Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A reprint of the Official History of the Bluebirds - would y

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:25 am

Along with two other City fans, I've been talking to the publisher of the superb Official History of the Bluebirds about doing a follow up to cover the seasons since it was published in 1992.

The publisher is certainly interested and it's beginning to look like we can make a start with a view to something coming out in autumn 2013, but, in the mean time, I have been asked to try and get some sort of idea as to what the reaction would be to a reprint of the original (which covered the club's history until the end of the 1990/91 season) being done.

It might be that any reprint would be available pretty quickly if there was sufficient interest in it, so can I ask if you would consider getting one - speaking as someone who has got a dog eared original which is now falling apart, I'd definitely be interested in one.

Re: A reprint of the Official History of the Bluebirds - would y

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:32 am

I've got an original copy in pretty good Nic was thinking of flogging it to some one On here...

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:40 am

the other Bob Wilson wrote:Along with two other City fans, I've been talking to the publisher of the superb Official History of the Bluebirds about doing a follow up to cover the seasons since it was published in 1992.

The publisher is certainly interested and it's beginning to look like we can make a start with a view to something coming out in autumn 2013, but, in the mean time, I have been asked to try and get some sort of idea as to what the reaction would be to a reprint of the original (which covered the club's history until the end of the 1990/91 season) being done.

It might be that any reprint would be available pretty quickly if there was sufficient interest in it, so can I ask if you would consider getting one - speaking as someone who has got a dog eared original which is now falling apart, I'd definitely be interested in one.

I have long since lost mine Bob and would surely get another if available. :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:45 pm

the other Bob Wilson wrote:Along with two other City fans, I've been talking to the publisher of the superb Official History of the Bluebirds about doing a follow up to cover the seasons since it was published in 1992.

I'm pretty sure I've still got the original in pristine condition, locked away somewhere, so I'd prefer the updated version.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:49 pm

I'd definately be interested in getting an updated one