds like you have had a really hard time but what wonderful daughters you have, absolute credit to you. Hoping you have a lovely Christmas together, best wishes.