Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MALKY PRAISES CARDIFF CITY'S 4,000 FANS "

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Malky Mackay hails Cardiff City fans after Reading win
Nov 19 2011

Cardiff boss Malky Mackay was full of praise for his side after their 2-1 win at Reading.

Peter Whittingham and Mark Hudson scored for Cardiff before Jimmy Kebe got a consolation for the home side.

“It was always going to be hard playing against a side that has only lost one game in 10,” said Mackay.

“Brian McDermott’s teams play at a high tempo but we matched their intensity and tempo and then our qualities came out.

“I thought that when Reading did score towards the end that it was against the run of play.

“It made the last 10 or 15 minutes interesting, but when we won balls back I thought we were calm in taking the ball up the pitch to give us a breather.

“I thought our 4,000 fans brought a real atmosphere to the game. It was really fantastic. It really blew me away and I wanted to thank them at the end.

“I have seen Peter Whittingham score goals like his opening effort in training and his ball in for Mark Hudson’s goal was superb.

“Whittingham has always had a talent on the all but I am delighted with the amount of tackles he is making and second balls that he is picking up.”

Reading boss Brian McDermott said: “I think we should have won the game. The first goal is one you will not see often and the second was disappointing from our point of view.

“I thought all three of our claims for first half penalties were justified. You would think you would get one of them. I think between the referee and the linesman they have missed three. There’s two handballs and (Mikele) Leigertwood s been pulled back.

“Our problem is that we have lost some quality players, including a striker that has just got the winner for West Brom today.

“It was a similar scenario for us at this time last season but we just have to move forward quickly and concentrate on the next game.

“I am pleased that the crowd stayed with our players who showed desire and we have just got to stick with it.

“It’s frustrating but all we can do is work hard on the training ground to keep going.”

Cardiff took the lead in the third minute, moments after Reading keeper Adam Federici had made a superb double save from Craig Conway and then Filip Kiss.

The ball rebounded to Reading winger Kebe who attempted to dribble clear but lost possession to Whittingham who lashed home a long-range effort with his left foot.

Cardiff added a second in the 71st minute when Hudson was first to Whittingham’s free-kick from the left and turned the ball past Federici.

Reading did pull a goal back 13 minutes from time when Kebe headed in a Jem Karacan but Cardiff held firm under further late pressure from the Royals.

Re: " MALKY PRAISES CARDIFF CITY'S 4,000 FANS "

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Never heard Jones praising us. Malky's reaction at the end rounded off the trip perfectly.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Never heard Jones praising us. Malky's reaction at the end rounded off the trip perfectly.

major fist pump? or did he come over ? :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:31 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Never heard Jones praising us. Malky's reaction at the end rounded off the trip perfectly.

major fist pump? or did he come over ? :ayatollah:

Malky is the man. :D

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:35 pm

When he came over at the End, it was like we had scored another goal, it makes me proud as f**K to be City

he gave a few fist pumps

really like how he stands on the edge of the pitch, shows respect to the opposition by shaking their hands, thanks his players then is last to leave

what a man! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Top man is Malky, gotta love him lol :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:41 pm

I spoke to Malky when he returned to his car with his wife children, I was there with my (little pick & shovels) wife and children, I must say he was a true gentleman and thanked us all for travelling and supporting the team today. Don't know what he thought of me trying to get over the fence when I landed on my ares after falling over the fu****g thing, before I had completed my recovery roll, my youngest son said "look mam dad is like James Bond". I have a nice cut to my knee and sore shoulder as a result. I think Malky had a little chuckle at my expense!!
citysapper

Private messageE-mail citysapper

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:53 pm

Our support today was first class. When the flare went off the chant went up "Well do what we want we'll do what we want were Cardiff City we'll do what we want"

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:33 pm

In Malky we trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:39 pm

love malky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:53 pm

The greatest of respect to all the fans that went today, Im sure they could hear you in Swansea. and Malky is so proud of you all . His words about you all was Unbelievable support ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:59 pm

He got the win for us! :ayatollah:
Fairplay praising us in interviews constanlly is fantastic! Just quickly refering to the fans while taking about the game is massive respect! :D
He walked up a bit to us when everyone was gone and the passion and desire he has is first class! :D

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:08 pm

Fact is, we deserve it.

Our bus left this morning with a stop off all organised, 40-odd decent people on it, not knowing if the police were going to spoil our day. As it was we weren't stpped, gave a pu in the middle of nowhere the best Sat they've had ever and were welcomed back.

Oh yes we have some dicks, but its not many out of the numbers that go away. Truth is our support is f'ckin brilliant. :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:39 am

Great support today! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:41 am

We were in block Y24 and the Bleubirds support coming from our left was massive, incredible! The Reading boys next to us gave us a strange look when Cefnfforestbluebird gave us the ayatollah from the away end :lol:
Great job lads! :ayatollah:

Gert & Stijn

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:36 pm

Gert wrote:We were in block Y24 and the Bleubirds support coming from our left was massive, incredible! The Reading boys next to us gave us a strange look when Cefnfforestbluebird gave us the ayatollah from the away end :lol:
Great job lads! :ayatollah:

Gert & Stijn
s

Glad you enjoyed the visit it was a shame I couldnt get you over in the Cardiff end. I did wonder if the locals would clock did you know a city fan in the away end !! :ayatollah: Reading kept on attacking but we stood strong and to win away like that really was a great result. From Cefn Fforest to Tilburg I will email you once I have booked up the trip and who knows I may be doing the ayotollah in Holland. Best wishes and glad you had a safe journey back lads. :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:55 pm

Well, you've seen us, which Royal would dare to stand up to us ? :lol: :lol:

Journey home was very smooth and we definitely want to visit another Bluebirds away match, and would be great to be in the CCFC block! We'l meet in Tilburg, just mail me and we'll give you a warm welcome, just as warm as we had in Cardiff last year! :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:20 pm

What utter tosh

"I would very much like to say that, as always, the supporters have been absolutely outstanding for us and a real asset to what we`re trying to do,"

This Jones bashing is getting silly now

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:42 pm

smilebit wrote:

What utter tosh

"I would very much like to say that, as always, the supporters have been absolutely outstanding for us and a real asset to what we`re trying to do,"

This Jones bashing is getting silly now

I agree with smilebit as the useless Scouse Prick has gone now and i dont even think of him any more. He is well in the past a past i would rather forget. Malky is the future!! The futures bright the futures BLUE !! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:44 pm

picture says it all!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:04 pm

Gert wrote:Well, you've seen us, which Royal would dare to stand up to us ? :lol: :lol:

Journey home was very smooth and we definitely want to visit another Bluebirds away match, and would be great to be in the CCFC block! We'l meet in Tilburg, just mail me and we'll give you a warm welcome, just as warm as we had in Cardiff last year! :ayatollah:

Cheers Gert this ones for you !!!

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:54 pm

saw us out in force. think malky thrives on seeing the fans in numbers and making our presence known. awesome day :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: