Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Different Board, Same Old Shit?

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:59 am

With Annis and Carl continually posting vague messages about signing a loan player, dont you get that feeling that while others around us are strengthening we will be left high and dry? I hope not, but weve been here before.

Re: Different Board, Same Old Shit?

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:49 am

I got the same feeling

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:02 am

Ditto, they don't exactly fill me with confidence. :(

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:33 am

My guess is the club is being run on much tighter lines now,and I don't just mean finacially either.This team is improving week by week and is somthing were not use to seeing so I'm happy to let the manager work in his own way which if it means keeping everything top secret until its done and dusted then so be it.If Carl and Annis have to work to those constraints as well then its understandable that they would'nt want to queer their pitch also.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:48 pm

seen the same posts going up for the last 3months boring now ,we are skint and lets go with what we have its clear as day now what we have got and thats that :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:18 pm

bluebird1977 If its true that lack of finance is preventing Malky from strengthening our squad why in Gods name doesn't the man say so,he is suppose to be a straight talking Scot after all

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:26 pm

angelis49 wrote:bluebird1977 If its true that lack of finance is preventing Malky from strengthening our squad why in Gods name doesn't the man say so,he is suppose to be a straight talking Scot after all

Because it's not true.

Anyone with a brain cell in football knows our financial situation. Anyone with a brain cell in football knows there will be a financial limit when they take our managerial job on.

The sad thing is the "Malaysians handcuffing Mackay, don't want promotion" rumour will fly and no matter how often it's shot down, people will still believe it.

Anyone who believes following the Hammam, Ridsdale "prudent" financial management routes in the hope of a magic pot of gold needs to prove what a wonderful plan that is. I'd wager none of them would withdraw all their cash, spend on lottery tickets and hope to win the lottery.

Mackay has faith in youngsters when needed. He and the staff he's got in have a good eye for talent. After all, people ridiculed the signing of Gestede - what had he done in France? People ridiculed the signing of Mason - what had he ever done?

Mackay is doing what he knew he had to do - money to spend if needed, requirement to purchase young, talented players needing developing. He's done that and created a team.

The fact some want to criticise the Malaysians when they've inherited a hell of a lot of shit is just simply staggering.