Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " HAVE YOUR SAY ON OUR CLUB "

Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:00 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:At the recent meeting with the 1927 club, you stated that "the Malaysian owners were interested in aligning Cardiff City along with the nation of Malaysia". Can you please explain what you mean by this, as obviously many fans would be very worried about the connotations of such a policy?

And

Do you and the club truly view the Cardiff City Supporters Trust as fully representative of the wide spectrum of our fans and are they fully deserving of the access that the Football Club allows them (permission to build an office being one of them), given their minuscule membership figures?

Obviously feel free to refine them a bit Carl, if you choose to use them.

Oi, I've already asked Carl to ask the second question!!

Get your own :lol:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:15 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:Carl, can you ask why for Blackburn tickets we where charged £16.50 when booking on line and up loading to card, when i checked the break down of the cost it was £15 for the ticket, £1 booking fee and 50p was stated for postage. My card is uploaded so nothing is being posted out this is conning fans.

Now that's a good question...

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:23 pm

Carl, in my opinion, the atmosphere has to be discussed

I would ask if the lack of atmosphere due to the banning of standing in most places in the stadium is a concern of his if it's going to affect the club's performances on the pitch, because i think it goes without saying that when the stadium is rocking the players put in that extra 10% on the pitch... which over the course of a season could make the difference

it makes sense for the sake of the team/club that standing in certain parts of the Ninian is treated more leniently, and then anyone who doesnt want to stand should sit in a different part of the stadium

something has to be done

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Are there plans in place for more family friendly matches (like v Doncaster and Barnsley)

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:45 pm

Make the match shirts cheaper. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Carl,
Few thoughts from a season ticket holder for 12 years and fan for 37 that may be worth considering?
Can you ask what the club is going to do in future to improve its marketing as its appalling at moment.
We all know we have a big fan base but that includes a lot of floaters and the club has to do more to get these people into the ground on a more regular basis.
The only time we here of things like family / kids day, extending family stand into away end, cheap prices for Carling cup games is via this forum near to the game. Whilst this forum and others have there purpose most posters are regulars anyway.
ey need to do more via other forms of media to get message out to the masses.
Last Carling Cup game in half term should have attrcted more kids especially at low prices.
In Sams early days the use of Real Radio etc was excellent and drummed up support - why dont we use this anymore?
Why not use texts to floaters on data base that havent bought tickets with offers etc
I seems to me club sits back and expects instead of going out and seeking new support like most business's have.
Havent haerd or seen any advertsing drumming up support for Blackburn game only this forum.
It should be everywhere that we are in qtr final of carling cup but its not?
Why not offer first dabs on potential semi tickets as carrot?
IMO the club has to market itself better to right audience.
THis includes business. A a manager of a national company locally we used to sponsor games etc and recieve calls from club.
Since moving to new ground, we havent had 1 call apart from initially to join premier club.We have 8 tickets.
Club should offer local companies deals and free tickets to use premier club as a carrot for future potential business etc.
If they are not calling previous and existing business's , they are certainly not tapping into Cardiffs vast vast business network.
We regularly get emails from Blues about sponsoring, tickets , functions etc but not City.

Another week area is the future.We have massive captive audience in South Wales of kids football teams.
I coached a team in Vale league FOR PAST 8 YEARS.The club had over 300 kids between 6 -16 playing football every week.
There are approx 5 other clubs in vale with this number of kids and another 15 + clubs with less.
When you add Cardiff league,Bridgend, Valleys, Newport, Monmouth and teams in your neck of woods.
There have got to be 10 -20 k kids playing football in south wales who all love football.
Why dont club give each league say 500 tickets in corner of canton / ninian( which is empty except for big games)on a rota for them to share amongst there teams at say £1 kids +£5 adults as a carrot? I am sure at least some would return in future weeks? Could even send some to floaters that havent been this season as a tempter.
We all know they would spend in ground and shop as well
baffles me we have a massive young captive audience who have never seen city play and would love it?
All about marketing and getting out there in communities, we must do more.

anyway just a few simple thought to pass onto club for them to consider if you get chance
Is not rocket science and surely worth a go?

Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:35 am

Cheers Carl will print the questions off this am. :ayatollah: