Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SOME REAL POSITIVE NEWS FROM THE ACADEMY

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:34 am

Just had a phone call out of the blue from an old mate Neil Wyckham, well known lad in the Valleys and a great track record in Welsh League football and full junior Welsh Caps. This is the lad who told me about Aaron Ramsey when he was eleven, so he knows a good one one when he sees one.

He went along to Penydarren Park to watch the City under 18's beat Merthyr under 19,s five nil on Wednesday, the City used a couple of well under age players and his boy who is under 16 being one of them.

Now Malky and his full team of backroom staff turned up for the whole game and it gave the boys and their parents such a lift they are all still buzzing about it. It is something that wouldn't have happened under recent regimes shall we say.

Those kids now feel ten foot tall and makes them feel part of the club and should spur them on to reach their full potential knowing that they are being monitored from the top level down.

This proves to me that Malky is in this for the long term and that he and the club recognise the importance of the Youth set up, hopefully they days of short term expensive loans or old players getting a last seasons huge pay deal are long gone.

I am so glad to get feed back like this from parents at the club, really perked me up ready for Reading. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: SOME REAL POSITIVE NEWS FROM THE ACADEMY

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:55 am

The result was as expected I would expect our full under 16 team to get a result against Merthyr U19 to be fair The good point is that Malky turned up
My son was in tha academy and apart from the real big games Jones never turned up and rarely stayed for the whole game

Re: SOME REAL POSITIVE NEWS FROM THE ACADEMY

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:49 am

Really great to hear that Gwyn, our future is in safe hands as long as Malky is at the helm. :D