Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We need 2 or 3 players coming in next week..................

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:50 am

to make sure we have strength in depth for the campaign in December and over the new year period, otherwise the players are going to be knackered come January.

I wonder whether the Malaysians are doing all the hard work to get the finances and security of the club in place because they know they have an interested party once promoted - and that is a 3-year plan.

Well if nothing else this season is much better than previous ones - why?

Not having to listen to the constant bull shit from those in charge!!

Re: We need 2 or 3 players coming in next week..................

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:12 am

arri potta wrote:to make sure we have strength in depth for the campaign in December and over the new year period, otherwise the players are going to be knackered come January.

I wonder whether the Malaysians are doing all the hard work to get the finances and security of the club in place because they know they have an interested party once promoted - and that is a 3-year plan.

Malky is working on it 24/7, but needs more money in my opinion.

I def think we need those players now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:14 am

Last year our team looked a bit like this:

GK- 2
Full back: 5
CB: 4

Wing: 4
CM: 4

Forward: 4

Our squad generally consisted of about 23 players. It's hard to judge overall because of the amount of changes but that's a fair figure. This season:

GK- 2
Full Back: 4
CB: 5

Wing: 2
CM: 5

Forward: 5

So 23 and that doesn't could Taiwo or Gyepes. So arguably our squad is about as large as last season. Quality compared to last season is of course something else, and i'd also argue our squad was too thin last season. But Malky has to deal with naming 5 substitutes, whereas last season 7 could be named. So squads have to be thinner this season, otherwise there will be too many players in the squad not playing. They are also tough to ship out because other teams have the same problem.

For me i'd like to take a winger that could also play up front. But I feel that with Miller, Mason and Parkin all able to do the lone striker role. Parkin able too play with Earnie, Miller or even Gestede. Gestede able to play with the other 4 too and maybe on his own up front (though that may be too much yet). I'd take a game changing winger and be set until Jan.

Then in Jan look at rebalancing the squad as we are carrying too many Centre Backs and Taiwo. Then look at what youth we hopefully won't need this season and get them on loan to benefit the club. A decision about Ralls would have to be made on wether he would benefit here or on loan as MM has used him twice in league games we could well see him stay here.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:40 am

I think once the monkey is off our back thats SCAMMING SAM then you will find the malaylsian will back malky
why should they put any more money in while SCAMMING SAM is in the back ground

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:42 am

pip wrote:I think once the monkey is off our back thats SCAMMING SAM then you will find the malaylsian will back malky
why should they put any more money in while SCAMMING SAM is in the back ground

Someones fishing :lol:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:16 pm

I'm really pleased with our squad and I think Malky has done wonders, every one of his signings has already proved their worth! However I think a pacy, tricky goalscoring winger would be a great option to have in the squad and hope Malky is lining one up. We don't seem to have anyone who can carry the ball from midfield and frighten defenders with pace. If we can add this type of player and we stay clear of injuries then I'm starting to believe that top 6 is a real possibility!

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:11 pm

arri potta wrote:to make sure we have strength in depth for the campaign in December and over the new year period, otherwise the players are going to be knackered come January.

So you want loan players in to "add depth".

So, pay loan fee, wage contribution to sit on the bench and play the odd game.

Not really a good use of money that, is it?

Unless a loan player is made available who Mackay wants that can make a real impact, it's folly to waste money. Far better to recruit for depth by taking a punt in Jan on perm transfers, low fees, low wages, young players.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Malkay has said he wants to bring one in on loan,he's trying to sign him,but if he doesn't he ll wait till Jan.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Malky is working on it 24/7, but needs more money in my opinion.

I def think we need those players now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yep I believe we do also, off course some Nerds dont agree, But if we can bring in a player or 2 it gives us more options and I just pray Whitts dont get injured. I think we all know he is running the games at the mo , and if he gets injured and is out fo a few weeks all the good work the team and Malky has done will be gone. We dont need Millions just enough to pay wages for loan players. I truly feel we have a great chance of finishing in the top 6 and even for a top spot. We have beaten all the top teams so far, some of the top teams will go on a poor run, would be nice to take advantage of them when they do. But we must have the depth to do that.