Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONES for northern Ireland job?? Maybe??

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Dave Jones has emerged as a contender for the NI Job,

Personally I think Martin Oniel would be the man for it. Dave just trying for any job now

Desperate!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15775402.stm

Re: DAVE JONES for northern Ireland job?? Maybe??

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:59 pm

bluebird4life wrote:Dave Jones has emerged as a contender for the NI Job,

Personally I think Martin Oniel would be the man for it. Dave just trying for any job now

Desperate!!!

They could never afford him.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird4life wrote:Dave Jones has emerged as a contender for the NI Job,

Desperate!!!

They could never afford him.

They'll never get O'Neill even though he's from NI. Jones won't get ANY job unless he lowers his astronomical wage demands like Annis says.

Teams will continue to go for young sometimes unproven managers ie Portsmouth with Micky Appleton over Jones beacuse they simply cannot afford him!

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Annis,

That's very true, if they are gonna pay big wages why not go for Martin oneil or maybe Sven? But I just think he is getting desperate now and applying for anything going, why not do what every other unemployed man does and get on job seekers. Save us paying him for wasting our time!

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:23 pm

At first I thought this was a stupid idea but thinking about it it international management may be the best place for Dave.

He won't have to decide on player signings or spend the year making sure they aren't misbehaving as he'll only have them for two weeks at a time.

With a large pool of players to select from and being able to get players on actual form rather than hearing they were good from a man down the pub (or however he did it before) he might have a decent go at it.

And regardless of how you feel about Jones his management record isn't exactly bad, he only really had one bad season with us as far as I'm concerned and that was still a play off season.

Also I found this smiley and wanted to find a place to use it. :walk:

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:25 pm

I don't see why jones would take a job when he is already being paid well for doing nothing....I know I certainly wouldn't.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:39 pm

if he wants work he is going have to take a pay cut

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:40 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I don't see why jones would take a job when he is already being paid well for doing nothing....I know I certainly wouldn't.

Thats because your self self self Luke. :lol:

A bit like Jones and this time I am not joking.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I don't see why jones would take a job when he is already being paid well for doing nothing....I know I certainly wouldn't.

Because the longer he's out of the game the less employable he is.

The only chance he has of getting a job is while he's still fresh in everyone's memories as someone who took Cardiff to Wembley and to successive play offs.

If he's been out of the game too long his long term future is affected, sort of like a lot of the players who join Chelsea and Man City for the money. When they fall out of favour and end up in the reserve squad for two years everyone forgets who they are and they have to take much larger pay cuts than if they'd left just after their drop.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:00 pm

Aramore wrote:

Because the longer he's out of the game the less employable he is.

The only chance he has of getting a job is while he's still fresh in everyone's memories as someone who took Cardiff to Wembley and to successive play offs.

If he's been out of the game too long his long term future is affected, sort of like a lot of the players who join Chelsea and Man City for the money. When they fall out of favour and end up in the reserve squad for two years everyone forgets who they are and they have to take much larger pay cuts than if they'd left just after their drop.

May be he will be appointed once his notice with us runs out in May? N Ireland have no urgency to appoint someone now as their next competitive games will be next September.

On another note I wonder how DJ would go down in Ulster when he starts talking about people in these parts :lol: I can see a knee capping coming ;)

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:20 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Not being funny but if everyone on here was asked to not work for the rest of the year but get paid te vast majority would no doubt.

As for him being out of football to long that nonsense, everyone knows the score.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:30 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Not being funny but if everyone on here was asked to not work for the rest of the year but get paid te vast majority would no doubt.

As for him being out of football to long that nonsense, everyone knows the score.

During his pundit talk when we played West Ham he said he has had a 2 month break and now is looking back at getting into the game. Well he has had plenty of chances.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:33 pm

I'm sure he would for the right job or if city paid him off.
In doubt he is in a massive rush... Well I wouldn't be but that's me.