Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WELL DONE LADS

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:19 pm

Not been on much lately but just popping on to say well done on another great victory today at a hard place to go Reading.

Honestly didn't feel you had enough numbers in the ranks to pursue a promotion push but it looks like you are proving me wrong & I'm delighted by that. MM is looking like the best signing you've made in years.

Keep up the good work & get out of that mucky league & join us in the big time (it really is good fun :-) )

BloooooooooooBirddddddssssssss :ayatollah:

Re: WELL DONE LADS

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Not been on much lately but just popping on to say well done on another great victory today at a hard place to go Reading.

Honestly didn't feel you had enough numbers in the ranks to pursue a promotion push but it looks like you are proving me wrong & I'm delighted by that. MM is looking like the best signing you've made in years.

Keep up the good work & get out of that mucky league & join us in the big time (it really is good fun :-) )

welcome back Stan, have a watch of Whittinghams worldy on the Footy League Show (the show you used to watch :lol: )

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:24 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Not been on much lately but just popping on to say well done on another great victory today at a hard place to go Reading.

Cheers Stan :ayatollah: And to think we almost lost MM for Shearer :roll: :roll:
Good luck in the premier league...hope to see you there soon ;) :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:48 pm

Saw the goal. Was a proper cracker.

I still watch the FL show as its 'proper' football in my eyes. Close run battles & proper ding dongs. Being in the prem is good for exposure, football first & stuff like that but I do miss the FL show.

TC you have a real gem in Malky & I hope he is backed sufficiently in January as that's the most important time of the year. Last January we brought in Routledge, Shittu, Chimbonda, Ishmael Miller & it really gave us a massive lift & the final piece of the jigsaw to see us over the line. I hope Malky is afforded the same treatment. If not & others spend you will have a much harder task on your hands.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:50 pm

Cheers Stan, If you got the championship on have a nosey at Whitts strike. Your right re Malky what a difference, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:32 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:55 am

Good to hear from you again Stan thought you might having joined the 'elite' and not be prepared to speak to us minions in the 'lower' divisions :D Two great wins today; Stoke and Reading are two difficult places to win hopefully we can join you next season btw how is Bothroyd doing what i have seen of him I think he his doing OK :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:06 am

You've not been on AT ALL Stan.

Funny how it coincides with a QPR win eh? :lol:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:58 am

id have gone into hiding after being pasted 6-0 by fulham :lol:

no seriously welcome back stan,good win for your boys at stoke.Doubted we could make a promotion push aswell but malky and his staff(and the players!!) are performing miracles at times with a small but talented squad

btw dont expect jessie to bust his arse recovering from his hamstring injury,any excuse to sit on his arse ;)

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:27 am

Cheers Stan, I said to you last season it did not matter what stars we had, under Dave Jones we would go no where.
I honestly believe if Malky is backed and can get another 3 or 4 players, Malky will take us up this season. :ayatollah:
Your doing really well yourselves. :ayatollah:

Your honest opinion on Jay ?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:49 pm

Morning ladies.

Thanks for the lovely warm welcome back mixed with a few bitch slaps :lol:

Honestly though sounds like you are building a nice bit of momentum & its clear Malky has galvanised the whole club. The Malaysians OWE it to him big time to back him.

As far as Jay he started superbly in an unforgiving role, the lone striker trying to win balls, holding up & bringing people into play. Take into account its up against some of the best defenders in the world & it really is a hard position to play but he really worked his socks off & for the first 6 or so games look awesome. He done everything but score.

He then went through a 3-4 game spell where he was less effective, not lazy nor lack of effort just wasn't going for him & it looked like he'd lost a bit of confidence. He had a heart to heart with Warnock & was re introduced against Spurs in the second half where he looked like a man who wanted to prove a serious point. Done well in the time he had and scored a good headed goal. Against Manchester City he was absolutely top class. Winning most of his headers up against Joleon Lescott & Kolorov & of scored again with a cracking bullet header & was unlucky to get a second when another powerful hit the post with Joe Hart rooted.

He came with a rep from Cardiff fans but I did say all along if any man can get him playing at his peak consistently its Neil Warnock & he really is bringing out the best in Jay.

He has a slight hamstring tweak but will be back for Norwich away next weekend.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Morning ladies.

Honestly though sounds like you are building a nice bit of momentum & its clear Malky has galvanised the whole club. The Malaysians OWE it to him big time to back him.

As far as Jay he started superbly in an unforgiving role, the lone striker trying to win balls, holding up & bringing people into play. Take into account its up against some of the best defenders in the world & it really is a hard position to play but he really worked his socks off & for the first 6 or so games look awesome. He done everything but score.

He then went through a 3-4 game spell where he was less effective, not lazy nor lack of effort just wasn't going for him & it looked like he'd lost a bit of confidence. He had a heart to heart with Warnock & was re introduced against Spurs in the second half where he looked like a man who wanted to prove a serious point. Done well in the time he had and scored a good headed goal. Against Manchester City he was absolutely top class. Winning most of his headers up against Joleon Lescott & Kolorov & of scored again with a cracking bullet header & was unlucky to get a second when another powerful hit the post with Joe Hart rooted.

He came with a rep from Cardiff fans but I did say all along if any man can get him playing at his peak consistently its Neil Warnock & he really is bringing out the best in Jay.

Stan, I hope he can keep it up for you, but my honest opinion, he cant and is lazy, but a class player other wise. :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Morning ladies.

Good result for you guys yesterday Stan and I have to say what I have seen of QPR this season you will have no problem staying in the PL this season. Must say though I wonder what Mr Warnock would have to say about the two clear penalties that Stoke didn't get yesterday if it was QPR who hadn't got them. All the same a couple of really good goals against Stoke yesterday.

On the point of Jay what your really saying is that he is blowing hot and cold and for us thats absolutely nothing new. Thats Jay Bothroyd for you on his day a class act on another day a passenger. Sadly you will learn to see that but in the big scheme of things it really won't matter because you have other better players.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:56 pm

To be honest most players blow hot & cold but as far as effort is concerned I really can't fault him.

I think he just went stale at Cardiff, losing out on promotion a couple of times & playing under a miserable poor man manager is not going to bring out the best in anyone if we're honest.

I think Jay knows this is probably his last shot at the big time & from what I've seen he really is giving it a good go.

Cheers Blue so far so good. 9th in the Premiership I wouldn't of turned my nose up at that in August. Really are playing some cracking stuff & yesterday also showed me something, Stoke are a farking shit football team FACT all they want to do is hoof it & boot you but I tell you what our boys gave as good as they got & kicked a few of them up in the air & they didn't like it. We showed them zero respect & I love that.

When I hear the Jacks were cheering & clapping Chelsea & Man Utd players it shows me we are doing things the right way & intimidating the oppo not sucking them off.

As for the pens I saw them last night & first one I think Pennant left a trailing leg but the 2nd looked a pen for sure. We had an abysmal penalty given against us against Villa a few weeks back so swings & roundabouts really.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:To be honest most players blow hot & cold but as far as effort is concerned I really can't fault him.

I think he just went stale at Cardiff, losing out on promotion a couple of times & playing under a miserable poor man manager is not going to bring out the best in anyone if we're honest.

I think Jay knows this is probably his last shot at the big time & from what I've seen he really is giving it a good go.

Cheers Blue so far so good. 9th in the Premiership I wouldn't of turned my nose up at that in August. Really are playing some cracking stuff & yesterday also showed me something, Stoke are a farking shit football team FACT all they want to do is hoof it & boot you but I tell you what our boys gave as good as they got & kicked a few of them up in the air & they didn't like it. We showed them zero respect & I love that.

When I hear the Jacks were cheering & clapping Chelsea & Man Utd players it shows me we are doing things the right way & intimidating the oppo not sucking them off.

As for the pens I saw them last night & first one I think Pennant left a trailing leg but the 2nd looked a pen for sure. We had an abysmal penalty given against us against Villa a few weeks back so swings & roundabouts really.

Jay is most talented player that i have seen playing for CCFC in 30+years. Just a shame he spent the last half of last season with his arse superglued to the pitch