Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whitts to go in January.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:00 pm

He has improved immensely again this season and Premier teams must be looking closely. Every Championship player is available at the right price. How much for Whitts?

Re: Whitts to go in January.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:01 pm

£6-7 million at least.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:02 pm

bluebird58 wrote:He has improved immensely again this season and Premier teams must be looking closely. Every Championship player is available at the right price. How much for Whitts?

If Whitts was sold then, it would show the current board had no intentions of going anywhere, I do not believe Malky would let them sell him, Malky is building his own squad and that includes Whitts.
Whitts worth at least £3 mill on current form. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:04 pm

bluebird58 wrote:He has improved immensely again this season and Premier teams must be looking closely. Every Championship player is available at the right price. How much for Whitts?

No Chance :lol:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:05 pm

malky is building a team around him so can't see him going or if he did mm would be asking questions about the board ambitions are for us.

if he does get sold it would be stupidly high price.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

If Whitts was sold then, it would show the current board had no intentions of going anywhere, I do not believe Malky would let them sell him, Malky is building his own squad and that includes Whitts.

I agree - I was just playing Devil's Advocate here. Although we hope to add to the squad in January, we forget how some of our players may attract the attention of others - especially desperate Premier League clubs.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:09 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I agree - I was just playing Devil's Advocate here. Although we hope to add to the squad in January, we forget how some of our players may attract the attention of others - especially desperate Premier League clubs.

I don't think he'd fancy Swansea.

:lol:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:11 pm

And people wanted to accept the 1.5 million Forest were apparently bidding for him. In fact didn't someone say they would drive him there for that.

I always knew he had it in him just needed bringing out by the right manager. It appears Malky is that man.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:24 pm

[quote
I always knew he had it in him just needed bringing out by the right manager. It appears Malky is that man.[/quote]

Spot on :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:38 pm

He signed a new deal in the summer and said he's 100% committed to the club :lol:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Yep Malk has stated that when he first come here whitts was at the heart of his plans. and I think the way Whitts is playing now proves that Malks is working with whitts. With whitts playing like this Malky wants to build on it now cash in on him.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:50 pm

£3m but thatll prove one thing - lets not even go here .............................he has signed longer contract lets hope we build around him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:16 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:He signed a new deal in the summer and said he's 100% committed to the club :lol:

Unfortunately, in this day and age that statement is about as useful as a manager getting a vote of confidence from the board!

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:26 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:He signed a new deal in the summer and said he's 100% committed to the club :lol:

Unfortunately, in this day and age that statement is about as useful as a manager getting a vote of confidence from the board!

:lol: :lol: True, true. But i'm convinced with Whitts he will be here for a while :)

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:11 pm

Fed up of talking about this, I've spoken in length with Pete again recently and I can confirm he will not be going anywhere, he loves Cardiff and has no desire to leave.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:31 pm

I know we are winning, having a Ball !! Lets talk about selling our best players :o :roll: :roll: :roll: Good one that :evil:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Or that it showed the board want to run the finances properly.

No player is unsellable.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:23 pm

nerd wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No player is unsellable.

Yes Nerd, but if you keep your better players to me it shows real ambition. :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nerd wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No player is unsellable.

Yes Nerd, but if you keep your better players to me it shows real ambition. :ayatollah:

Maybe, but we're not in the position to be fussy.

That logic means Ridsdale showed ambition by turning down Stoke's 6m bid for Ledley. 6m being a ridiculous sum for him, for "ambition" cost us financially.

Every team outside the top 4 is a selling club. We've got to face that reality. It would be nice to keep Whitts, but if silly money is offered, we'd be stupid to turn it down.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:51 pm

nerd wrote:
Maybe, but we're not in the position to be fussy.

That logic means Ridsdale showed ambition by turning down Stoke's 6m bid for Ledley. 6m being a ridiculous sum for him, for "ambition" cost us financially.

Every team outside the top 4 is a selling club. We've got to face that reality. It would be nice to keep Whitts, but if silly money is offered, we'd be stupid to turn it down.

Very pragmatic approach and one I can't disagree with. Whittingham is brilliant today but could be totally shit tomorrow so if the offer is good enough, then we all know he would be on his way.