Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" HAVE YOUR SAY ON OUR CLUB "

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:25 pm

I am glad to report that next week I, along with a couple of others, will be representing this forum and sitting down with Alan Whiteley and putting forward questions we have regarding our club.

This is your opportunity to put forward your questions and you can rest assured that that they will be asked.

I had a telephone conversation with Alan this morning and set up the meeting and I was pleased with the conversation we had.

Alan recognises that this forum represents nearly 7000 members and is well aware of the viewings this forum gets and the impact it has on City fans and further afield.

During the conversation this morning Alan stated that as far as he his concerned this meeting represents a 'clean slate' as far as he is concerned, he is aware of the updates that I do and is under no illusions that I receive information from within the club but I have to say that he came across as very approachable and open minded, he was polite and it was pleasing that he is happy to have a meeting and tackle any questions that any of our members have.

Feel free to post your questions and there will be a report done next week on how the meeting went.

If they are not direct questions for me to put forward the posts will be deleted. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As you all know we have now be doing Meetings/Q&A with people from our club or ex players/chairmen etc. for nearly 2 years.
viewforum.php?f=10 :ayatollah:

Re: "HAVE YOUR SAY ON OUR CLUB"

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Cheaper beer!!!! :lol:
:ayatollah:

Re: "HAVE YOUR SAY ON OUR CLUB"

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:28 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Cheaper beer!!!! :lol:
:ayatollah:

Baz that topic was covered extensively during the summer in a meeting Julian Jenkins held and unfortunately that won't be happening.

Re: " HAVE YOUR SAY ON OUR CLUB "

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:32 pm

Better Clobber in the club shop.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:35 pm

will the club give the same restrictions and amount of tickets to west ham and leeds so that they can be pissed off
like we were.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:42 pm

Atmosphere needs to be looked at as we as fans r gettin laughed at every other week

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:44 pm

singing/standing section in the ninian stand :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:46 pm

carlccfc wrote:I am glad to report that next week I, along with a couple of others, will be representing this forum and sitting down with Alan Whiteley and putting forward questions we have regarding our club.

This is your opportunity to put forward your questions and you can rest assured that that they will be asked.

I had a telephone conversation with Alan this morning and set up the meeting and I was pleased with the conversation we had.

Alan recognises that this forum represents nearly 7000 members and is well aware of the viewings this forum gets and the impact it has on City fans and further afield.

During the conversation this morning Alan stated that as far as he his concerned this meeting represents a 'clean slate' as far as he is concerned, he is aware of the updates that I do and is under no illusions that I receive information from within the club but I have to say that he came across as very approachable and open minded, he was polite and it was pleasing that he is happy to have a meeting and tackle any questions that any of our members have.

Feel free to post your questions and there will be a report done next week on how the meeting went.

and is a Bluebird unlike Jenkins :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Atmosphere.

Dont let him fob you off saying its 'regulations' either, cos theres no regulation
in the World says its 'safe to stand' in the Canton but not the Ninian.

this Club will lose vital matches because the away fans will get behind the team
while we have brain dead 'look at me i'm official' stewards stopping the home
support from raising the roof

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Yes good on you Carl for arranging this meeting on behalf of this forum and its 7,000 members. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Can you ask why the club have given the CCST an office in the CCS?

Ta.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:37 pm

Where's my post about asking TLG first gone?

He said the things Carl posts he already knows about. :D :D :D

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:37 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Can you ask why the club have given the CCST an office in the CCS?

Ta.

I think you will find it wasn't given to them but they paid for it. But I guess you already knew that.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:45 pm

Do you think Carl or anyone else should post information gleaned from inside the club on a public messageboard?

I assume this will not be deleted or am I not allowed a say? "all opinions welcome" and all that.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:49 pm

signalman wrote:will the club give the same restrictions and amount of tickets to west ham and leeds so that they can be pissed off
like we were.

Leeds get the same restrictions, which implies the others will also (though other clubs not mentioned by name). The trust asked the question in their meeting on the 8th and answers found on their homepage

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Very long shot but . . . Could a player come on the message board each week and have a Q&A, we put a number of questions forward, all decide on the board the best 15 or 20 and get them answered.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:59 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:Can you ask why the club have given the CCST an office in the CCS?

Ta.

I think you will find it wasn't given to them but they paid for it. But I guess you already knew that.

Surely it's a reasonable question considering there's a eight page thread here on the very subject.

Be good to get the truth from the club.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:01 pm

grifter wrote:
signalman wrote:will the club give the same restrictions and amount of tickets to west ham and leeds so that they can be pissed off
like we were.

Leeds get the same restrictions, which implies the others will also (though other clubs not mentioned by name). The trust asked the question in their meeting on the 8th and answers found on their homepage

Not true, Bristol City got a lot of their restrictions lifted coming to us, 2 years before we have going to them.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:04 pm

The Malaysians carried out due diligence when they first came to the club. Now they are using a forensic accountant to carry out work that the due diligence should have covered. Do they really believe this forensic accountant will discover anything?

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:09 pm

A number of clubs allow their supporters who are next to the away section to stand. This should be allowed at CCS as it would improve the atmosphere which is rather poor. Why are the club so hell bent on enforcing a sitting down policy in that area when it is NOT against the law to stand?

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
grifter wrote:
like we were.

Not true, Bristol City got a lot of their restrictions lifted coming to us, 2 years before we have going to them.

Agree in point you are making but you base that on what has happened during past seasons which I can't argue with. But looking forward to this season only the way I read the trust report it implied that the teams that have restricted us this season will get the same when they come to Cardiff

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:18 pm

Claude Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Ta.

Surely it's a reasonable question considering there's a eight page thread here on the very subject.

Silly question though if we all know the answer. :roll:
It has been discussed on here so much because one or more persons thought (wrongly) that it had. But obviously not though
I think Carl would be foolish to ask. If you want to write to the club and ask, fill ya boots! :D

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:41 pm

taffyapple wrote:Atmosphere.

Dont let him fob you off saying its 'regulations' either, cos theres no regulation

this Club will lose vital matches because the away fans will get behind the team

I second that! ;) :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:49 pm

How much of a financial impact has changing the manager and backroom staff been on the club and it's budget?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:01 am

SBF1 wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Ta.

Silly question though if we all know the answer. :roll:
It has been discussed on here so much because one or more persons thought (wrongly) that it had. But obviously not though
I think Carl would be foolish to ask. If you want to write to the club and ask, fill ya boots! :D

I obviously know the answer, as Carl correctly deduced.

I just want to be sure that some of my fellow forum members are equally clear as to the answer.

Perhaps Carl should ask instead if the club are content to meet regularly with the CCST due to the number of members/households of said Trust.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:21 am

Given the increase in matches for the U-21/Developmental Team in friendlies. Is the club likely to reintroduce a full time reserve squad in the near future or will the development teams continue?

Our manager recently spoke out against a reduction in the substitutes for Championship, League One and League Two. Is this likely to be reverted back to 7 next season, given that other managers have spoken out against it (e.g Gus Poyet, Tony Mowbray)?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:29 am

grifter wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
grifter wrote:
like we were.

Agree in point you are making but you base that on what has happened during past seasons which I can't argue with. But looking forward to this season only the way I read the trust report it implied that the teams that have restricted us this season will get the same when they come to Cardiff

That again depends on what happens at those games, arrests, trouble free etc etc :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:49 am

Our manager recently spoke out against a reduction in the substitutes for Championship, League One and League Two. Is this likely to be reverted back to 7 next season, given that other managers have spoken out against it (e.g Gus Poyet, Tony Mowbray)?

I dont see the logic in it either but wasnt it the clubs to voted initially?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:16 am

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Atmosphere.

I second that! ;) :ayatollah:

I third that

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:50 am

Manchester City have successfully moved sections of fans to improve the atmosphere
Some fans dont come to games anymore due to the lack of experience/atmosphere
This needs to be addressed as we want to ground to get behind the team which will ultimately help and bring further revenues in