Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What one do you perceive as Racist ?

You may select 1 option

View results

So two statements last week. Only one was Racist !!

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:30 pm

So Jason from Strictly comments were branded Racist. But the one in the Stephen Lawrence Case was not. What is the difference ?

Re: So two statements last week. Only one was Racist !!

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:So Jason from Strictly comments were branded Racist. But the one in the Stephen Lawrence Case was not. What is the difference ?

This is where it all gets confusing for an oldie like me.

All week the BBC have been saying ` Stephen Lawrence the black youth killed........'

If there is something wrong with the dancing blokes comments I would genuinly appreciate someone explaining.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:59 pm

If i get called a white tw*t by a black person,my issue is being called a tw*t not white because i am white.If i called a black person a black tw*t im branded racist.Surely the issue is being called a tw*t,calling someone black is not racist, its a description of the colour of there skin

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:00 pm

its because the term black can be found derogatory to the times when black people were used as slaves just because there colour.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:38 pm

jezzy666 wrote:its because the term black can be found derogatory to the times when black people were used as slaves just because there colour.

That's the explanation but surely events which happened in the 19th Century have no relevance in the 21st Century.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:41 pm

jezzy666 wrote:its because the term black can be found derogatory to the times when black people were used as slaves just because there colour.

The term they found offensive in those times was the N word which is still offensive today ....calling some one black is not

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:58 pm

It started by the N word which you can understand why it is offensive. What i find confusing is Black people use this term but then its OK because it has a different context :? :? :?
Then it was Coloured people but then we was told they find this offensive as they were black and that is how they should be described to identify them.
So Black was used and has been used for some time. But now the word Black has also been deemed Racist and offensive :? :? . So if i got Mugged and say one was white and the other Black how would i describe them ? :? :? Officer i got mugged by a White bloke, Honky, snow drop. The other was not :? :? :? .
At the moment this reminds me of School yard behaviour. Miss Johhny called me a name !! :o Miss always said (Or used to) Well call him a name back then johnny. Or they were told to say "sticks and stones will break my bones but names can never hurt me".
As i see it its something and nothing. we are having Murders, Rapists, Kids being abused, and this is the crime of the Century.
Now i don't like Terry much but its a witch hunt against him and he is being made out as the most evil guy in the Country. And certain Footballers jumping on the bandwagon including savage is beyond. Platters Comments was a bit like a school teachers grow up!! you will call each other names but after the game shake hands and get on with life. Now Platter in my mind is a corrupt buffoon and he needs to be replaced but not on this it is pathetic.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:00 pm

citygardens73 wrote:

The term they found offensive in those times was the N word which is still offensive today ....calling some one black is not

But obviously it is. Not once did Ferdinand say he was offended being called a c**t :o it was the Black word he found offensive. It was yes i am a c**t but you didn't have to say i was Black :lol:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:28 pm

citygardens73 wrote:If i get called a white tw*t by a black person,my issue is being called a tw*t not white because i am white.If i called a black person a black tw*t im branded racist.Surely the issue is being called a tw*t,calling someone black is not racist, its a description of the colour of there skin

Well thats where your totally wrong, if you make a reference to the persons colour or ethnic background then yes it is racist... if you call someone a c**t or Prick etc etc could be deemed offensive, but once you throw in Black. Paki , chinky etc, etc ,etc then that becomes racist...!!

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:36 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:It started by the N word which you can understand why it is offensive. What i find confusing is Black people use this term but then its OK because it has a different context :? :? :?
Then it was Coloured people but then we was told they find this offensive as they were black and that is how they should be described to identify them.
So Black was used and has been used for some time. But now the word Black has also been deemed Racist and offensive :? :? . So if i got Mugged and say one was white and the other Black how would i describe them ? :? :? Officer i got mugged by a White bloke, Honky, snow drop. The other was not :? :? :? .
At the moment this reminds me of School yard behaviour. Miss Johhny called me a name !! :o Miss always said (Or used to) Well call him a name back then johnny. Or they were told to say "sticks and stones will break my bones but names can never hurt me".
As i see it its something and nothing. we are having Murders, Rapists, Kids being abused, and this is the crime of the Century.
Now i don't like Terry much but its a witch hunt against him and he is being made out as the most evil guy in the Country. And certain Footballers jumping on the bandwagon including savage is beyond. Platters Comments was a bit like a school teachers grow up!! you will call each other names but after the game shake hands and get on with life. Now Platter in my mind is a corrupt buffoon and he needs to be replaced but not on this it is pathetic.

On a few posts on similar topics you have also said it's only words and basically neither here or there so why the fuss.. well a few seasons back I went to Millwall to watch a City game. Our bus stop near Tower Bridge and next to the bus was a group of black families, Men, Women and Children. A group of lads at the back of the bus started knocking on the bus windows to get these families attention and when they hard started doing monkey gestures and noises and shout offensive racist comments. Now I was gobsmacked and embarrassed that firstly I was on the same bus as these Fuckwitts and also that they professed to support the same team as Me..

So I ask you is this acceptable, only words, name calling, bit of a laugh, only banter?? No harm done?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:37 pm

Phantom Of The Chopra wrote:
citygardens73 wrote:If i get called a white tw*t by a black person,my issue is being called a tw*t not white because i am white.If i called a black person a black tw*t im branded racist.Surely the issue is being called a tw*t,calling someone black is not racist, its a description of the colour of there skin

Well thats where your totally wrong, if you make a reference to the persons colour or ethnic background then yes it is racist... if you call someone a c**t or Prick etc etc could be deemed offensive, but once you throw in Black. Paki , chinky etc, etc ,etc then that becomes racist...!!

