Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HERE IS ONE FOR ALL THE REAL WELSHMEN ON HERE

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:47 pm

If your a Plastic Welshmen don't bother to play this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVd4Gotr ... ture=share

Re: HERE IS ONE FOR ALL THE REAL WELSHMEN ON HERE

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Stirring stuff, and well produced. But a bit embarrasing. Wales is not like that. We are a modern country. The colour parties and gun salutes are not us. Leave that to the Provos. Call me a plastic Welshman if you like, but I've lived here all my life, speak Welsh as a first language. Labour voter all my life. Voted 'yes' in 79, 97 and 2011. And I'm against Team GB.

So it's a firing squad for me then :shock:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:50 pm

makes me want to burn my shed, :ayatollah: effin awesome

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:51 pm

Cofio Cayo :ayatollah:
Great vid fair play, loved it :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:17 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Stirring stuff, and well produced. But a bit embarrasing. Wales is not like that. We are a modern country. The colour parties and gun salutes are not us. Leave that to the Provos. Call me a plastic Welshman if you like, but I've lived here all my life, speak Welsh as a first language. Labour voter all my life. Voted 'yes' in 79, 97 and 2011. And I'm against Team GB.

Vote Labour ? after what they did to the people of Aberfan ? my god !

Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:26 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:If your a Plastic Welshmen don't bother to play this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVd4Gotr ... ture=share

he's singing in the same language as an englishman and a plastic welshman :roll: :lol:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:56 pm

so welsh, its sung in english. :lol: any welshman who don't speak welsh is a plastic welshman.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:04 pm

murphy wrote:so welsh, its sung in english. :lol: any welshman who don't speak welsh is a plastic welshman.

Really ? who said that ?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:05 pm

murphy wrote:so welsh, its sung in english. :lol: any welshman who don't speak welsh is a plastic welshman.

What a load of old bollocks! :lol:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:56 pm

The only point in Welsh is so people who speak it can feel superior and try to make English speakers second class citizens. :evil:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:59 pm

Aramore wrote:

The only point in Welsh is so people who speak it can feel superior and try to make English speakers second class citizens. :evil:

Dwi'n dysgu Cymraeg ;)

Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:17 am

welshcitydragon wrote:If your a Plastic Welshmen don't bother to play this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVd4Gotr ... ture=share

I am not a 'plastic' Welshman (far from it even if I am not a Wales FC fan) but I didn't bother to look ;)

Phew!! the comment(s) already posted have only vindicated my decision!! :lol: :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:20 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Stirring stuff, and well produced. But a bit embarrasing. Wales is not like that. We are a modern country. The colour parties and gun salutes are not us. Leave that to the Provos. Call me a plastic Welshman if you like, but I've lived here all my life, speak Welsh as a first language. Labour voter all my life. Voted 'yes' in 79, 97 and 2011. And I'm against Team GB.

Vote labour? Not again, f**k labour
Dwi'n trio dysgu cymraeg. It's hard though.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:25 pm

bluecityblue wrote:

Just read what Labour did to the people of Aberfan , they made them use the money that was sent them from all over the world ,to clean up after the disaster. Also they never brought anyone to book over it to this very day. a whole valley of little Children wiped out and the labour party made them clean it up . TWATS ! :twisted:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:40 pm

murphy wrote:The only point in Welsh is so people who speak it can feel superior and try to make English speakers second class citizens. :evil:

what a stupid thing to say

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Yep same as the CONS :lol:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:54 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
bluecityblue wrote:

Just read what Labour did to the people of Aberfan , they made them use the money that was sent them from all over the world ,to clean up after the disaster. Also they never brought anyone to book over it to this very day. a whole valley of little Children wiped out and the labour party made them clean it up . TWATS ! :twisted:

What a f*cking stupid thing to say, and utter bullshit! Dismayed is the word i'm looking for i think. f*cking dimwit.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:41 am

bluecityblue wrote:

:ayatollah:

Very hard but i want to be able to speak my native language Cymru am byth
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:29 am

Aramore wrote:

Does that mean you have an inferiority complex because you cant speak Welsh?
Cos i certainly dont have a 'superiority complex' over people because i can!!!

I'm guessing your one of those lazy fuckers who cannot be bothered to even learn
the National Anthem in Welsh, one song!... then when its sung at a Welsh
International you feel all embarrassed, but hide your shame by calling Welsh Speakers
ignorant.

Thats my ONLY gripe with non-Welsh speaking Welsh people. If your not arsed about
your country, then fair enough. But if you are, and if you got to Welsh matches and
'hum' the anthem... baffles me that one. Its a piece of piss to learn one song in
any language

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:47 am

Just out of curiosity what in your opinion is a plastic Welshman?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:27 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Aramore wrote:

I'm guessing your one of those lazy fuckers who cannot be bothered to even learn
International you feel all embarrassed, but hide your shame by calling Welsh Speakers
ignorant.

Thats my ONLY gripe with non-Welsh speaking Welsh people. If your not arsed about
your country, then fair enough. But if you are, and if you got to Welsh matches and
'hum' the anthem... baffles me that one. Its a piece of piss to learn one song in
any language

I can sing the bloody anthem and the fact you jump down my throat proves exactly what I mean.

You automatically assume that because I don't see any point in learning a language spoken by less than 500,000 people world wide I'm a "lazy fucker" if I was going to learn a language (which I have tried learning one or two) I would choose French, German or Spanish, Languages that actually mean something in the world.

The fact of the matter is the WAG is putting through more and more laws about how companies are required to have equal representatives in companies of Welsh and English speakers, at least in positions that deal with the public. In effect this causes people that don't speak Welsh to become second class citizens as they are much less valuable to employ as most employers would much rather have one person who can speak Welsh and English rather than one Welsh speaker and one English speaker. Especially as at least 99% of all welsh speakers speak both.

Another point is how even with less than 20% of the population speaking Welsh they insist on announcements being made in Welsh before English which causes confusion in places like banks where people who don't understand the language have to wait before going to the open desk causing waiting times to increase.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Aramore wrote:

ignorant.

any language

I can sing the bloody anthem and the fact you jump down my throat proves exactly what I mean.

You automatically assume that because I don't see any point in learning a language spoken by less than 500,000 people world wide I'm a "lazy fucker" if I was going to learn a language (which I have tried learning one or two) I would choose French, German or Spanish, Languages that actually mean something in the world.

The fact of the matter is the WAG is putting through more and more laws about how companies are required to have equal representatives in companies of Welsh and English speakers, at least in positions that deal with the public. In effect this causes people that don't speak Welsh to become second class citizens as they are much less valuable to employ as most employers would much rather have one person who can speak Welsh and English rather than one Welsh speaker and one English speaker. Especially as at least 99% of all welsh speakers speak both.

Another point is how even with less than 20% of the population speaking Welsh they insist on announcements being made in Welsh before English which causes confusion in places like banks where people who don't understand the language have to wait before going to the open desk causing waiting times to increase.

Its your culture. Its your history.

Millions of English people can 'quote Shakespeake'

What relevance does "have at thee" or "Thou shalt verily fancy thee" or some such shite
have in todays world? NONE. Its English culture, in their eyes its part of what makes England
'England'... cant fault them.

If this annoying language HAD died out years ago... so would your Country's identity.

We all f*cking know that speaking Welsh aint going to get you a job in Harvard or
The World Bank. But DO excuse me for being proud that me and my kids and their
kids will carry my country's language on.

I LOVE that there are kids in parts of Wales that can speak two languages by the
time they are 5 years old. I barely spoke b*stard English until i was about 7 or 8.

But dont think im any more Welsh than the next feller.

Though i do wonder about the motives of Welsh people who despise the language so much

Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:26 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Aramore wrote:

ignorant.

any language

What relevance does "have at thee" or "Thou shalt verily fancy thee" or some such shite
have in todays world? NONE. Its English culture, in their eyes its part of what makes England

If this annoying language HAD died out years ago... so would your Country's identity.

We all f*cking know that speaking Welsh aint going to get you a job in Harvard or

I LOVE that there are kids in parts of Wales that can speak two languages by the
time they are 5 years old. I barely spoke b*stard English until i was about 7 or 8.

Though i do wonder about the motives of Welsh people who despise the language so much

My only motive isn't against everyone that speaks the language. It's against the people who get in positions of power because of the language, it's against the extra funding that goes to Welsh Schools because they speak welsh which causes parents to send their kids to those schools because they think they're getting a better education.

I don't see the point in putting all this money into resurrecting what was a dead language instead of something useful. That money could have gone on improving infrastructure or improving all schools, not just the ones that speak Welsh.

Edit: Also, you may not feel more Welsh because you speak the language but look at the OP at the top of this thread for exactly what I mean. Acting like a superior person just because he was born to a family that taught him Welsh.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Aramore wrote:

ignorant.

any language

My only motive isn't against everyone that speaks the language. It's against the people who get in positions of power because of the language, it's against the extra funding that goes to Welsh Schools because they speak welsh which causes parents to send their kids to those schools because they think they're getting a better education.

I don't see the point in putting all this money into resurrecting what was a dead language instead of something useful. That money could have gone on improving infrastructure or improving all schools, not just the ones that speak Welsh.

Edit: Also, you may not feel more Welsh because you speak the language but look at the OP at the top of this thread for exactly what I mean. Acting like a superior person just because he was born to a family that taught him Welsh.

