Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DARCY BLAKE and MALKY "

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:27 pm

I am led to believe Darcy Blake will not even make the subs bench at Reading on Saturday.

I 100% back Malky in everything he has done so far.

But we all know Darcy has been a naughty boy in the past, who hasnt, but I think this time it must be quite serious for Malky not to even consider him no more.

I hope Darcy's future still lies with us and what ever he has done he needs to sort it out now, not next week. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " DARCY BLAKE and MALKY "

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I am led to believe Darcy Blake will not even make the subs bench at Reading on Saturday.

But we all know Darcy has been a naughty boy in the past, who hasnt, but I think this time it must be quite serious for Malky not to even consider him no more.

I hope Darcy's future still lies with us and what ever he has done he needs to sort it out now, not next week. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

annis, i just dont think he is good enough to make the bench right now. with heaton, gerrard, mcphail, mason, and earnie on the bench. sorry but i think he is getting over rated because he is local

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:31 pm

With his versatility, you would think he would be ideal for the bench. He must have done something really naughty to piss of MM that much. :!: :o :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:37 pm

bluebird58 wrote:With his versatility, you would think he would be ideal for the bench. He must have done something really naughty to piss of MM that much. :!: :o :ayatollah:

he cant keep hiding behind what he did 6-12 months ago. because he has been back in the team since then.

unless( and i dont think it is likely because MM isnt the type,) MM is angry at blake going to the papers for not being in the team, he is punishing him, but as i said its not like MM.

Blake just isnt good enough and i dont see why people rave so much about him.

Our Lineup for tomorrow is likely to be (see below)

Marshall

McNaughton
Hudson
Turner
Taylor

Whitts
Mcphail/kiss
Cowie
Conway
Gunnarson

Miller

BENCH
Heaton
Gerrard
Mcphail/kiss
Mason
Earnie

theres no room for blake imo

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:39 pm

You have Gerrard on the bench, theres a space right there!

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Malky has said in an interview the other day, that he and Blake has had a talk and that Blake knows what he has to do to be included in the team. It such a shame if Darcy is still playing up, god gives you a talent but in some cases along with the talent come a bit of an attitude and not a good one ! pull your self together Darcy use your Talent on the pitch and be a bit graceful of it. Grow up son Im sure you could make a good adult ! :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:06 pm

Darcy has been behind Gerrard in the pecking order all season so nothing has changed. The biggest killer for players on the fringes was the loss of two sub places in the matchday squad. He's one of a few who are missing out, it's football.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:10 pm

Darcy is more than good enough. But off the field problems is really dragging him down. Doing really silly things in Public does not help him.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:54 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Malky has said in an interview the other day, that he and Blake has had a talk and that Blake knows what he has to do to be included in the team. It such a shame if Darcy is still playing up, god gives you a talent but in some cases along with the talent come a bit of an attitude and not a good one ! pull your self together Darcy use your Talent on the pitch and be a bit graceful of it. Grow up son Im sure you could make a good adult ! :ayatollah:

Roy, It would be good if Darcy could show Malky he has grown up and changed his attitude, as I personally do not want to see another talented local lad leaving our Club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:Malky has said in an interview the other day, that he and Blake has had a talk and that Blake knows what he has to do to be included in the team. It such a shame if Darcy is still playing up, god gives you a talent but in some cases along with the talent come a bit of an attitude and not a good one ! pull your self together Darcy use your Talent on the pitch and be a bit graceful of it. Grow up son Im sure you could make a good adult ! :ayatollah:

Roy, It would be good if Darcy could show Malky he has grown up and changed his attitude, as I personally do not want to see another talented local lad leaving our Club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes I agree mate , I mean why do we have an academy ? so we can bring in home grown talent ! if we are not going to play them its a great shame to just groom them for other club. But they must respect the club rules and Manager on and off the Pitch. COME ON DARCY USE THAT GOD GIVEN TALENT

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Difficult situation. Darcy has been excellent for Wales.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:37 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes I agree mate , I mean why do we have an academy ? so we can bring in home grown talent ! if we are not going to play them its a great shame to just groom them for other club. But they must respect the club rules and Manager on and off the Pitch. COME ON DARCY USE THAT GOD GIVEN TALENT

Spot on Roy. Regarding our academy and Malky is the boss,so he should be totally respected. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:38 pm

Forgive my ignorance here, but what has Darcy supposed to have done? Those kebab and beer in Blackwood nights rearing their ugly head?

I am a Darcy fan, he needs a run at centre back IMO, he and Gerrard the best pairing we have had since Johnson and Loovens.
Really hope he doesn't leave, unless its spot the Welshman in our squad.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:42 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:Forgive my ignorance here, but what has Darcy supposed to have done? Those kebab and beer in Blackwood nights rearing their ugly head?