So how about Northern or Welsh Or Scottish. Would that not be offensive ?
But my main criticism is all this is very hypercritical. Its if you say it must be very embarrassing to be called Black so dont mention it :?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:39 pm

and for the record.. to answer your poll.. I don't think either comment is racist, just describing what the person(s) involved looked like. he was a black male, white male, of chinese appearance.. no problem with that whatsoever

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:45 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

But my main criticism is all this is very hypercritical. Its if you say it must be very embarrassing to be called Black so dont mention it :?

No I agree with you unless you use the term to describe an individual in a derogatory manner.. i.e if you were argueing with a white fella and he was pissing you off, you'd say Feck off you tw*t not feck off you white tw*t, so if it was a black fella why would you have to bring his colour into it, if he's been a c**t... tell him he's a C**t... but as soon as you say feck off you black c**t, like it or not you've entered the realm of racism

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:52 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

No I agree with you unless you use the term to describe an individual in a derogatory manner.. i.e if you were arguing with a white fella and he was pissing you off, you'd say Feck off you tw*t not feck off you white tw*t, so if it was a black fella why would you have to bring his colour into it, if he's been a c**t... tell him he's a C**t... but as soon as you say feck off you black c**t, like it or not you've entered the realm of racism

Hmmm i see where you are coming from. Many times in work its "f**k off you Welsh tw*t" I just laugh. But we do have this saying in my place of work "if they dont take the piss out of you" they don't like you. And they try to be offensive as possible that is the way a lot of us are like. But its words and should not be a Police matter IMO

Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:10 am

Your totally wrong there,if i call someone black does not make me racist..... i agree black c**t could be classed as racist but me describing as someone as black ,your wrong.In job application forms they ask you are you black,white or any other ethnic background,so in your eyes there racist as well.Out of intrest how would you describe a black person if asked ?

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:13 pm

citygardens73 wrote:

Your totally wrong there,if i call someone black does not make me racist..... i agree black c**t could be classed as racist but me describing as someone as black ,your wrong.In job application forms they ask you are you black,white or any other ethnic background,so in your eyes there racist as well.Out of intrest how would you describe a black person if asked ?

Read my post where did I say that using the work Black is racist... errrrrr i didn't... I said if you use the term black with a derogatory or offence word then you fall into the muddy waters of a racial slur...!!
:old:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:28 pm

citygardens73 wrote:

Read my post where did I say that using the work Black is racist... errrrrr i didn't... I said if you use the term black with a derogatory or offence word then you fall into the muddy waters of a racial slur...!!

fool.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:57 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
citygardens73 wrote:

fool.png

I assume your kid with your childish jibes...!!!

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
citygardens73 wrote:

fool.png

I assume your kid with your childish jibes...!!!

....and if i was to call you a faggot, you'd say i was a homophobe or some other term you'd pick up out of the Guardian wouldn't you ?

Well guess what?

I couldn't give a f**k, so f**k you ya faggot! ( Oh noooooo! he's gonna grass me out to the mods ) :lol:

Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:02 pm

I suppose both could be seen as racist and depending in what context of course. Is the colour of the persons skin relevant in the conversation or is it being added to make a point about someone which wasnt needed.

Personally I dont see either as racist and both factual statements.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:08 pm

citygardens73 wrote:

Well thats where your totally wrong, if you make a reference to the persons colour or ethnic background then yes it is racist...

Read it again because .....errrrrr as you put it, YOU DID !,its in the first line of your post :roll:

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:57 pm

citygardens73 wrote:
citygardens73 wrote:

Well thats where your totally wrong, if you make a reference to the persons colour or ethnic background then yes it is racist...

Read it again because .....errrrrr as you put it, YOU DID !,its in the first line of your post :roll:

Let me explain again seen are you just ain't getting it.... the word Black is not racist on it's own when describing someone, but using the word 'Black' followed by a derogatory or offence word can be construed as being racist.. and thats the point i was making

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:12 pm

citygardens73 wrote:
citygardens73 wrote:

Let me explain again seen are you just ain't getting it.... the word Black is not racist on it's own when describing someone, but using the word 'Black' followed by a derogatory or offence word can be construed as being racist.. and thats the point i was making

I can only get what you write.....i get your point now but you didnt write that in your reply to my earlier post,lets just say we will agree to disagree :D

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:58 pm

Sorry Phantom but if you say White and then follow it with a derogatory word would that be Racist ?

Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:47 am

ELY BOY wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:It started by the N word which you can understand why it is offensive. What i find confusing is Black people use this term but then its OK because it has a different context :? :? :?
Now i don't like Terry much but its a witch hunt against him and he is being made out as the most evil guy in the Country. And certain Footballers jumping on the bandwagon including savage is beyond. Platters Comments was a bit like a school teachers grow up!! you will call each other names but after the game shakie hands and get on with life. Now Platter in my mind is a corrupt buffoon and he needs to be replaced but not on this it is pathetic.

Personal gain is a lot to do with it Chief. If someone can't get a job ETC let's play the race card. Maybe the person going for that particular job or promotion just ain't good enough.

Good post nukes, political correctness fucks me off, im white, positively milky, a black guy is black...fact. people try to use racism for their own personal gain, annoys the hell outta me.