Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: HERE IS ONE FOR ALL THE REAL WELSHMEN ON HERE

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:42 am

I don't understand all this vitriol towards the Welsh language? I don't speak it myself but now wish I had carried on learning it in school rather than giving it up at a young age. I just don't get how people can have an issue with preserving a countries culture and language. I find it fascinating visiting areas like The Basque Country and Catalonia who have their own distinctive language and culture from France & Spain and it would be sad if we lost this individuality and history in Wales.

If you work in an industry like media where it is advantageous to speak Welsh, then a suggestion might be to get off your arse and start learning it. I'm sure employers would look on someone favorably who was making the effort to learn Welsh and you wouldn't be looked down upon by people who had spoken it all their lives.

As for that video however, I'm sorry but it is a load ill thought out drivel. One shot proclaims 'Kick out the Brits' and then it shows a Cardiff City team with only a handful of Welsh players. I also think that people who dress up and take part in military reenactments are on a par in terms of weirdness with adults who sit around in a darkened room playing dungeons and dragons.