Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: VICTORY IN SWANSEA DAY

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:42 pm

64JACK wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
64JACK wrote:I think us jacks have to be honest with ourselves here and admit we were totally stuffed that day due to sheer numbers. Yes we had our moments because in fairness we were a game bunch in those days and always formidable at home. But sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say fair play you did us. In fairness to the cardiff lads they do, ie: the time they came around the back of the North Bank to have us on the way out only to end up being kicked and chased all the way to high st station Many of them give us credit for that why cant we do the same? Sometimes you win sometimes you lose that was the name of the game! :lol:

fair play sir your honesty is refreshing

Got to call it as it is sir. I can pride myself on the fact I've never turned my back on a Cardiff fan..........Though I have paid for it on occasions! :lol: Likewise I remember an incident outside the guildhall one Easter Monday when we caught a mob of you totally unawares, no police 300 of us 50 of you. Unfortunately one guy stayed, I was in the front and did what had to be done, but I made sure sure no one else touched him. Top respect to that guy whoever he was! :ayatollah:

i was not at that incident but i believe the fella your talking about is a ccfc legend from neath
the mumbles road and sandfields area were always dodgy

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:50 pm

i hate these type of threads with what we achieved with the mickey dye fund

it's an age thing i know till 1982 when brizzle city were our main rivals

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:59 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
64JACK wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
64JACK wrote:I think us jacks have to be honest with ourselves here and admit we were totally stuffed that day due to sheer numbers. Yes we had our moments because in fairness we were a game bunch in those days and always formidable at home. But sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say fair play you did us. In fairness to the cardiff lads they do, ie: the time they came around the back of the North Bank to have us on the way out only to end up being kicked and chased all the way to high st station Many of them give us credit for that why cant we do the same? Sometimes you win sometimes you lose that was the name of the game! :lol:

Got to call it as it is sir. I can pride myself on the fact I've never turned my back on a Cardiff fan..........Though I have paid for it on occasions! :lol: Likewise I remember an incident outside the guildhall one Easter Monday when we caught a mob of you totally unawares, no police 300 of us 50 of you. Unfortunately one guy stayed, I was in the front and did what had to be done, but I made sure sure no one else touched him. Top respect to that guy whoever he was! :ayatollah:

i was not at that incident but i believe the fella your talking about is a ccfc legend from neath

fella your talking about is a ccfc legend from neath............ Fullman or something like that?

Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:59 am

A doff of the cap to you sir

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:02 am

64JACK wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
64JACK wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

fella your talking about is a ccfc legend from neath............ Fullman or something like that?

one of the best

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:04 am

porthcawlcasual wrote:
64JACK wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
64JACK wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

one of the best

Would you say the same if one of the guys he'd punched had fallen down and hit his head and died?

Would he still be one of the best?

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:07 am

MOZZER1 wrote:i hate these type of threads with what we achieved with the mickey dye fund

it's an age thing i know till 1982 when brizzle city were our main rivals

Its just a bit of nostalgia Mozz

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:00 am

64JACK wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

I remember that incident well mate..being a seventeen year old fresh faced with my Simpson flares and stupid curtains style hairstyle :old: It was Easter '89 I think and we'd come to Jackland in a convoy of mini buses and cars, from Bridgend, PT and Neath...all under 20 years old. Total ambush and I'm not ashamed to say the ass fell out of my world...got a bit heavy with weapons used if I remember rightly...always wondered why you didn't finish us off as we backed away tbh though