Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ben Turner

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:01 pm

I thought Big Ben was immense today!

Got caught out in the first half with a ball over the top but recovered superbly to block the shot. Apart from that he seemed to win every tackle, every header and should really have scored with a header in the first half.

I think we could have got ourselves a good one here.

Was my man of the match today.

Re: Ben Turner

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:03 pm

davids wrote:I thought Big Ben was immense today!

Got caught out in the first half with a ball over the top but recovered superbly to block the shot. Apart from that he seemed to win every tackle, every header and should really have scored with a header in the first half.

Def mine as well :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Played brilliant today :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:13 pm

davids wrote:I thought Big Ben was immense today!

He had a good game and should have scored in 1st half. My Man of Match was Kev McNaughton. His header to stop le fondre scoring in 1st half was awesome. In fairness the entire back 4 was great today and although the midfield didnt play well they battled and hussled for 90 minutes.

I f*cking loves the city i does. :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:47 pm

Their goal was just a good goal as well cant blame some right back made a run to draw one of our men in which led to the cross.
Turner this guy is brilliant. He fell over first half and the ball hit his leg which he got away with! :lol:
His block first half was brilliant. Le Fondre was there and Turner managed to sneak quickly in front of him as he pulled the trigger! His clearing headers are brilliant and excellent on the McNaughton block he saw the danger and got in the way.
Taylor impressed today!
Conway also! :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:11 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Their goal was just a good goal as well cant blame some right back made a run to draw one of our men in which led to the cross.
Turner this guy is brilliant. He fell over first half and the ball hit his leg which he got away with! :lol:
His block first half was brilliant. Le Fondre was there and Turner managed to sneak quickly in front of him as he pulled the trigger! His clearing headers are brilliant and excellent on the McNaughton block he saw the danger and got in the way.
Taylor impressed today!
Conway also! :ayatollah:

IMHO

If hes as good as I think he is, we'll be top 6.

I reckon he could be better than Johnson. He's certainly stronger, better passer and maybe quicker :o

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:34 pm

For a 6ft odd defender the guy got a great vision for a long ball! :lol:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:14 am

I paid particular attention to Turner today. He's the sort of commanding
Centre-half that forwards hate. He is a bully. His "f**k you its my ball"
attitude is a joy to watch (when he's wearing a City top :lol: )

But he's good on the floor too, and fast.

I still think Malky should go back to Coventry and say sorry :lol: :lol:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:10 am

im a massive fan,during the first half the balls over the top seemed to trouble turner but like mentioned above he adjusted his game and was superb,as was hudson i doubted their partnership initiall;y but its really clicking now
turner gave noel hunt a few sly kicks and the forward didnt want to know after that, who could blame him against a guy who resembles a mountain :D
i still reckon turners gonna chip in with a few goals by the end of the season and lets remember also he has not long recovered from a serious injury :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:25 am

TOP CLASS DISPLAY FROM HIM AND THE BACK 4 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:55 am

How did hudson play chaps?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:18 am

polo wrote:How did hudson play chaps?

very solid and assured,saw him marshalling the defence aswell which hes always needed to do more,fair play hudson and turner are proving they should both be our first choice pairing

huds took his goal superbly aswell :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:27 am

englishbluebird wrote:

very solid and assured,saw him marshalling the defence aswell which hes always needed to do more,fair play hudson and turner are proving they should both be our first choice pairing

huds took his goal superbly aswell :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good to hear :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Played very well. Harshly booked as well for a great tackle.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:59 pm

Defo my man of the match. I said this to someone yesterday!
Also I thought Kiss was very quiet. Anyone agree? :?