Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " HAVE YOUR SAY ON OUR CLUB "

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:13 am

* The dire atmosphere must be improved. Please can you reconsider switching family stand and canton stand, and making a singing/standing section in the Ninian?
* Lets rejoin the Welsh Cup and use the opportunity to run a reserve team.
:ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:29 am

Carl I contacted Gethin back in the summer to ask if the City Walk bricks would be cleaned prior to the season starting , he told me that they would BUT it was down to the contractors doing the external work around the CCS . This clearly did not happen and the bricks are very dirty and need a damn good clean !!!! Please ask him to sort it out for us , and not in a Jimmy Saville style either :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:20 am

Carl I would like to know if the club are concerned with attendance levels at that stadium this season as so far our highest attendance is lower than the average for last season. Given that the club has sold a record number of season tickets this season it's obvious that there is less demand for tickets from non season ticket holders and away fans.

The financial situation in the country and further goverment austerity measures to come it's almost certain that unless we are promoted the club will likely sell fewer ST for next season than they did for this. If that happens will the board introduce a lower operating budget next season.

Does the club plan more events like the Middlesborough game because offering tickets at £10 is better than having empty seats in my opinion. Also a full stadium would help the atmosphere as well. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:24 am

Carl
I think the biggest threat to our club is the outstanding debt to Langston. I know negotiations are ongoing but we need, as fans to know how serious is this debt to the future and success of the club.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:01 am

it has to be our awful atmosphere, we need more singing/standing sections and some of the excuses they have made are just complete rubbish. home games are not enjoyable anymore tell them that. it's actually depressing at times and as fans we should love attending home games and being able to raise the roof. at the moment it seems like they don't care about our feelings regarding atmosphere and are happy enough to see other teams laughing at us.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:09 am

Why didn't the club enter the Welsh Cup this season and will it be entering the competition in future seasons?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:57 am

Ask him if the club are working to a legally binding contract which rerquires the club to payoff the loan note to Langston by 2016. If he says yes, then explain to AW that he's wrong.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:18 pm

carlccfc wrote:I am glad to report that next week I, along with a couple of others, will be representing this forum and sitting down with Alan Whiteley and putting forward questions we have regarding our club.

This is your opportunity to put forward your questions and you can rest assured that that they will be asked.

I had a telephone conversation with Alan this morning and set up the meeting and I was pleased with the conversation we had.

Alan recognises that this forum represents nearly 7000 members and is well aware of the viewings this forum gets and the impact it has on City fans and further afield.

During the conversation this morning Alan stated that as far as he his concerned this meeting represents a 'clean slate' as far as he is concerned, he is aware of the updates that I do and is under no illusions that I receive information from within the club but I have to say that he came across as very approachable and open minded, he was polite and it was pleasing that he is happy to have a meeting and tackle any questions that any of our members have.

Feel free to post your questions and there will be a report done next week on how the meeting went.

If they are not direct questions for me to put forward the posts will be deleted. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carl, out of interest did you or Alan discuss why we need to have a "clean slate" - I wasn't aware there was anything to wipe away?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Cheekily 2 questions, one when we reach the Play-Off Final would the club back plans to hold a memorial service for Mke Dye outside of Wembley, secondly can we have a bucket collection for Aidan Rosser.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:22 pm

eighty_8 wrote:Manchester City have successfully moved sections of fans to improve the atmosphere
Some fans dont come to games anymore due to the lack of experience/atmosphereThis needs to be addressed as we want to ground to get behind the team which will ultimately help and bring further revenues in

then can you really call these guys fans???

once again the main reason why the atmosphere sucks is down to the fans themselves not where there sat !

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Jez, in the five years I have known you that is the most sensible thing you have ever said :lol:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:31 pm

Oh one more question, is it possible that the club could introduce an online facility to buy 50/50 tickets?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:01 pm

Pug wrote:Ask him if the club are working to a legally binding contract which rerquires the club to payoff the loan note to Langston by 2016. If he says yes, then explain to AW that he's wrong.

Umm, how about asking if the Malaysians, if they will still be about in 2016, have plans to settle this debt becuase they are the only ones who can.

Of course that is if the loan note is legally binding to 2016.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:03 pm

dave46049 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I am glad to report that next week I, along with a couple of others, will be representing this forum and sitting down with Alan Whiteley and putting forward questions we have regarding our club.

This is your opportunity to put forward your questions and you can rest assured that that they will be asked.

I had a telephone conversation with Alan this morning and set up the meeting and I was pleased with the conversation we had.

Alan recognises that this forum represents nearly 7000 members and is well aware of the viewings this forum gets and the impact it has on City fans and further afield.

During the conversation this morning Alan stated that as far as he his concerned this meeting represents a 'clean slate' as far as he is concerned, he is aware of the updates that I do and is under no illusions that I receive information from within the club but I have to say that he came across as very approachable and open minded, he was polite and it was pleasing that he is happy to have a meeting and tackle any questions that any of our members have.

Feel free to post your questions and there will be a report done next week on how the meeting went.