Welsh has been given equal status with English in this Country. That does NOT stop
anyone getting a top job. English people are legally entitled to apply, and usually have
to agree to learn some rudimentary Welsh. Whats wrong with that? Would you move
to Bhutan and refuse to speak ANY of their local dialect because "its useless outside
Bhutan?" of course not, you'd have more respect

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:21 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

ignorant.

any language

Welsh has been given equal status with English in this Country. That does NOT stop
anyone getting a top job. English people are legally entitled to apply, and usually have
to Bhutan and refuse to speak ANY of their local dialect because "its useless outside

The difference is Dzongkha is their only language and I assume more than 20% of the population speaks it. If I moved to a country where they all spoke that language I would attempt to learn it too.

In Wales Welsh was borderline extinct until it was dragged up into equal status with English regardless of the fact the majority of the population don't speak the language.

You're saying I'm not any less Welsh even though I don't speak the language yet you go ahead and call me an English person right in your post.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:24 pm

Got to say apart from a few brif moments,I thought it was shit
Makes wales look like the dark ages,plus the music was shit..ther are many great wales adverts on youtube,I suggest you take a look any one who thinks that inspired you?

Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:57 pm

Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

ignorant.

any language

The difference is Dzongkha is their only language and I assume more than 20% of the population speaks it. If I moved to a country where they all spoke that language I would attempt to learn it too.

In Wales Welsh was borderline extinct until it was dragged up into equal status with English regardless of the fact the majority of the population don't speak the language.

You're saying I'm not any less Welsh even though I don't speak the language yet you go ahead and call me an English person right in your post.

Absolute rubbish. I do not refer to you as English at all.

Borderline extinct?? Now your being ridiculous and far from truthful.

As for Bhutan? there are lots of languages spoken there. If you were in a remote
region where a minority language was spoken. If you were living there, working
there. Would you tell them "f**k you and your dead language, im sticking with
Dzongkha!".... Not unless you were a totally disrespectful clown you wouldnt!
You'd show that language a bit of RESPECT.

In Gwynedd, around 90% of schoolkids can speak the Welsh Language, 75% of
those are fluent in the Language.

The Welsh Language may be 'dead' to you, but because you dont like it, dont be
so arrogant as to suggest centuries of pride in our culture should be just wiped
away because you think its useless.

there ARE many ignorant Welsh speakers who look down their nose at those that
cannot speak their mother tongue. By the same token, there are plenty of ignorant
non-Welsh speakers in Wales who think 700,000 people should give up their language
and speak only English.

Back to Bhutan, and Dzongkha.... Not much use for that language outside of Bhutan...

Do you suggest that they just do away with it? Or is it only Welsh that gets your back
up so much?

Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:28 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Aramore wrote:

Absolute rubbish. I do not refer to you as English at all.

Borderline extinct?? Now your being ridiculous and far from truthful.

As for Bhutan? there are lots of languages spoken there. If you were in a remote
region where a minority language was spoken. If you were living there, working
there. Would you tell them "f**k you and your dead language, im sticking with
Dzongkha!".... Not unless you were a totally disrespectful clown you wouldnt!
You'd show that language a bit of RESPECT.

In Gwynedd, around 90% of schoolkids can speak the Welsh Language, 75% of
those are fluent in the Language.

The Welsh Language may be 'dead' to you, but because you dont like it, dont be
so arrogant as to suggest centuries of pride in our culture should be just wiped
away because you think its useless.

there ARE many ignorant Welsh speakers who look down their nose at those that
cannot speak their mother tongue. By the same token, there are plenty of ignorant
non-Welsh speakers in Wales who think 700,000 people should give up their language
and speak only English.

Back to Bhutan, and Dzongkha.... Not much use for that language outside of Bhutan...

Do you suggest that they just do away with it? Or is it only Welsh that gets your back
up so much?

Where did you possibly get that 700,000 figure from?

The only official figures I've ever seen is 300,000-400,000 and even the staunchest defender of the language has only ever quoted 500,000 at me. Those are all less than 17% of the population of Wales using a conservative figure of 3 million as the welsh population.

Of that 3 million I'd hazard a guess that 99% of the population speak English and I'd say 90% of Welsh speakers speak English.

Yet with this small proportion of the population the majority of services are forced to be in Welsh. There are dozens of ATMs that I've been to (just me personally) that have actually started up in Welsh offering me the choices of Cymraeg or Saesneg. This makes absolutely no sense as everyone knows that Cardiff is a majority English only speaking city. Also the banks themselves call out the free tellers in Welsh before English. This does not help anyone.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:44 pm

Midfield general wrote:I was just thinking the same thing. S4C should be pay per view if people want it so much so that it can be offloaded from the licence payers purse :evil:

Oh don't even get me started on S4C, I saw figures (which were from a freedom of information request) that found in a month of viewing S4C got less than 100 viewers on 50% of their programming and only got above 10k viewers on something like 10% of it. (Those being Sgorio, Clwb Rygbi and pobol y cwm I'd imagine).

Yet when the BBC was forced to take over the running of the company to save it from doom and were given new money to fund it people started performing sit-ins of the BBC Wales studio.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:38 pm

What a load of bollox the welsh language is. A complete waste of money and time, added to that it sounds shit. :D