Forever Blue wrote:For the NORTHERN IRELAND JOB. :shock:

Desperate or what ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: " I CAN CONFIRM DAVE JONES HAS APPLIED "

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:15 pm

:lol:

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:15 pm

If he can get a job then it's great news for us.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:17 pm

easy money for him, only a handful of games a year, with not alot of expectations and a nice pay check

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:18 pm

I wouldn't say desperate, would you be desperate earning the money he is?

It sounds more like he's keen to get back into football at any level, you can't blame him for that, it's what he's been doing for the vast majority of his working life.

I hope for his sake & the sake of the club, that he finds himself a job soon.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Ireland are apparantly willing to pay £500k so I suppose we will still have to fork out £300k but as that is per anum how long left does he have on his contract isn't it about six months if so does that mean that we only have to pay him £150k :o

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:22 pm

Igovernor wrote:Ireland are apparantly willing to pay £500k so I suppose we will still have to fork out £300k but as that is per anum how long left does he have on his contract isn't it about six months if so does that mean that we only have to pay him £150k :o

I would think he would have to forgo any monies owed if he wants the job.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:33 pm

If he was given a 12 months notice then i would think that he would be entitled to the full amount, in theory he is still working for ccfc so if he was offered another job, ccfc could hold him to his contract unless he waives any money due so I guess you are correct :thumbup:
Last edited by Igovernor on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:34 pm

International managers only see their players once every few weeks

jones will think he's back at the City

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:37 pm

taffyapple wrote:International managers only see their players once every few weeks

:lol: :lol:

Spot on Dave :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:38 pm

Igovernor wrote:Ireland are apparantly willing to pay £500k so I suppose we will still have to fork out £300k but as that is per anum how long left does he have on his contract isn't it about six months if so does that mean that we only have to pay him £150k :o

I think Jones will sort a pay off from City for the remaining months, just my opinion.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I think Jones will sort a pay off from City for the remaining months, just my opinion.

Surely no point in releasing him in that case?

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Surely no point in releasing him in that case?

Luke a pay off that suits City and Jones, thats what I mean. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:46 pm

Could be worth it.... I'd I was city I'd dig my heels in and say if he wants the job he loses any money owed from that day.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:51 pm

So his 'people in this part part of the world' speech will cover even more people.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:53 pm

RFMH wrote:So his 'people in this part part of the world' speech will cover even more people.

they certainly will, but over there they would hang him if he spoke to them like that.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:12 pm

taffyapple wrote:International managers only see their players once every few weeks

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:For the NORTHERN IRELAND JOB. :shock:

Desperate or what ?

Well if he gets it, I would suggest that Warren hangs up his boots at international level.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:56 pm

1 hour or so on a ferry to Birkenhead port. His family can live in merseyside, or still in South Wales even....for the kids sake. The majority of the squad, if not all are in the English or Scottish system so he will only be over there to smooch with the F.A from time to time and pre match training etc... Perfect for him. Can completely understand that choice to be fair.

A pure non footballing decision. The N.I. masses must feel upbeat about him. haha.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:28 pm

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... nt-manager

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:38 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/northern-ireland-specials/next-permanent-manager

Cheers Tony. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:06 am

I bet Warren Feeney is happy :lol:
If he was thinking of retiring, he will definatly be now :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:11 am

milly44 wrote:I bet Warren Feeney is happy :lol:
If he was thinking of retiring, he will definatly be now :ayatollah:

Nathan,

Warren will never make his 47th Cap under Dave Jones never mind his 50th.