Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hello from Cork !

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:56 am

I'm pretty new to this forum but following it through Annis' links.

I am following Cardiff City since a couple of years now (mainly via TV, magazines and Internet) due to family and business i had very less time to travel around for some games. But now its time for it - its overdue :ayatollah:

It would be my first trip to Cardiff and my first trip to see Cardiff City FC live - any suggestions what to do where to go etc?

Please consider it will be just for a weekend and I will travel on my own !

Thanks in advance for your replies !

Re: Hello from Cork !

Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:05 am

Cork_Wolfy wrote:I'm pretty new to this forum but following it through Annis' links.

I am following Cardiff City since a couple of years now (mainly via TV, magazines and Internet) due to family and business i had very less time to travel around for some games. But now its time for it - its overdue :ayatollah:

It would be my first trip to Cardiff and my first trip to see Cardiff City FC live - any suggestions what to do where to go etc?

Please consider it will be just for a weekend and I will travel on my own !

Thanks in advance for your replies !

Hi and welcome Wolfy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Before home games, a lot of us meet up in the lounge part of the Ninian Park pub. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Let us know when your coming over. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:09 am

Welcome. My advice would be canton before the game for a good pre match drink.

Not far from the ground and a good cluster of pubs all within 30 seconds walk of each other!!

Would recommend the canton stand as the place to watch the game if you want to join in the singing and the chanting also if you want to stand and watch the game this is the best part of the ground.

If you would rather sit the ninian stand is better and they can drum
Up a few songs there also you will have better view of the game!!

What game are you planning! If your coming just for the one game I would recommend Birmingham at home that should be a cracker and it not long off!!

Enjoy
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:12 pm

Welcome on board Wolfy.

I spent many a months in Cork. One of my favourite places.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Thanks for the replies and the welcoming :ayatollah:

it would be the 17th December for the Middlesbrough game - cant wait :old:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:04 pm

Cork_Wolfy wrote:Thanks for the replies and the welcoming :ayatollah:

it would be the 17th December for the Middlesbrough game - cant wait :old:

Our Forum lot will be all out for our Xmas drink. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:09 pm

nice1 - would be honored if I could join in :old:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:17 pm

What flights are you getting, I'm over that weekend as well, flying out of Dublin Thursay morning and back Sunday morning.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Was thinking of Friday to Sunday morning

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Cead Mile Failte

Good to have Munster represented here hah.

Do you support Cork City as well, out of curiosity? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Welcome to the forum !!!! As some others have said the Canton stand towards the back block 105,106 would be best for chanting. Theres usually a crowd of posters in the Ninian Park pub. If you want to meet up prior to game a mate of mine whos irish will be on hand in the Cardiff RFC bar where i pop in prior to kick off and then head up to Canton, drop me a PM if you coming over. Best regards

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi Tyler,

yes i am watching them whenever i have time. Got promoted this season on the final day - great game.

And...there is also the Munster Rugby team :-) Ronan O'Gara :-)

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Cead Mile Failte

Good to have Munster represented here hah.

Do you support Cork City as well, out of curiosity? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Welcome Celtic cousin!

Over the past few seasons - ive seen two different groups of guys from Ireland in the Foresters pub in Canton.
They were a great craic and we had a hell of a time.

Canton is a district of Cardiff near the stadium - loads of pubs and Canton itself is only btewwn 5 and 10 mins bus/taxi from city centre.

On a matchday, lots of fans start in the city centre pubs and then head for Canton pubs.
Friday and saturday nights in cardiff are good fun too - caters for most things, whatever youre in to.

Enjoy the game mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:15 pm

Thanks for the welcome Eddie,

you put some pressure on me man !

:ayatollah:

eddiep wrote:Welcome Celtic cousin!

Over the past few seasons - ive seen two different groups of guys from Ireland in the Foresters pub in Canton.
They were a great craic and we had a hell of a time.

Canton is a district of Cardiff near the stadium - loads of pubs and Canton itself is only btewwn 5 and 10 mins bus/taxi from city centre.

On a matchday, lots of fans start in the city centre pubs and then head for Canton pubs.
Friday and saturday nights in cardiff are good fun too - caters for most things, whatever youre in to.

Enjoy the game mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: