Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Could a stay at City be the refuge the Scottish winger needs

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:56 am

Why would a player that has an almost guaranteed starting role in a decent Premier League side even consider dropping a division? Absolutely no chance we could loan him, let alone sign him or that Villa would loan/sell him.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:58 am

Is he back in villa squad? I thought he was
Suspended

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:13 am

Isn't he a centre midfielder though?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:14 am

Taken from yesterdays paper ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... arned.html

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:17 am

10 games if you include the Carling Cup which is more than a decent amount for a side like Aston Villa.

Also he's a central midfielder and I wouldn't bother comparing it to last season when he was behind the likes of Petrov, Reo-Coker and Makoun who were better and more experienced players. This year he's probably the second best CM behind Petrov and is the better and experienced of a bunch of players like him, Delph and Herd. He's a good Premier League player despite his problem off the fields and there's no chance that Villa would loan him out to us.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:51 am

Im not sure we should be the "Dumping Ground" for players who have non-football related problems.

Players have left us because of "personal issues" so I hardly think it would be a good message to bring players in with arguably more problems than those who left.

Players who come in need to be totally focussed on promotion - and not some court case hanging over them