Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

the difference with last year

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:04 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPA-b6dbq-k
The backroom staff usher Gerrard back towards the fans, all stay and clap themselves along with all players. This is why we love Malky :ayatollah:

Re: the difference with last year

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:33 am

the difference is we are a team this year who all play for each other and who connect with us the fans.no prima donnas like bothroyd who think they are too big for the club....a manager who respects us the fans and the team who seem to give their all for the shirt.my expectations to be honest at the start of the season were of a season of consolodation,rebuil;ding our team and merely getting a respectable mid table finish.............thats changed NOTHING LESS THAN PROMOTION NOW !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:40 pm

neathbluebird wrote: NOTHING LESS THAN PROMOTION NOW !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Dear God that's the trouble with out Club ridiculous expectations...

the difference is we are a team this year who all play for each other and who connect with us the fans.no prima donnas like bothroyd who think they are too big for the club....a manager who respects us the fans and the team who seem to give their all for the shirt.

Such silly talk and I can guarantee than if 6 years under Malky we're not in the Premiership you'll not be singing the same tune about the manager or the players
I really don't get this hate for Jones who for 5 years did a fantastic job for our Club or this Jay hate; Sure like Jones he had a bad season and the English call up went to his head , but he tried his best for the Club and if had been fit in the Playoff final I'm almost sure we would have been in the Premiership last season

I like and rate Malky and he is the man, but lets not forget what a good Job Jones did for the Club bar last season

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:47 pm

smilebit wrote:
I really don't get this hate for Jones who for 5 years did a fantastic job for our Club or this Jay hate; Sure like Jones he had a bad season and the English call up went to his head , but he tried his best for the Club and if had been fit in the Playoff final I'm almost sure we would have been in the Premiership last season

I like and rate Malky and he is the man, but lets not forget what a good Job Jones did for the Club bar last season

Obviously you 'don't get' why we never made the Premiership under Jones...

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Smile A Bit (go on, you know you want to),

I don't think it's unrealistic for people to have changed their view about promotion, given our performances so far this season. To say that it's ridiculous is harsh, to say the least. I think that Reading result on Saturday will prove to be very important given its timing (after the international break, so we proved we hadn't lost momentum) and the fact that they were a very tough side to play against.

As for Mr DJ, you must've been aware of the way he fell out of love for the media and our fans, with an attitude that could be deemed elitist. Jay, too, let us and himself down towards the (bitter) end.

I won't easily forget what we achieved under Dave Jones and I have some fantastic memories (and photos) that I will cherish forever, but there was a downside. Some people may appear to be dwelling on it a bit much but, I think, it's due to a sense of betrayal felt by those of us who put him up on a pedestal due to what he gave us in 2008 etc.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:50 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:Smile A Bit (go on, you know you want to),

I don't think it's unrealistic for people to have changed their view about promotion, given our performances so far this season. To say that it's ridiculous is harsh, to say the least. I think that Reading result on Saturday will prove to be very important given its timing (after the international break, so we proved we hadn't lost momentum) and the fact that they were a very tough side to play against.

It's always been out trouble . I remember when we beat Birmingham a few years back and then people saying this was the year, we're going up top of the league and all that, we not even past Christmas and already people are now saying we're going up . If we're in the same position and playing as well come March, I may start to believe the hype myself. Till then I think Playoff's is the hope

As for Mr DJ, you must've been aware of the way he fell out of love for the media and our fans, with an attitude that could be deemed elitist. Jay, too, let us and himself down towards the (bitter) end.

Last season no doubt , but the years before that Jones did a fine job. As for Jay, I think his head was turned by the English call up , but he still done wonders for us and is a class act (I would have him back no question)

I think, it's due to a sense of betrayal felt by those of us who put him up on a pedestal due to what he gave us in 2008 etc.[/quote] Tbh I didn't like Jones last season it was clear he was running out of steam with Club and the players and the fan just weren't helping him at all , But I also blame the board for the loan call route .

Every manager has their time, even the best and it was time for Jones to go, but I do get sick of the knockers . How many fans can say they saw their Team in the FA Cup Final LIVE ?, We had great cup runs and quite a few good season making it all the way to the finals with no money and not being able to bring or loan any players in (which people often look over) . You don't get to a play off final with out having a Team playing for you, more so when quite a few of them were carrying knocks and playing through the pain barrier , but had to play due to the HMS Inland revenue

We had plenty of great Away Win's under Jones... I remember being up in WBA and us winning and showing a guts to hold, us giving Leeds a true football lesson with one of the best performances I've ever seen from Cardiff and the FA cup adventure will live with me for the rest of my life . So while I like Malky and what he's doing and myself wanted Jones out, I will not forget what Jones did for us and how his gave us a real good 5 years

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:25 pm

Well said, mate. I have no argument with any of that.

For me, it's nice to have a bit of optimism during the season, rather than just right at the end - even if it does end in disappointment.

That performance on Saturday (allied with a fair bit of luck, in my opinion), will prove to be a very important one, I think and it gave me more belief in Malky and the current team.

In my opinion, most of the time Mark Hudson has been with us, he hasn't justified his price tag or his captaincy. Believe me, I was eating my words on Saturday after I roared my head off when he scored. It was right in front of us and taken like a goal poaching striker, rather than a centre half. Quality.