Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OH DEAR BRIAN MCDERMOTT.......

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:31 am

Reading boss Brian McDermott said: “I think we should have won the game. The first goal is one you will not see often and the second was disappointing from our point of view.

“I thought all three of our claims for first half penalties were justified. You would think you would get one of them. I think between the referee and the linesman they have missed three. There’s two handballs and (Mikele) Leigertwood s been pulled back.

“Our problem is that we have lost some quality players, including a striker that has just got the winner for West Brom today.

actually had a bit of repect for him until he came out with this bunch of sour grapes. 3 definite penalties :lol: #
should have won the game ? lost some quality players,well dear brian we lost pretty much our entire team and manager
not a mention of how well cardiff city played,unlucky penfold enjoy your season of midtable obscurity
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: OH DEAR BRIAN MCDERMOTT.......

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:05 am

englishbluebird wrote:Reading boss Brian McDermott said: “I think we should have won the game. The first goal is one you will not see often and the second was disappointing from our point of view.

“I thought all three of our claims for first half penalties were justified. You would think you would get one of them. I think between the referee and the linesman they have missed three. There’s two handballs and (Mikele) Leigertwood s been pulled back.

“Our problem is that we have lost some quality players, including a striker that has just got the winner for West Brom today.

actually had a bit of repect for him until he came out with this bunch of sour grapes. 3 definite penalties :lol: #
should have won the game ? lost some quality players,well dear brian we lost pretty much our entire team and manager
not a mention of how well cardiff city played,unlucky penfold enjoy your season of midtable obscurity
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree with you he came across as a very bitter man in that interview, I can understand disappointment as we had it last May but at least we behaved with dignity. In the after match interview yesterday he didn't and that sad.

Instead of maoning about losing players perhaps he should think about the reason why Reading lost those players and that is the PL parachute payments that ended. I didn't hearing him moaning when he had the benefit of them last season.

Welcome to the real world Brian. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: OH DEAR BRIAN MCDERMOTT.......

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:24 am

He's joined the Steve Cotterill After Match Spouting Bollocks Association. Listen to Cotterill every time his side loses. Last season when we beat Portsmouth 2v0 down there he said " We battered 'em. We were by far the better team". The other week when he took Forest back to Fratton Park and they were stuffed 3v0 his after match analysis was " We were by far the better team of course. How we lost that I don't Know". Complete prick. Penfold ditto.