Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SENNA

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Has anyone else seen the Ayrton Senna documentary? I've watched it twice now and it's absolutely brilliant! I wouldn't even confess to being a huge F1 fan but as a kid I always liked Senna and this doc Is a fitting tribute to a genius!

Re: SENNA

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:04 pm

I have a great photo of Senna in his JPS car and its signed its really big all framed up it looks amazing.
Where did you see the documentary ? I would love to see it. I do have a VHS tape of his accident as it happened.
I taped that race and to see him lay there on the ground after they got him out of the car is so up setting. God Bless him.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:05 pm

The man was a true F1 racer. Only one place mattered to him 1st.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Ayrton and Bruno Senna.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:14 pm

I watched it at the weekend and the last chapter dealing with Imola had me with tears rolling downn my eyes. I still remember that Sunday Afternoon when a legend died on live TV.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:23 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:I have a great photo of Senna in his JPS car and its signed its really big all framed up it looks amazing.
Where did you see the documentary ? I would love to see it. I do have a VHS tape of his accident as it happened.
I taped that race and to see him lay there on the ground after they got him out of the car is so up setting. God Bless him.

Its out on DVD now! Treat yourself! One of the best sporting docs you'll see!

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:24 pm

Siadwell wrote:I watched it at the weekend and the last chapter dealing with Imola had me with tears rolling downn my eyes. I still remember that Sunday Afternoon when a legend died on live TV.

I've never forgotten it! Didn't seem real then and still seems unbelievable now! The man was a genius and a genuinably likeably bloke!

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Siadwell wrote:I watched it at the weekend and the last chapter dealing with Imola had me with tears rolling downn my eyes. I still remember that Sunday Afternoon when a legend died on live TV.

Quite impressive.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:26 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Has anyone else seen the Ayrton Senna documentary? I've watched it twice now and it's absolutely brilliant! I wouldn't even confess to being a huge F1 fan but as a kid I always liked Senna and this doc Is a fitting tribute to a genius!

Yeah, I've seen the new documentary about him and totaly agree with you, its a briliant docmentary, he was always racing over the edge of what was posible! I'd recomend it to anyone weather a motor racing fan or not :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:41 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Has anyone else seen the Ayrton Senna documentary? I've watched it twice now and it's absolutely brilliant! I wouldn't even confess to being a huge F1 fan but as a kid I always liked Senna and this doc Is a fitting tribute to a genius!

Not a big F1 follower saw Senna Twice in the cinema absolutelt brillian, had to laugh how Prost looked a clown :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:44 pm

I didn't realise what a tossed Prost was. Made Schumacher look like a saint.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Gutted i haven't seen it yet been meanin to buy it for weeks...class driver just gutted i was only young when he was racin and can't really remember him properly...they dont make em like him anymore

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:24 pm

Bought it on collectors edition blu ray, comes with a book and extra material

Is a gret watch and a fitting tribute to imo the greatest sportsman of all time :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:23 am

Senna was a great champion and there is a great Triple DVD Box Set out there for around £17 (may be the same as you saw)

I think it's simply called 'Senna' (can't open mine until Chrimbo!! :roll: ) and it has great footage and a great story of a true racing legend

Not my favourite motor racer ever (that acccolade goes to 'Red 5' Nigel Mansell) but certainly near the top and I loved his duels with 'Sir Nigel' (Mansell and) Monsieur Prost!!

When motor racing was exactly that....RACING!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:39 am

Sven Ghali wrote:Senna was a great champion and there is a great Triple DVD Box Set out there for around £17 (may be the same as you saw)

I think it's simply called 'Senna' (can't open mine until Chrimbo!! :roll: ) and it has great footage and a great story of a true racing legend

Not my favourite motor racer ever (that acccolade goes to 'Red 5' Nigel Mansell) but certainly near the top and I loved his duels with 'Sir Nigel' (Mansell and) Monsieur Prost!!

When motor racing was exactly that....RACING!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its unfortunate that the days of true racing are gone, Senna's death ultimately changed the face of the sport
Regarding h&s.
not that its too bad as the last few seasons since shuey quit first time around, its become half decent again
This has been down to changes and new rules i.e 1.6 turbo engines coming in in 2014 will again, improve
racing

If anyone on the forum is an F1 fan yet hasnt seen a live race, i urge you to go
as its unbelievable on the eyes (and ears!)

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:04 am

just got back last night from the abu dhabi grand prix.. while fying with etihad airlines they had this as one of the films/docs to watch..

i was a big senna fan and also was jumping for joy when he joined williams.. remember that weekend like it was yesterday... not forgetting the crash that killed roland ratzenberger the day earlier...

even if you are not a massive f1 fan then its still worth watching this sporting documentary.. its a really good watch...

:ayatollah:

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:45 pm

To be fair great document-tray.