I am a Darcy fan, he needs a run at centre back IMO, he and Gerrard the best pairing we have had since Johnson and Loovens.

His life outside football is not to Malky's liking shall we say.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:50 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:Forgive my ignorance here, but what has Darcy supposed to have done? Those kebab and beer in Blackwood nights rearing their ugly head?

I dont think anyone wants him to leave, not even Malky but i he is a loose cannon no manager worth there salt is going to just look the other way. I guess we will never really know 100% what's going on, but one thing we can be sure of is that Malky demands 100% work rate and commitment from all his squad, anything less just wont do. Maybe Just Maybe Darcy wont give his all in training and he thinks Malky got it in for him. But Malky has said in an Interview that Darcy knows what he must do to get back into the reckoning.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:45 pm

I like darcy but his strength is his versatility.
If he goes, so be it, won't lose any sleep over it.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:14 am

Darcy Blake?,he is OK,I think Malky is sorting it out and Darcy is only OK.Sorry Darcy fans. :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:31 am

Malky and his backroom staff advise the players on diet requirements so as they perform to their full potential, maybe Darcy thinks he knows better and McDonald's and chips and kebabs and shit like that is more to his liking, I'm only surmising but if it's true that he's into his Big Mac's then that's a black mark in Malky's book before he even starts, our manager demands total professionalism in every aspect from the players and maybe Darcy's not being totally professional. :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:26 am

Darcy NOT in the top two centre backs at the CCS :roll:

Wales, I fear, don't have the same luxury so no surprise he's getting more games for them ;)

Obviously 'something' going on down at The Vale and (despite me being consistent in my non-rating of the player) I DO think he is a 'versatile' player to have on the bench 'just in case' :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:22 am

Malky said last night in London.....that when he came to our club, he judged the players in training, and over a 6 week period Hudson and Gerrard were the ones who got the nod....he then went on to say that Turner was on his wish list from Day 1

He believes the turner/Hudson partnership has been working...certainly over the last few games,

he also said we were lucky to sign turner and if we would have let him get fully fit..another club would have snapped him up.

As for Darcy he said they have spoken and Darcy knows what he has to do to get back in.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:02 am

Strong talk down these parts is that Rodgers is on the verge of taking him on, if that is true, maybe they see something that some on here dont. Me personally, i do not want to see Darcy leave and I think if he does sort his supposed stuff out off the field, I really believe he could turn into a premiership class player.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:04 am

brick1964 wrote:Malky said last night in London.....that when he came to our club, he judged the players in training, and over a 6 week period Hudson and Gerrard were the ones who got the nod....he then went on to say that Turner was on his wish list from Day 1

He believes the turner/Hudson partnership has been working...certainly over the last few games,

he also said we were lucky to sign turner and if we would have let him get fully fit..another club would have snapped him up.

As for Darcy he said they have spoken and Darcy knows what he has to do to get back in.

Cheers for the latest info. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have heard Darcy has def not been pulling his weight and still not grown up away from the City.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:05 am

Neath Bluebird wrote:Strong talk down these parts is that Rodgers is on the verge of taking him on, if that is true, maybe they see something that some on here dont. Me personally, i do not want to see Darcy leave and I think if he does sort his supposed stuff out off the field, I really believe he could turn into a premiership class player.

I dont think Darcy is Premiership potential, def Championship. :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:22 am

Totally back Malky, and anything he decides as to Darcy's future is OK by me. This isn't Dave Jones here with one of his axes to grind or grudges to carry forever. I think Malky is far more level headed and fair minded and if he feels Darcy need to be treated in a certain way for the best long term future for the club and Darcy for that matter, then so be it.

Hopefully Darcy will knuckle down and do what do what he has to, and in time he will look back and than Malky I'm sure.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

His life outside football is not to Malky's liking shall we say.

Thats fair enough, In Malky we trust!

Just wish he would tow the line then, his handling of Wayne Rooney one of the worlds great players on a big stage at Wembley was just fantastic, a total intelligent and strong defensive performance. He has potential and versatility, big plusses for most managers.

I DO think a fit and professional Darcy could make it in the perm, Wembley proved that.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I am led to believe Darcy Blake will not even make the subs bench at Reading on Saturday.

Trust Malky mate, he is showing the team who is boss, we don't want him being weak and losing the dressing room, do we, we've been there before not so long ago!!!

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:28 pm

The bench is a toughie. Blake is good but I feel the other players are better on the pitch. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:10 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Totally back Malky, and anything he decides as to Darcy's future is OK by me. This isn't Dave Jones here with one of his axes to grind or grudges to carry forever. I think Malky is far more level headed and fair minded and if he feels Darcy need to be treated in a certain way for the best long term future for the club and Darcy for that matter, then so be it.

Hopefully Darcy will knuckle down and do what do what he has to, and in time he will look back and than Malky I'm sure.

Absolutely spot on Gwyn. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: