Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whinging about the atmosphere

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:36 pm

Can you, hand on heart say you will join in with any City song you hear in the ground ?

Cos if everyone says yes then there isnt a problem - it must be the ground not the fans.

Thing is .... will you honestly say thats true ?

Re: Whinging about the atmosphere

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:45 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Can you, hand on heart say you will join in with any City song you hear in the ground ?

Cos if everyone says yes then there isnt a problem - it must be the ground not the fans.

4000 of us today made more noise than 23000
i know its because we are all compact but this shouldn't be the case
we get laughed at every other week because of the 'lack' of atmosphere at the CCS
its a mixture of having the Family Stand next to the away fans and the enforcement of sitting down!
people sitting down tend not to belt out the tunes :lol:
and the why the club named the Canton as the 'Singing' section i'll never know as the whole ground should be the singing section

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:47 pm

eighty_8 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Can you, hand on heart say you will join in with any City song you hear in the ground ?

we get laughed at every other week because of the 'lack' of atmosphere at the CCS
its a mixture of having the Family Stand next to the away fans and the enforcement of sitting down!
and the why the club named the Canton as the 'Singing' section i'll never know as the whole ground should be the singing section

If everyone who moaned joine in every time they heard someone have a go we'd be fine.

Harsh, but true.

Our support was great today, but I sometimes think some fans at home think they dont have to try.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:58 pm

Of course it's not the ground, the ground had been rocking, it's down to the fans who would rather moan than sing.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:00 am

Lawnmower wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:

If everyone who moaned joine in every time they heard someone have a go we'd be fine.

Harsh, but true.

Our support was great today, but I sometimes think some fans at home think they dont have to try.

yea, I know what you mean.
we are not the only club though
a lot of clubs, especially ones who have a new ground, have it
Man City and Arsenal being high profile examples. We know highbury was a library but much better than the Emirates and with regards to Man City, the club have agreed to move sections to improve atmosphere.
it would be nice if the club would listen to us on this

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:17 am

Not all people want to move though, I know some people in canton don't want to move and love where they are.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:09 am

Two points to make, one is that I actually think that we are starting to sound quieter away from home than we usually do, this I found at derby the other week and considering all the support we had there today, I thought we were fairly quiet. Point two, is that everyone I have spoken to, are all in agreement that the atmosphere and match day experience at CCS is turning them off watching home games and that they are seriously considering not watching city at home as frequently. I must have spoken to around ten different people today about this and they all felt the same, in my opinion the club need to take this issue seriously.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:12 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Two points to make, one is that I actually think that we are starting to sound quieter away from home than we usually do, this I found at derby the other week and considering all the support we had there today, I thought we were fairly quiet. Point two, is that everyone I have spoken to, are all in agreement that the atmosphere and match day experience at CCS is turning them off watching home games and that they are seriously considering not watching city at home as frequently. I must have spoken to around ten different people today about this and they all felt the same, in my opinion the club need to take this issue seriously.

Perhaps they should stop moaning and have a go themselves ?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:58 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Two points to make, one is that I actually think that we are starting to sound quieter away from home than we usually do, this I found at derby the other week and considering all the support we had there today, I thought we were fairly quiet. Point two, is that everyone I have spoken to, are all in agreement that the atmosphere and match day experience at CCS is turning them off watching home games and that they are seriously considering not watching city at home as frequently. I must have spoken to around ten different people today about this and they all felt the same, in my opinion the club need to take this issue seriously.

You are joking aren't you ? I was at both mentioned games and they were cracking atmospheres. Take your ear plugs out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:21 am

Stop moaning

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:41 pm

eighty_8 wrote:

Sadly spot on.