Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

heaton or marshall

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:03 pm

who should start against reading, both are very capable keepers with both having good games recently. Marshall had a very good game against leeds and if he didn't go off against derby he would probably still be no.1 keeper. but should heaton loose his place after having a very good game against palace.

personally i think heaton should retain his place because he seemed to be high on confidence after a good performance where he made very little mistakes.
it is good for mackey to have 2 good championship keepers with both having a case to be our no.1 :ayatollah:

Re: heaton or marshall

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:06 pm

It would be unfair to drop Heaton just because Marshall is fit. He didn't do anything wrong against Palace so to further boost his confidence I'd say to keep Heaton there for the mean time. You're right on saying we have 2 quality keepers wanting that No. 1 jersey.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:08 pm

I think it will be Marshall but I would keep Heaton in myself.
Have to say its the one position I have no worries on, both very capable.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:17 pm

i could see mackey picking marshall aswell but it would be unfair on heaton because heaton, bar his distribution at times against palace had a very convincing performance and i would say heaton collected the ball from crosses and corners very well which is one of marshalls main weaknesses which is one of heatons advantages over marshall

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:54 pm

unfair on heaton yes but im sure malkay has made it clear that marshall is our number 1 and we should wait for marshall to have a bad game before he is dropped not an injury.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:46 pm

Marshall for me every day of the week :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:08 pm

Good question, tough call. I think we have three good keepers now. I know we have two. Marshall by a whisker for me.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Marshall for me every day of the week :ayatollah:

Agree with that :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:15 am

2blue2handle wrote:I think it will be Marshall but I would keep Heaton in myself.

It's good to have 2 keepers going in to be number 1 - Good luck to whoever is in goal for the game :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:24 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I think it will be Marshall but I would keep Heaton in myself.

It's good to have 2 keepers going in to be number 1 - Good luck to whoever is in goal for the game :ayatollah:

Totally agree and they both know they can be replaced if they drop in form