If they are not direct questions for me to put forward the posts will be deleted. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carl, out of interest did you or Alan discuss why we need to have a "clean slate" - I wasn't aware there was anything to wipe away?

Aye, I didn't realise we were getting to the club. Perhaps the club are worried what we are saying.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:53 pm

Has the club set any time scales to sort out the Langstone debt ?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:18 pm

Carl, can you ask why for Blackburn tickets we where charged £16.50 when booking on line and up loading to card, when i checked the break down of the cost it was £15 for the ticket, £1 booking fee and 50p was stated for postage. My card is uploaded so nothing is being posted out this is conning fans.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:33 pm

what power does alan whitely have within the club? what could he change if he wanted to?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Buying tickets for friends on e-ticketing has been made complicated.

it now works someting like this.
You add the person you want to buy tickets for to your network.
The system emails them to ask if its OK for you to add them.
They confirm by clicking on the email link its OK to buy.
You then get an email with a link saying you'll add them to your network.
Its madness.Just imagine ordering 10 tickets

Does the club seriusly think fans are going to buy tickets for other fans without their permission.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:54 pm

carl can you ask for his assurance that the grange and canton end will stay as they are for the foreseeable future. :old:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:44 pm

What were the Boards ambitions for this season and have they changed in light of the great position that we currently find ourselves in.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:16 pm

The atmosphere needs to be sorted big time .

I would like the inside of the ccs personalised a bit more with the city crest or simply a sign saying CARDIFF CITY FC.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:07 pm

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:Carl
I think the biggest threat to our club is the outstanding debt to Langston. I know negotiations are ongoing but we need, as fans to know how serious is this debt to the future and success of the club.

THIS - Will the truth about Langstone, and the real truth be revealed before the end of the season. If we were to get promoted, it would be good to have this situation resolved beforehand, so that more of the budget could be applied to the playing side.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Would it be possible to ask why members of the armed forces do not qualify for a consession of tickets?
I have to pay full price for my season ticket, plus the bridge and fuel costs! I don't mind folking out to follow Cardiff. It does piss me off knowing some bum students (not all students are bums granted) get around 200 quid off and we're not considered for any form of discount. I know the Jacks do a fair bit for the armed forces..giving away free tickets for certain games and offering consessions etc, it's sad Cardiff don't recognise what we do and follow suit.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:09 pm

The one thing I want to know is WILL THE BOARD BACK MALKY??

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:26 am

Can we all have famous Scouse comedians drive us to our away games please ?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:18 am

Midfield general wrote:A few questions from me Carl if thats ok:

1. Does the club charge the kids in Malaysia the same fees that they charge local children for coaching sessions.? and if so would it be stated within the financial records.?

2. Is the Trusts office space being leased out to them at a price..? and is this a clear sign that the club is looking at leasing out office space within the stadium to increase income..?

3. Will any shares be available to non-existing shareholders in the future..? Every now and then you here that shares have become available but its always to existing shareholders only.

4. With the cold weather coming will the club be putting any heaters in the concourse...?

5. Is the catering contract ongoing or is there a end date so that the club could look for a better supplier..?

6. Will the club resume their pre-season friendly with Merthyr next summer..?

If I can think of anymore I'll let you know

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:28 am

1. Does the club charge the kids in Malaysia the same fees that they charge local children for coaching sessions.? and if so would it be stated within the financial records.?

2. Is the Trusts office space being leased out to them at a price..? and is this a clear sign that the club is looking at leasing out office space within the stadium to increase income..?

3. Will any shares be available to non-existing shareholders in the future..? Every now and then you here that shares have become available but its always to existing shareholders only.

4. With the cold weather coming will the club be putting any heaters in the concourse...?

5. Is the catering contract ongoing or is there a end date so that the club could look for a better supplier..?

Politician my arse! You're possibly the most ignorant man i have ever encountered. you do realise that a lot of these children in rural Malaysia dont have a pot to piss in! Perhaps they should take your mothers advice and clean windows yeah, you tool!

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:31 am

Carl can you ask if we can have reclining chairs with cup holders in them instead of those shitty blue seats we have to sit in. Sometimes when i have to put my drink on the floor, i accidentally kick it over and it spoils my matchday experience!!!

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:40 am

thehumblegringo wrote:

Politician my arse! You're possibly the most ignorant man i have ever encountered. you do realise that a lot of these children in rural Malaysia dont have a pot to piss in! Perhaps they should take your mothers advice and clean windows yeah, you tool!

:lol: :lol: :lol: what ever made you think he was a politician the guys an idiot if he ever put himself up for election he would have negative votes or hes one of our friendly members of the BNP :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:03 am

At the recent meeting with the 1927 club, you stated that "the Malaysian owners were interested in aligning Cardiff City along with the nation of Malaysia". Can you please explain what you mean by this, as obviously many fans would be very worried about the connotations of such a policy?

And

Do you and the club truly view the Cardiff City Supporters Trust as fully representative of the wide spectrum of our fans and are they fully deserving of the access that the Football Club allows them (permission to build an office being one of them), given their minuscule membership figures?

Obviously feel free to refine them a bit Carl, if you choose to use them.