Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Somethings not right

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:55 pm

how we can loan players out so easy yet we can get anyone in on loan, somethings not right at our club :/ :ayatollah:

Re: Somethings not right

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:58 pm

harty10 wrote:how we can loan players out so easy yet we can get anyone in on loan, somethings not right at our club :/ :ayatollah:

Maybe malky is freein up wages a little bit fella :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:04 pm

It's probably down to cost. People think that loans are free, but they are not. In recent years the costs of loans have gone through the roof with even average players costing stupid amount loan fees. You can pay £1m or more for an average squad player to come to you these days.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:21 pm

i understand that but teams like watford and crystal palace can get players in, we cant get anyone :/ hope it changes! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:35 pm

well which players that watford and palace have signed do you think we wanted or needed :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Malky said he's happy with the squad and there is only one more he wants, I imagine a winger/striker.

I don't see why anyone would complain about the prospect of losing Keinan for 6 weeks.

Hudson, Gerrard, Blake, Turner, Gyepes, McNaughton, Quinn, Evans

We have ample amounts of CB's.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Perhaps to give Dekel game time and see how well he does. If he shines then fantastic for us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:06 pm

At least 75% of the loan deals I've seen going to other championship clubs have been defenders.

Of those that weren't defenders most of them were either trouble or not good enough for the city.

I think that people's obsession with loan players is ridiculous, especially after all the stick everyone gives Dave Jones for his loan signings.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:35 pm

Aramore wrote:At least 75% of the loan deals I've seen going to other championship clubs have been defenders.

Of those that weren't defenders most of them were either trouble or not good enough for the city.

I think that people's obsession with loan players is ridiculous, especially after all the stick everyone gives Dave Jones for his loan signings.

agreed if it wasnt for last seasons loan fiascos we wouldnt be half as interested as fans in the loan market.

its a poor topic with not much thought put into it.

simple way about it is. we have an abundance of defenders and needed to get rid so its easily done.

we need winger/striker who suits us, and thats a very small choice to get someone, and thats why its much harder !

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:00 pm

I'd rather we bought some quality players in January than loaned. Some value for money that Malky has already proved he can find! At least we will still be building for a more stable future that way...

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:04 pm

harty10 wrote:how we can loan players out so easy yet we can get anyone in on loan, somethings not right at our club :/ :ayatollah:

its taken you 4months in to the season to realise this i knew something wasnt rite from the squad numbers we started with :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:08 pm

SOMETHING'S NOT RIGHT:

4th in league, pressures off, lost 3 in 21 games this season, 3 highest goal scorers, and have a QF Cup tie with Blackburn Rovers! IM FUMING LADS! :lol:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:22 pm

Merlin wrote:SOMETHING'S NOT RIGHT:

4th in league, pressures off, lost 3 in 21 games this season, 3 highest goal scorers, and have a QF Cup tie with Blackburn Rovers! IM FUMING LADS! :lol:

It's bloody terrible isn't it! Sack the manager and bring back Dave Jones! He was always brilliant in Novembers unlike this Malky guy, what kind of name is that anyways?!

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:28 pm

im not having a go, im landed at our start but no one said about keinan leaving then within minutes hes out on loan, that quick, yet we are in talks but it never pulls off:/ Back Him Now! amazing start :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:30 pm

harty10 wrote:im not having a go, im landed at our start but no one said about keinan leaving then within minutes hes out on loan, that quick, yet we are in talks but it never pulls off:/ Back Him Now! amazing start :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He's only a temporary loan and it makes sense, we have 6 centre backs plus McNaughton and Quinn and Keinan's not getting the game time he deserves really. It's a way for Keinan to show Malky what he's missing and for him to get some game time. It's win-win for everyone.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:33 pm

harty10 wrote:im not having a go, im landed at our start but no one said about keinan leaving then within minutes hes out on loan, that quick, yet we are in talks but it never pulls off:/ Back Him Now! amazing start :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Loaning out a defender who appears to be 5th or 6th choice for a centre half spot is a good bit of business. It will free up a few quid for starters. Malky is the one doing the talking with regards to any loan deel and not willing to pay over a certain amount of wages or fees on certain players - it's his own words. Clubs want ridiculous loan fees and high percentages of wages paid these days so I for one am glad he is sticking to his guns and trying to get the best out of his budget.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:40 pm

MM unlike Jones is actually trying to look after the club, why spend excess money when we dont need to? Ideally Gypes would go out as well.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:MM unlike Jones is actually trying to look after the club, why spend excess money when we dont need to? Ideally Gypes would go out as well.

I think it's more likely he has a set budget for the season and doesn't want to waste money now when he might want signings during January, or potentially money to play with in the spring emergency loan window so he can strengthen if we're there or there abouts.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:54 pm

I know where your coming from mate.
We have Forest on saturday - for strikers they have ;
Dexter Blackstoke, Ismael Miller, Matt Derbyshire, Mcgoldrick, Tudgay, Robbie Findlay - then 2 youngsters bamford and mcleary (our gestede and mason)

We have miller and earnie and then Parkin.

Yet still, Forest are looking to loan in Luke Varney from Pompey.

Keinan loan out makes good sense, nowt wrong with it. But it does seem strange that an injury to whitts or cowie or conway and miller could leave us very vunerable.We play 2 games a week usually and they are all tough in this division.
It does seem strange that we havent strengthend, considering the prize at stake.

Im loving the team, the effort, the manager and how well we are in the table, but we are too thin with a need for something special to come off the bench to change games. We could get caught out otherwise.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:02 pm

Carl will answer it later. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Carl will answer it later. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

later hmmm :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:44 pm

eddiep wrote:

I know where your coming from mate.
We have Forest on saturday - for strikers they have ;
Dexter Blackstoke, Ismael Miller, Matt Derbyshire, Mcgoldrick, Tudgay, Robbie Findlay - then 2 youngsters bamford and mcleary (our gestede and mason)

We have miller and earnie and then Parkin.

Yet still, Forest are looking to loan in Luke Varney from Pompey.

Keinan loan out makes good sense, nowt wrong with it. But it does seem strange that an injury to whitts or cowie or conway and miller could leave us very vunerable.We play 2 games a week usually and they are all tough in this division.
It does seem strange that we havent strengthend, considering the prize at stake.

Im loving the team, the effort, the manager and how well we are in the table, but we are too thin with a need for something special to come off the bench to change games. We could get caught out otherwise.

We're 4th - Forest are 17th.

We average 2 goals a game. Forest with all their strikers average 1

Yes we need cover, we need another striker. But we need it to be the right player.
If Kenny Miller got injured right now we'd have a problem. But then again, last time
he missed a few games, Joe Mason came in and scored almost a goal a game.

I dont think its a matter of if or when we get players in. its WHO we are getting in.
I reckon its under control. Our owners are not speculating wildly, they are cold
calculating businessmen. If Malky Mackay tells them he wants a player now it would
be good business sense to do as he wishes. They've not made too many bad business
decisions so far have they