Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MM WANTS BIG BEN FOR SCOTLAND

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:12 pm

MM has said that if Wales wants Big Ben Turner they should cap him as soon as they can, before he tries to talking him into the Scotland side. MM has said that he thinks Ben also has a Scottish grandfather. SO GRAB HIM WALES WE STILL NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET. I would speedily put a Welsh cap on him. :ayatollah:

Re: MM WANTS BIG BEN FOR SCOTLAND

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:23 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:MM has said that if Wales wants Big Ben Turner they should cap him as soon as they can, before he tries to talking him into the Scotland side. MM has said that he thinks Ben also has a Scottish grandfather. SO GRAB HIM WALES WE STILL NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET. I would speedily put a Welsh cap on him. :ayatollah:

next friendly is in february !!

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:13 pm

the next competitive match is not until next august/september....

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:09 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:MM has said that if Wales wants Big Ben Turner they should cap him as soon as they can, before he tries to talking him into the Scotland side. MM has said that he thinks Ben also has a Scottish grandfather. SO GRAB HIM WALES WE STILL NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET. I would speedily put a Welsh cap on him. :ayatollah:

Let BT know where his bread is buttered. We will most likely play Scotland at CCS in the World Cup qualifiers so there's no real need to upset the locals :D

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:21 pm

In my world he would not qualify for Wales or Scotland.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:23 pm

jezzy666 wrote:

Friendlies are irrelevant...

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:08 pm

nerd wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:MM has said that if Wales wants Big Ben Turner they should cap him as soon as they can, before he tries to talking him into the Scotland side. MM has said that he thinks Ben also has a Scottish grandfather. SO GRAB HIM WALES WE STILL NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET.
I would speedily put a Welsh cap on him. :ayatollah:

Not if he plays they are not. It counts as a full international and thats it he is ours.

PS>.[quote] I would speedily put a Welsh cap on him. :ayatollah:[/quote
Nice pun! :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:21 pm

griff105 wrote:
nerd wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:MM has said that if Wales wants Big Ben Turner they should cap him as soon as they can, before he tries to talking him into the Scotland side. MM has said that he thinks Ben also has a Scottish grandfather. SO GRAB HIM WALES WE STILL NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET.
I would speedily put a Welsh cap on him. :ayatollah:

Not if he plays they are not. It counts as a full international and thats it he is ours.

PS>.
I would speedily put a Welsh cap on him. :ayatollah:[/quote
Nice pun! :ayatollah:

No it doesn't. We've capped Rhodes but until he plays a competitive match it counts for nothing.

Anyway, we need a centre half more than you do.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:40 pm

I stand corrected gentlemen. Apologies!

''2. If a player has been included in a national or representative team of a country for which he is eligible to play pursuant to §1, he shall not be permitted to take part in an international match for another country. Accordingly, any player who is qualified to play for more than one national association (i.e. who has dual nationality) will be deemed to have committed himself to one association only when he plays his first international match in an official competition (at any level) for that association. ''

PS> You might need him more than us but it would be good for Cardiff if he played for Wales. ;)

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:22 pm

no disrespect to Ben,but he is nowhere near good enough to be considered for either national team.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Ben Turner's maternal grandfather was born in the Pontypridd area in 1937. :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:02 pm

Wayne S wrote:Ben Turner's maternal grandfather was born in the Pontypridd area in 1937. :ayatollah:

Although Turner thinks he used to visit a Welsh grandmother.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:30 am

I was led to believe he has two Scottish grandfathers and we might try and nick him first,” he joked.

It says here he was joking, I don't think he actually means he has Scottish Grandaprents oes he? :/

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:06 am

Bakedalasker wrote:In my world he would not qualify for Wales or Scotland.

Indeed but we need to keep up with the times, this isn't a welsh team now an hasn't been for years.
We have plays like Collins who are welsh and don't give a toss for anything than his ego.... If turner is proud to play for us and plays his heart out I know what I'd rather.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:15 am

If it's more Scottish players MM wants ... Get Jordan Rhodes in a blue shirt :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: