Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone else think there will be trouble tomorrow?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:02 pm

I am fearing there will be trouble tomorrow with the way Reading have treated us. The police have already barred us from going to a pub before the game, meaning some of us will be having a drink on the way and turning up disgruntled of being taken straight into the stadium. Now our stewards have had a bust up with Reading so they won't be attending the game either. So tomorrow, we will arrive in Reading with the Reading police/stewards having the power to do whatever they like.

Hopefully, they will treat us as supporters and not criminals, but I am fearing we will have an unfriendly welcome and the police and stewards in particular will be abusing their power knowing there's no Cardiff stewards there to stick up for us. The whole thing stinks, I was really looking forward to this trip and I still am, but I am fearing the worst. I think Reading's police/stewards will be unreasonable and try to wind things up as much as possible, particularly with the numbers we are taking.

In my opinion, if there's any trouble tomorrow, it will be the police, stewards and Reading FC who are the main troublemakers for the way they're treating us, it borders on racial discrimination in my opinion. If they do try and wind things up, I think it's important we all try and rise above it, we do not want to lower ourselves to their level and give them an excuse to arrest us and tarnish our reputation further. Does anyone else share my worries, or am I overreacting?

Re: Anyone else think there will be trouble tomorrow?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:07 pm

Fair play, that's what I call getting your excuses in early.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:08 pm

Personally I think there wont be any trouble as long as the police and stewards respect our fans and like wise. Usually if we have massive numbers the stewards usually leave us alone. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:15 pm

NJ73 wrote:Fair play, that's what I call getting your excuses in early.

I am not going to cause any trouble tomorrow, and I don't think 99% of us will be going tomorrow to cause any trouble. My worry is with the way Reading have been with us, will their police and stewards behave and not give us a problem? I hope it's a trouble free day out tomorrow, all I am saying is with no City stewards there with us tomorrow and the way they have treated us thus far, I worry a few of their police/stewards will treat us unreasonably and try to provoke a reaction?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Personally I think there wont be any trouble as long as the police and stewards respect our fans and like wise. Usually if we have massive numbers the stewards usually leave us alone. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I hope you're right Annis, as you say, it's all about treating us with respect. If you treat someone with respect, you earn the respect back. :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:19 pm

This is www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

This is http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

:lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:48 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

This is http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:50 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Personally I think there wont be any trouble as long as the police and stewards respect our fans and like wise. Usually if we have massive numbers the stewards usually leave us alone. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I hope you're right Annis, as you say, it's all about treating us with respect. If you treat someone with respect, you earn the respect back. :ayatollah:

Thats exactly what I believe. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:33 pm

When cardiff go away nothing suprises me!

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:30 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I am fearing there will be trouble tomorrow with the way Reading have treated us. The police have already barred us from going to a pub before the game, meaning some of us will be having a drink on the way and turning up disgruntled of being taken straight into the stadium. Now our stewards have had a bust up with Reading so they won't be attending the game either. So tomorrow, we will arrive in Reading with the Reading police/stewards having the power to do whatever they like.

Does anyone else share my worries, or am I overreacting?

You're overreacting imo

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:45 pm

Its 2011. We dont have a firm anymore.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:32 am

Agree. I've been to Reading many times and always witnessed a pretty relaxed and friendly atmosphere outside the stadium with fans 'mixing' reasonably well ;)

If we (City supporters) go about the business of supporting our team in our usual manner then all should be fine :ayatollah:

Just enjoy the trip and don't look for problems!! :)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: